Vote For New Features!

64 bit does also mean:
-Lots of plugins shall no longer work as the majority is 32-bit (and you can’t load 32-bit plugins in a 64-bit app)
-You might not be able to use ReWire or not being able to ReWire with 32-bit apps…

norv, as the majority of people asking for 64.bit version, uses Linux, so I believe he is not really afraid of these issues

You are my new best friend Mr. Alien.

BTW if I have a licensed Renoise on a 64bit OS, can I use Renoise on a 32bit OS (different partition) on the same computer without getting death-rayed by the Renoise Secret Police?

Renoise licence lets you install on as many computers as you wish as long as only you have access to the program. You could have a Linux desktop, Windows laptop and a Mac all with their respective versions installed. Don’t go installing it on your mate’s machine though ;)

Thanx kazakore for that info :)

kinda dig the main idea.
+1
(((((:

beatslicer

I want an IO metadevice.
-it turns shit on and off.

this so I could hook up a narrow band EQ paired with a gate device controlling the IO metadevice that is controlling the narrow band EQ.
then when the trigger comes the gate turns on the IO metadevice to turn on & off the EQ. then have curves on how the signal should come in, on what the IO metadevice is controlling.

Could also, use this IO metdevice to create very interesting aftertouches.

or do some very crazy stuff with an LFO device>>IO device>>LFO device combination.

also, this could automate very strange ways of using echo delay.

like for instance:

lfo1 to lfo2 to io device to echo delay

lfo1 is controlling lfo2’s frequency creating a kind of sinewave bouncing ball on the IO device controlling echodelays on and off.
Styling echo patterns & motifs!!

Nibbles.

No beatslicer! Please! 09XX FTW!

I would like to see a sample syncing function that isn’t limited to 512 steps though. That function alone is the only thing I use in Ableton and the only reason I keep it installed… because I can get a whole song, if I choose, to play at any BPM. A feature like that in Renoise would render Ableton obsolete for me.

Why do all “When does the next voting come” topics end up in “I vote for” topics? ;)

We can’t promise a date for the next voting yet, but there will be one. Sorry if we can not promise more than this. Its just like always, that we are right into a bunch of new stuff/features that also influences the voting. Oh well…

Heheheheh get used to it Taktik
Like it or not Renoise users are fanatical (In a good way)

Bungle

It’s not possible to be fanatical in a good way I think…

I just realised I’ve never had the op to vote myself. hmmm
Does everyone deserve to vote though really. In my opinion only a select few should, and all of them are me :)
I vote free Renoise mug with every license.

That would be another way of saying, “your wishes are already coming true” ? :)

Hey, I like that idea, but why not post this in ideas & suggestions? That would make it easier for everybody to comment and for the dev’s to track.

Track freezing, so I can get crazy amounts of plugins piled up with minimal CPU :)

What about vst 2.4 and 3.0 support? - if it is possble (Cubase 4 AI have nice algorithms what renoise can’t load for example)…
A something like a group-channel tracks can be usefull just like in analog mixer consoles (especcially then you need to process some parts thru an one EQ or insert effect) - inserting FX to each of this track (and automate it in identical fasion) is more confusing and it needs more CPU.
:drummer: :guitar: -> :walkman:

You can group tracks already
Use a send and turn off the original tracks output by using mute source
Send any additional tracks to the same send and you have a group
I don’t see how better a grouping could work ;)

Bungle

It IS the solution)) Thnx (app is so flexible so after cubase sometimes it’s hard to reorganize myself)
but new VST supprot is still awaiting…

Offtop: Do anyone know what about DSP systems support under Renoise (such as Powercore or UAD) if they based on VSTfx interface?
:w00t:

PAINO ROLL
the only reason why i still need other programms to make my melodies :frowning: