What feature are you hoping for in upcoming Renoise releases?

Mid/side/Stereo output (+ keep Mid/Side/Stereo/None) for *send

2 Likes

Multisend with filters for sidechain.

2 Likes

Oh yes, that would give a lot of interesting possibilites. And a prelook / delay for both sidechain devices.

1 Like

Adjustement of pattern “values” via pressing right mouse button (or middle button) + move mouse up or down

So simple

1 Like

maybe I have changed over the years, but at the moment everything suits me with what is in the renoise))) and any new function is a nice bonus. for me it is important that renoise would just work.

3 Likes

same here, just polish a bit here and there is fine

…But you just wrote a feature request?

If you talk about my ideas/feature requests then they should be considered polish :wink:

Well, this thread is about features, right, not polish…

1 Like

it is more like thinking out loud.

1 Like

Not sure if that was so well thought, but ok. Still don’t understand your intention is exactly here, why you post into a feature request thread “I don’t need any features”, even after you feature requested just before. Did you mean that you do not need prelook in sidechain, or you do not need any new feature? Why not staying then at v3.22 forever?

Or did you want to say “Renoise is perfect, and it’s perfect for me, because I am perfect, too” - “People who need features are not perfect” or similar? :kissing_heart:

I think at this point I would be happy if renoise would get bugfixes and kept up-to date. Had another issue yesterday where “render” didn’t render until the end with 1 track playing vital… another issue with Vital and scaling in windows 10 in high dpi mode, some crashes, etc.

1 Like

Renoise is the best SoundTracker at the moment, but could lose this first place if we consider it as finished. And if Renoise is the best SoundTracker, it is not the best DAW. The world is changing. The music is changing. There are new technics that appear. There are new consumption habits. Feel free to keep Renoise 3.3 if you think it is perfect as is. It’s not what I think. The all-in-one window was amazing in 2010. Now some need that all panels can be detached. Some need new features. Some want a more modern look&feel. There are dozens of reasons to whish new versions. If Renoise 3.3 is sufficient to make good music, then OpenMPT can be sufficient too. It depends on what you want in your DAW.

3 Likes

• round robin and random sample triggering within mute groups so we can cycle through waveforms with each new note event

or, am I missing something and there is a way to do this already?

• the ability to modulate modulation device parameters in instruments without having to use macros and LFOs in track effects

Layer all your samples in the keyzone of the sampler then choose either “cycle” for round robin playback or “random” for random playback. Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 23.25.24

3 Likes

I’m not certain about your second request but the macro device can be housed with a doofer and then moved into the effects section of a sampler and you can do your modulation setups in there instead of out in the main pattern window, if you want to save space and that’s your goal. From within the doofer you can then mimic the automation editors screen by using a custom lfo set to one shot mode and then use a key tracker that will reset the lfo to playback from the start each time a new note is played
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 23.31.18

3 Likes

Sorry I forgot to add that you need to insert a hydra after the key tracker to define where the reset position within the custom lfo should be for each new noteScreen Shot 2021-04-12 at 23.39.43 Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 23.39.53

So the chain should look like this. Key Tracker (range of C0 - B9 for all notes) > Hydra (to constrain the reset position of the custom LFO to 0 for each new note) > custom LFO (used for modulation / automation control)

3 Likes

Excellent, thank you. this is all very helpful. It seemed a big oversight if there was no round robin/random already… guess I didn’t RTFM.

Macros in FX chains is an interesting concept, definitely saves space, but I’m looking for workflow efficiency in sound design… it would be great to be able to assign mod params to other mod devices, all within mod sets. Would make it trivially easy to, say, have sweeping LFO rate or cutoff frequency. I do it with macros all the time, just seems like it could be a big efficiency improvement to have that capability integrated into modulation sets from the get go.

I’m not sure that I understand the necessity of the hydra in the example above… can’t you just set the key tracker dest min and max values to 0? Or does that not accomplish the same thing? Thanks again for the help! :+1:

1 Like

Actually yeah you’re right you can just set the key tracker dest min and max values to 0 if you want. I just use the hydra as a multiplier so I can reset several LFO’s at using just the one key tracker.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense! I’ll have to try that method. It’s new to me, and seems promising for keeping modulation instrument bound. Just set up a macro doofer and am using it presently… good stuff.