What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

I’d like to see the ability to enable/disable patterns in pattern matrix so they could be skipped but not deleted (something like hide/reveal pattern)
Sorry if this has been mentioned before

3 Likes

more flexible routing options, especially from the sample fx page interacting with the main fx

1 Like

You can silence a pattern in the matrix by left clicking it and pressing enter.

I think they’re talking about skipping the pattern, not muting it. I’ve also suggested collapsible patterns or sections that could be skipped during rendering. Would be useful for creating short version of a song, for example, or experimenting with song structure.

2 Likes

Can we get the Renoise/Redux FX as individual plugins? And scaling the Redux GUI even moreso, I’d like to make it even smaller.
That would be awesome

1 Like

More conditional pattern-fx to flesh out the the Yx command would be nice.

After using the Digitakt for a couple of years and coming back to full in-the-box music making with renoise, I kind of miss the “only play if neighbor track is playing” type of commands, especially because it can get very complex with using a number of different commands per pattern.

Thing is with the maybe command, you’re somewhat stuck at “pure randomness” in a sense? I would love the idea of even just a “don’t play this Line if this other line triggered” type of thing, which can lead to whole chains of randomness

(something tells me someone may have suggested these things before. I kind of take it that this thread is given to be a bit diarrhetic in nature, so apologies for not lurking more…almost seems like there should be a dedicated and bureaucratic “generative techniques” r&d division…though, hell I suppose that’s what the forums are for…but wait!

I’m feeling a bit brain-dead from work today, so I don’t really have any suggestions on implementation rn. Cool to see that @danoise knows about the desire for this type of feature :wink:

6 Likes

Expanding command fx to match those found on Elektron boxes would be sick, so would selecting a range and having generative fill options like on the Polyend Tracker - like Euclidean fill - would also be dope.

2 Likes

right? why have this not been done yet?

It may be possible to do this using the " Formula Device " @Sajmund

Capture

Here a custom sine wave is modulating the cutoff (seemingly) independent of LPC or TPL.

Hth

I would love to be able to tell Renoise what key the project I am working on is, so that it stops showing all black keys as sharps and shows them correctly as flats where needed. I’m still a proper noob with classical music theory and as I am learning it’s jarring seeing everything as a sharp when writing in a minor key.

3 Likes

project tabs, ability to switch between multiple projects and copy/paste note/sample data etc… (something like bitwig)

5 Likes

While not one of my largest requests, this would be a wonderful function to have - copy/pasting data from one project to another.

3 Likes

Or simply use the middle mouse button.

This already is possible. When you open another project in a 2nd Renoise instance you can copy things from one instance to the other instance.

1 Like

Yep, already aware of that (and have been for years). That is not as convenient as say, Google Chrome, where one can have tabs.

1 Like

Copy one sample in to another sample. (something like in old version of SoundForge)

Not to be confused with another method, like put two samples in different tracks.

Like mix-paste? This is already possible, right click in sample editor wave view;

You’ll get a window where you can either mix-paste or modulate it;

6 Likes

Good. But year ago when I was try several times use it, the Renoise “fly out”. 64 and 32 bit version too. So I gave up and use Sound Forge for that. But it’s not comfortable.

I would love the ability to load in a suit of random samples… like, 10 to 20 random sounds.

1 Like

Please, some way to have real-time PM/FM modulation on single-cycle waveforms. Please please please? Another way to have some timbral modulation besides filters/distortion/ring-mod. We’d have near endless sounds to create and modulate.

Please @taktik

3 Likes