What do 3.3 really needs…

For me personally as long Reason user, i want to use Reason Rack in Renoise without any workarounds :slight_smile:

I see… Can i offer you an egg in this trying time?

I just want to be able to switch the bottom panels so that when my mixer window is separated, I can choose whether to have my automations or my DSP chain below it. It’s really annoying and has been since the update that this cannot be changed. Please. lol.

I spent the entire morning reading this entire thread. Whoah lol

1 Like

This.

Also being able to see either automation or devices in the lower frame (i.e., automation in pattern edit, devices in mixer)—when the mixer isn’t detached. This would be a huge workflow helper when on a single screen, since I never have the mixer detached when working on my laptop.

Also, having the bottom panel visibility persist (i.e., visible in mixer while hidden in pattern edit, or vice versa) would be helpful for managing screen real estate.

Thank you for your agreement. It’s genuinely ruining my workflow lol - I can see why someone might want automation on the left… but it should be on the right in my eyes.

All I want is the option. Thanks guys.

Rotating pattern blocks, as described here Rotating pattern blocks

New to Renoise (~ 1 month); couple suggestions below:

Ability to ‘play’ the filter after lowering input sound volume (note w/o instrument?).
Madtracker 2 file format (open source) import with automation convert.
Fasttracker’s ‘pattern loop start / trigger count’ (eg E60 + E63).
Fasttracker’s ‘Fine tune’ effect (eg. X27).
Right-Click instrument to mute / solo it.
Multichannel-Edit in step-mode.

A growing number of plug-ins I own are VST3-only. It’s been a trend this year for new releases like Fundamental, Super 8 R2, and the Reason Rack.

2 Likes

i’m not pumped for vst3 tbh if thats what the update is ( which it proberly is )
i already have the two main vst i use and there vst2 atm , but i guess vst3 is future proofing renoise.
i am good with the version i have but
audio tracks or better sidechaining would be nice and better quantizing but i think i am being optimistic.

We’ll see. Maybe there’s more features considering it’s not out already, but I have the impression VST3 is the main feature.

2 Likes

Imagine a dog doing zoomies- that’s me. I hope the update comes soon!

2 Likes

I would See all the great effects as a effect rack vst for another daws

Importing tracks from other songs would be nice. Just open the zipped structure of the renoise xrns, search for your track name and open it in your current song, with pattern data, sample and vst plugins please :slight_smile: That way I could have a lot of standardized kickdrum patterns and so on. Or use a hihat from another track. Awesome!

This feature is not what Renoise needs right now, but what Renoise deserves.

[edit] only the pattern data would be sufficient, I can already save a device chain and load a sample. [/edit]

3 Likes

is it coming yet?

3 Likes

yeah it’ coming, only taktik and the team knows when exactly. I would expect them to do beta/alpha testing right now.

Where is Taktik? I hope he is fine…?

I thought 2 days ago that it would be damn fun to be able to trigger small functions in the grid to interact with parameters…
Sometimes it’s painfull to write all parameters or draw envelopes when juste writing (or reusing) a small thing could do the trick…
That could work nearly out of the box with the lua api if it was possible to bind functions with pattern actions (a new letter -> function with one parameter)… maybe the lua api should have some little add to get informations about the position in the song, but not so much.

So why bother requesting new features for 3.3. then :slight_smile:

yeah there is no point now
i feel if its nearly here

He is offline to bugfixing the 3.3 all day and night :wink:

1 Like