Vivace - Polderdub

Im only half way into the first song so far, but so far i’ve been giving my 15" speakers a very thorough workout :D

And now, a review, out of massively oversized and overpowered speakers delivered to an undersized room and a damaged set of eardrums:

I don’t know how to begin other than this: Ya’ll should hear this at a club. I’m serious, give your local DJ a blowjob or something and get it played at your local. You must experience this for yourself! I’m there now, just gotta twitch the eyelid muscles to the position that makes stuff go black; I’m drunk and the sound is deafening; the bass is warm and friendly like you could hug it. If there’s a person next to me, they MUST be banging around HARD! There’s really no other choices available. The music dictates, on a subliminal level: Put your hands in the air, not straight up, put em wide and drunken-like so you collide with the person(s) next to you and jump/move like a spastic. If the person you collide with is female, grab it and bounce with it. Proceed to try and pash/grope/fuck. If it’s male, proceed to headbutt each other and jump around like idiots while screaming joyously/drunkenly.

In essence, this captures the thing (ADHD) about jordys old drums (specifically the drums, besides the boxed up effect of being breakcore, I always knew straight away it was a BOTB breakcore track before anyone told me) that both defined his style to the people who looked at surface value and also told the rest of us what he was trying to say about himself in his music, (yes it was clear to all and sundry that you didn’t make the later dramacore tracks out of being inspired) and then projects it onto the greater “normal” interpretation of music for all and sundry to be able to understand.

I would go so far as to say, that if I ever learnt anything about you by what you did in your older music, its not just the music that has grown, but you seem to have grown alot as a person too.

I hope other people get to hear this at a club.

EDIT: also unwittingly delivered to a scared flatmate :D

Thank you very much for that awesome review, alex :D
And I can only agree: people should hear this in a club.
Book me, I’m still cheap! ;)

well sure, if you want to come to australia you can do a gig in my bedroom :D
I can only pay you in the form of a roof over your head and alcohol though

related? :rolleyes:

you like huilende rappers botb? :)

& nice tunes, and your voice fits it really well

Yeah, it’s obvious isn’t it… ;)

Saying you used to do breakcore I assume you know Duran Duran Duran already did a song called Throat Yoghurt yeah? Although not in Dutch admittedly…

Not overly my thing but I don’t dislike it. Kind of stuff I’m perfectly willing to listen to. It has started to irritate me that it seems just about every half-way decent breakcore, hardcore and dark dnb artist are now doing one version or another of weak dubstep. Personally I would have to say the two that have done the switch-over the best and not sounded like music I’ve heard many times before are Broken Note and Ebola. Dubstep is the new big thing and it seems absolutely everybody is jumping on the bandwagon (except Tim Exile who has gone really weakly in another direction IMHO. I do know people who really liked his latest as well though…)

Persoanlyl your stuff reminds me quite a lot of what Luke’s Anger been doing and a few of Si Begg’s bits. Kinda shit I don’t mind hearing for a while or a few tunes in a set but I know I get completely sick of this kinda of stuff within a couple of hours. Then again I guess I do with the vast majority of music!

Wrote this while still listening. Last two tunes are definitely a bit of a divergence and a bit more original. Test Results has that Dutch feel with the kicks. Raskolnikov fits in the guitary sounds nicely but in my opinion sounds a bit like the new Prodigy stuff which is not a patch on the older stuff. Needs a stronger break, then it would be a wicked tune.

Glad you’ve kicked yourself out of your box and have found yourself enjoying music again. At the end of my day (in my opinion at least) that is the most important thing there is when it comes to making music. Sure a few people whose living depends on it might disagree slightly but you would still want to be making what you like if you could.

I know what you mean. And I can’t blame th artist who did the switch.
It’s a style that has a lower bpm but can still have the massive blast that breakcore can give.
It’s fun to make and seriously who the f*ck wants the “cursename” breakcore tagged to his music.
Breakcore nowadays is a genrename for the noobs who makes simple overcompressed, clipped, distorded noise and put out netreleases every week on one of the thousends netrelease labels on the internet that doesn’t give a shit about quality but loves quantity.

Dupstep is a way out, a scene that hasn’t been f*cked by the netrelease-labels (yet)

…I still like to break shit on 440 bpm though :P

That sayed, I don’t see botb (vivace) like one of those switchers.
He still has is own rightous style. If you here a song by him you know it’s the Boomerang touching Renoise.

and Tim Exile… that guy is so many steps before every producer.
:yeah:
His new stuff is banging!

This is inspiring work

+1

Is it me or is the renoise community putting out less breakcore these days?
Renoise has had a breakcore stigma for a few years now and it’s ironic the producers are moving away from it.

