What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

I’d also love the ability to set custom background and font colors per-column. So all the delays are blue on white the volumes are black on yellow etc I just find them too hard to tell apart as-is.

Using an image as a background would be great and if I could do that it’d be easy to make a custom one with vertical stripes and then the aforementioned feature would be unnecessary.

More FX would be cool. Like a note repeat FX.

In general with Renoise and almost any DAW I’d rather see existing features perfected rather than trying to add too much new stuff.

Time stretch/ repitch without changing time would be extremely useful and would seem to complement a lot of the other features (since renoise is quite sample focused). It’s the main edge ableton has over renoise for me (although i still prefer renoise overall). It would be a big deal if renoise got this feature.

You mean time stretching without changing pitch? This is possible. Check out the different sync settings in the sample properties in the instrument editor.

• Toggle sharp/flat display
  • Incremental search in file browser
  • Sample start offset (so I can loop 0…15, 1…16, 2…17 etc. at different pitches easily)
2 Likes

randomise velocity effect command
randomise pitch effect command (for midi)

1 Like

also check out the excellent New Tool: RubberBand-Aid

2 Likes

Im a noob, perhaps it’s possible, but I’d like to take a track and say: this audio comes from an hardware input.

Now that Rewire is out of the window - and unless it doesn’t come back in any way (?) - I find myself switching back and forth between Logic and Renoise, and when I’m in Logic i miss the stuff that Renoise can do and vice versa. And sorry, Redux really gets on my nerves… My workflow slows down a lot with that one.

I’m totally lost at this moment, and it sucks to be a music producer in the year 2022 so far. So, lets hope that Renoise will implement the main features that other DAWs have; like waveform-view, piano roll etc. And/or that Logic will implement a tracker-view. :sweat_smile:

Oh, and I’m 100% serious.

3 Likes

I hope and wish for Renoise to stay Renoise - the best tracker available, not the all-and-everything-in-one bloated piece of software, just because some people have to have piano roll in every damn tool they use.

9 Likes

I want Bitwig routing, moduation + Bitwig DSP + Bitwig receiver concept + Renoise DSP + Renoise GUI + Renoise tracker concept.

4 Likes

ya, moar/improved dsp, please!!

1 Like

I agree more are needed.

You can add multiple VST paths since version 3.4.0

3 Likes

Henlo fren,

I deleted this post since I asked for something that already exists.

You can add more than 2 paths.

It’s just optically EXTREMELY confusing.

So my updated suggestion would be:

Make it optically visible that you support more than 2 paths.

sounds like you have too many options :slight_smile:

Also I was just now actually able to get decent performance for single channel recording of Renoise with Logic as master sending MMC/MTC over IAC Bus (all checked except PDC), to which Renoise was midi clock slave to the IAC bus, offset to around 25ms in renoise prefs.

Audio output in renoise was set to Blackhole ( a free audio loopback software ) and input in logic to Blackhole.

The first note lags a bit but after that it plays well, so might have to just a blank first bar.

It there are better settings someone knows please update

Renoise must remain a tracker. However, I work with many external VST instruments and also VST effects. It’s so fun to build your own custom studio into a tracker DAW.
That’s why:
For me, the most important thing is that Renoise stays fast and CPU-friendly or gets even faster. I work with a laptop for live performances and there the CPU load and a stable system are the most important. It would be great if you could manually turn off some things in Renoise - for example I don’t need a sidechain function. But the CPU load from 3.2.2 to 3.4 has increased quite a bit… Just don’t slow down!!!

Currently not sure about moving to Renoise 3.4 as 3.2.2 runs so stably…

2 Likes

I don’t hope for anything and I don’t have any wishes, because Renoise already has got all you need.

Imagine being a music producer in the year 1992… I can tell you, being a music producer today compared to then is way easier and there are a lot more options. I wish there would have been nowaday’s options back then. It would have been nice to have a proper income due to music besides the usual work. In the 90s there were serious options to become rich by making music. But not today.

Yes!

2 Likes

To start playback from within a pattern using the automation editor… or is this already possible? I swear I did it before but now it doesn’t work.

I just wished Renoise would have its effect plugins updated, some clunky workflows (as resampling, for example) improved and also the sampler updated with convenient tools that people (understandably) have been asking since the 00s.

I know many of you guys like to praise limitations in Renoise as “character”, or like to say that Renoise shouldn’t change but I don’t think the bare minimum of workflow improvement can be classified as a hard “change”. Renoise has a LOT to catch up, more than any audio software that I currently use imo. I love it more than any DAW despite its many flaws, now imagine if it had some functional improvements implemented, more frequent care directed towards its workflow, tools and updates… It would be insane. I’d probably stop using half of the softwares I currently use pricisely because of the limitations I mentioned…

…plus the Bitwig receiver thing people mentioned, but just because I use Bitwig obviously. :sweat_smile:

1 Like