What do 3.3 really needs…

For sure, Renoise 3.3 really needs some ropes, some klaxons, some whistles, some cymbals to interact in realtime while the main track is playing:

1 Like

In Rubberband you can only apply changes to the whole sample at the moment, it would be great to be able to select an area within the sample to edit, so you could pitchshift individual notes in a melody for instance.

Also I have to play long vocal samples in Renoise to export them for Melodyne editing, it would be nice to be able to export without such a bulky method.

Other than this I think Renoise is unimprovable.

1 Like

There are so much new features to implement!
And Taktik, who is human (I think so), is certainly in containment at home.
So Renoise 3.3 could fall in a few weeks now, right?

4 Likes

Here’s hoping!

:joy: lol

The ability to trigger random samples in an instrument

1 Like

The ability to trigger random samples in an instrument

Like Sampler>Keyzones>Overlap>Random or something more specific?

Specifically, i would personally love to see a random output mode, so that no matter what key is put into the pattern editor a random keyzone would be played.That would be amazinggg…

1 Like

Maybe this setup workaround will help you?

Load your samples in the sampler. Add them to keyzones. Set overlap to random

Create a phrase like this to make slot randomisation across one of the keyzones. Turn off phrase loop. Map the phrase to a note (C4 here).

Create a second phrase for the second keyzone. Turn off phrase loop again. Map the phrase to a second note (C#4 here).

Go to the pattern editor. Use slot randomization for phrases one and two’s notes and you’re done. Now you should have a randomly selected keyzone playing a randomly selected note from each keyzone playing a randomly selected sample in each keyzone.

3 Likes

Thanks for that,however this would not work for me, as i would be looking to randomly trigger samples within multiple instruments of which all of them would have 120 samples each or whatever the maximum is,i believe the phrases can only have like 8 columns each or whatever, its just extremely impractical.There is a vst that does this but it has some awful internal processing going on and i really don’t like how it sounds, i think it has like an internal compressor that you cant see and i hate it.Its twisted tools s-layer btw.

1 Like

Never mind dudes,renoise can already do this :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah yeah S-Layer, I know it. I replicated it in Renoise using the same thing I did above but with loads of instruments loaded up with max samples like you said, then put each one on an independent track. Cool way of making layered shit. Saved me having to pay for S-Layer cause I’m a cheap prick :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah its a really cool vst but i just dont like how it sounds,it sounds to me like it sucks the life out of stuff you put in it.Now that i know how to do this in renoise, i would like to see a button in the instrument that would assign a random keyzone per sample and i dont mean the random overlap, which is rockin btw!!

I would also like to see a batch file rename option too and a calculator!!

1 Like

Yeah I agree, a random output button would be fantastic. I’ve sunk so many hours into doing the same overlapping techniques across loads of tracks and it gets really tedious.

You can batch rename all the files within an instrument if you you go into the sampler > select all > batch rename. Can’t batch rename instruments themselves though. That’d be handy, especially when making duplicates.

Thats good to know, i would like to be able to do it to samples in my folders though through renoise. I hate having to do anything outside renoise and interrupt the whole workflow.

It would be cool if the Instr. Automation device would list the last touched parameters of a VST/VSTi.

Two things I’d like to see, better handling of importing midi files and bumping the lua version up. The first because it’s just clunky to get multiple midi files onto particular tracks, and the second for performance improvements and some language improvements. :slight_smile:

However as both would probably necessitate some significant changes, I would think it would be in a major version update, not a minor.

Cheers.

It would have been very useful if the “Render To Disk” settings were stored locally with each file. The file name, folder and different render settings I use vary from song to song so I currently have to change it back and forth all the time. If it were stored with the individual ,xrns that would have saved me some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Renoise needs nach wie vor vst3 Support :smiley:

2 Likes