I pretty much agree with pretty much everything you said. Hope my last reply didn’t come across to offensive/in a put-down kinda way. been a big fan of BotB’s stuff for quite some time now and liked what I’ve heard from you since I came across your name a year or so ago.

Most breakcore sucks! In fact most music sucks big time!! There is good and bad in everything and I try and appreciate the good (although sometimes I find I can’t really enjoy something although I can understand it’s well done, such as the new Tim Exile, a lot of the French electro stuff and pretty much all garage.)

But trying to find a bit of hard dnb or breakcore before going out around a friend’s and checking the myspace of Krumble, Cardopusher and a few others I felt I was sure to get something to put me in the mood for a party to find nothing but dubstep really irritated me.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like dubstep, I just feel it has become too prolific and popular (nights like Yardcore and Braindrop who used to be most breakcore and dnb and even a fair few breaks nights such as Z-Shed now have more dubstep than anything else. Then there’s all the new nights and more bits sneaking in everywhere…) Some of it’s good but not so good it deserves to rule and knock everything else into the background, like it is seeming to do.

PS. I linked your album to a site with a fair few people who will appreciate it nicely. I assume you’re cool with that BotB. Peace.

That’s awesome to hear, thank you! Your reply isn’t offensive, it’s honest. You have some valid points, I can
imagine some people who used to enjoy the harsh, speedy breakbeat intensity feel disappointed by my
choice. Some people even sayd I’m going ‘the easy way’, while this music is SO MUCH HARDER to make!!

Anyway, thanks for your honesty, it’s well appreciated, but please let it be clear I’m not jumping on any
bandwagon. I enjoy dubstep, so it influences my music, but I don’t make dubstep. Or at least, that’s how I
feel, I guess one or two tracks can be considered dubstep… Oh well… It’s an interesting development I think,
dubstep is a concept that allows a lot of experimenting within the sonic space. Besides that, it’s relatively
new and therefore exciting. Who knows where it might go, what subgenres it might spawn, what crazy
talent is developing as we speak!

Thanks for sharing the link by the way! Can you tell me which website? Please please feel free to share this
album with everything and everyone! :D

Yeah true you’re album is a lot less dubstep and maybe shouldn’t even be lumped in with that. As I said it reminds me of some Luke’s Anger and Si Begg, neither of whom really do what I would call dubstep either. It just got me onto the rant and you know what it’s like once you start. Sometimes you just can’t stop! ;)

I liked your album and it was quite possibly more diverse than the rest of your output I’ve heard over the few years since I heard your name. I can see how it takes a fair bit of work but it’s different kinds of intricacies that the chopped beats of breakcore. I can see that with both you can easily get into ways of working where it becomes second nature and although it may seem harder now it may not at some time down the line (Wobble = automated LFO on LPF freq takes about as much, if not less effort, than beat chopping for example.)

Personally I would say my tastes are pretty eclectic, would by no means call myself purely a breakcore head. My records cover trip-hop, breaks, nu-schoo, dnb, jungle, ska, raggae, hardcore, breakcore, old pop/rock, budstep and all sorts of other bits and bobs (although pretty much all of it breakbeat based.) Wasn’t so much meaning to say you’re a bandwagon hopper as there seems to be loads of them at the moment and it’s seeming to make a bit of a hole in a scene I enjoy (although I have to admit done almost no record shopping for a few months.)

As to the site I linked it on. Nothing flashy but just linked in a mass thread of links to the likes of hip-hop, dubstep and electronica on a site that is generally based around free parties in the UK called Squatjuice. I know there is at least one other poster on here but he uses a different name.

Hi guys.

This is a bump.

And, I noticed that the link now says that it’s unsafe or something. Is it me or… ?

You might want to fix this.

I still love the album!

Yup! my safari says the same.

btw, this topic should be auto-bumped every month :walkman:

Holy buttfucking buddha… I just got home from holidays to find my server hacked… to bits… :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Fuck fuck fuckerdee fuck fuck fuck scriptkiddies die of aids in a coma

This means the actual final brutal death of Yomi Records…

Need to find a new place to host my stuffs, so uhm… POLDERDUB EP just became a limited edition for awhile, sorry! Thanks for the bump tho ;)

Damn! and I linked to your ep!

How long can we live in a world without a direct link to your ep?

Well, I don’t get any errors, warnings, meltdowns or viral warfare when I right-click and save-as. So mayhap I am overreacting and can isolate and annihilate the problem. Then again, I know as much about computer techs as I do about photography.

edit: as a temporary PLAN B, I’m currently uploading the EP to Megaupload…

edit: PLAN B

f0nk.com has always space if you need it. :)