What do 3.3 really needs…

For all that (Different Programming stiles) are Reasons -> Codeguidlines, Forced good documented/commented Codestyle, Formating Rules, and the Implementing Dev has last word! So what want more? If the Coder has not the discipline to fullfill the quality standards of Code then his contribution will not accepted for integration.

Oh man that would be so sweet

yeah, seams like a big change to the core aspect of renoise, but I hope this comes as well at some point. I’d be fine if notes that lie on subdivisions just disappear if you’re zooming out.

1 Like

PLZ Store the “Alphablend TrackColor” Value and the “Apply to all Tracks” Value in Renoise or Theme Config !!!

how many people develop radium ?
that has audio midi , etc albeit thats a new program built from the ground up and its probably harder to implement stuff into older code is it not ? i have no idea tbh.

from the Radium homepage:

The development of Radium started in 1999 based on ideas developed 1997-1999 while extending the Octamed tracker on the Amiga. The first public version of Radium was released in 2000. Since then, Radium has been ported to Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. Today, Radium is probably the worlds largest and most advanced tracker-like music editor.

@dspasic marketing speech… you know :wink: I testet Radium, its not the right for me, to experimentel. I love Renoise because its has keep the original trackerconcept and the gui shows that there is many much love in it.

2 Likes

I gotta be honest radium is ugly compared to renoise but you know its a shame renoise don’t have a bit more backing I feel with a few modern things it could be popular , I like the view and I never used trackers before istarted with Cubase

1 Like

I wrote this already somewhere and it’s off topic, but for renoise to have a higher adaption rate it needs two things:

1.) when navigating rows, the curser should move instead of the table
2.) when entering a note, the curser shouldn’t automatically jump to the next row

if you get used to this, it’s like second nature, but if you’re new to renoise it literally works exactly opposite like what you know from computer entry and it’s rather easy to just get fustrated, close the app and never open it again…

just my opinion

If that’s somebody’s objection to Renoise, they were much more of a, “try before you buy,” user, than a serious long term user/license sale…

Anything, “daw, plugin, hardware synth,” etc, has a workflow that must be learned and gotten used to. People willing to learn that workflow, genuinely, “need or want,” the features provided by whatever it is they are checking out

renoise is awesome. But there are a few things that drive me crazy since a decade or so :

I find the midi recording kind of a catastrophe. You can record, but it is often not on the grid, and then multiple keys at once turn quickly into a mess - then the usual excel style cleanup is required, which completely interrupts the recording workflow. This could be fixed, if notes including their note off s were objects /blocks.

A lot of things could be simplied conceptual. But it is OK that these will be never done or you don’t even know what I am writing about :smile:

Then I miss a lot of workflow stuff in bitwig where renoise simply is brilliant I guess that also will never come to bitwig. E. G. My jump from/to send tool, only possible in renoise, or muting also mutes sends, such well in deep thought stuff. If I suggest that into a bitwig chat, nobody knows what I mean, they do not know renoise, or not very well.

Well I hope Taktik will soon come around with v3. 3. I bet it will be awesome.

The ‘Edit Step’ set to 0(?) Pattern Editor - Renoise User Manual

@4tey I know, but somebody who never used a tracker has no clue what Edit Step is. I’m not even saying that the Renoise/Tracker workflow should change - just that if you never used a tracker you will much more likely just give up because it feels like left is right and up is down. there is a reason why FL is so successful - you open it up hit play, click some steps in the step editor and you got a beat going.

back to topic though :slight_smile:

Renoise 3.3 <3

Something I would find great would be a switch/shortcut to have a phrase block automatically be cloned/aliased and repeat on every pattern.

So when you have come up with a beat that let’s say has 4 patterns in the block editor and is 4 or 8 bars long and you now want to come up with a 1 bar melody to it, you could just hit that switch on the track and the one bar would automatically be spammed onto all pattern phrase blocks of that track.

Also a play button for sections, so you can schedule whole sections to be played, by shift+clicking them.

1 Like

@ffx you just have to turn on quantize to have notes be on grid. I actually think that note recording is quit logical, as long as there is a held note a second held note will be put on the next note column. don’t really see anything wrong with that

Something that also bugs me with all DAWs is that internal instruments never adhear to Midi Commands. Wouldn’t it be great if you could change Renoise Sampler Patches via a Midi Program Change command in the Tracker Matrix?

I want to have the option to Show the piano keyboard in the Main window at the bottom, the same kind as dsp and automation

Poor dev

3 Likes

Yes, there are to many wishes, they would destroy renoise as a tracker

2 Likes

Nahhh a tracker is the way you edit notes vertically, type in commands and maybe including the way the arranger works. Renoise will always be a tracker even with all wishes included right… but yeah the poor dev must prioritize hard :woozy_face:

1 Like

This is going way off topic, but let me just say, “it is the same thing with anything that is slightly difficult.”

People give up difficult things very, very quickly. Renoise, or anything.

I have a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, a brown belt in Judo, and a black belt in Shorinjiryu.

I have been doing martial arts my whole entire life, and I can tell you that, “most people, when faced with the slightest bit of difficulty,” give up.

People hate going outside their comfort zone. FL Studio is designed to make life easy, so is a lot of other music software.

Renoise is for people who are going out of their way, to use something that is, “unique, and different.”

And frankly!! Totally awesome. Renoise is so awesome. FL studio is just blah… boring!

1 Like