What do 3.3 really needs…

Not important but very useful: all Renoise as VST. Or Redux with VST instruments support…

2 Likes

3.3 will feature VST3 and not much else in case some of you didn’t know already. There’s a beta test and it should be out before the end of the year hopefully.

Suggestion to make a new thread cause 3.3 feature list was already announced
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Will do!

1 Like

Where was it announced? Can’t find it anywhere.

Not me. I like the Guitar Roll personally!

1 Like

Will be nice an VERY necessary see total size of selected sample in beats, sec., or whatever, instead of presented FROM…TO.
renedit

1 Like

It already shows this, there’s another value after the from-to range. Make the central GUI area larger and you’ll see it. There was nothing wrong with the installation.

2 Likes

Look like, something went wrong. After reinstalling its come.

A switch for MIDI input when making phrases in Phrase Editor !!!

All my other note input is done via MIDI keyboard. Having this not possible in Phrase Editor cripples my workflow severely. Hate entering notes via QWERTY keys.

Instead of Renoise 3.3 I’m hoping for a jump to Renoise 4 and a paid upgrade fee, because I have a feeling this project could use some extra dough to make it more viable, granted the niche that is trackers. I’d gladly pay for it, and I’m not even pretending to be a rich person.

5 Likes

this is also why i’ve bought redux, yet i haven’t really used it tho. I will also upgrade renoise licence in the
begining of January to support the devs! I think it’s well-deserved

I am very happy with Renoise as it is. Realy I am.
I hope the performace quality will not be lost in future updates - I enjoy making beats on an old thinkpad - fine enough for me.

I absolutely do not need any translucent smooth openGL animations and other visual smothery.

It is great that I can have the whole of daw in one window - feels like hardware sequencers, great.

The Multitracking - would it be possible in the recorder window - to have an option - to automaticaly align and insert the recorded sample in its current or assigned track - automaticaly puting C4 note and make the sample ‘autoseek’ automaticaly…

3 Likes

the thing with creative minds is that they have lot of ideas and who knows if taktik want’s to spend the majority of his time working on renoise. I’m glad we’re getting vst3 support and I’m sure there will me more updates, but I’m simply not expecting anything anytime soon after this update.

2 Likes

I did make a new post to capture new ideas for future versions of Renoise here:

@taktik helped us by giving a more generalized title so we don’t need to refer to version numbers.

@taktik also did mention earlier that the major update was to be support VST3 plugins, and called for beta testers about two weeks ago.

1 Like

I wish gridlines in sampler, like it is in keyzone. Sometimes its very help for working with sample. Of course, with option on/of, if necessary.

1 Like

Ability for a VST to send MIDI to another VST.
That’s all.

2 Likes

You can already for instruments. VST instrument can send midi to any instruments that are lower on instrument list. [midi routing on plugin tab]

3 Likes

Snapping controls.

1 Like

I think the automation in general can be improved a lot. It still feels a bit shaky sometimes when moving automation points. I also like to have the possibility to better so cross pattern automations.

5 Likes