What hardware are you using with Renoise, if any?

Yes, i will tape the insides of my guitar with copper tape and connect it to ground. That should at least stop all the magnetic fields from interfering with the guitar electronics.

Around the mics I suppose

Well, the pickups will be exposed, but i will cover tape on the back of the pick guard and inside every crevice under it

Maybe an internal rewiring with good Shielded cable could help also?

What would help is a full rewiring of my whole apartment with enough wall sockets for all my equipment and everything properly grounded. Then i can start worrying about the cable.

power supply filtering?

Alternatively i can turn everything off and use battery powered devices.

Maybe you have an electric device which introduce noise?

I have several. They aren’t grounded like they’re supposed to, like computer, monitors and so on.

“Location,location,location…”

I found a new solution using my surface pro instead, then i can record anywhere. With the GT-001, surface pro and a guitar i am pretty portable.

:+1:‍‍

1 Like

I have an idea…
You plant a cable in the ground,outside of your appartment…

You will have a ground😂

It didn’t really solve all my noise problems

If you have single coil pickups the best way to avoid brum is to avoid fluorescent lights. If that doesn’t help the problem is likely not that you don’t have enough ground but that you have too much - if you have multiple grounds (efect adapters and the signal ground) there is likely voltage between them so you have small current running between grounds which cases hum in signal. Poor man’s solution to this is to cut ground from 9V DC cables and let them be grounded only via signal but it can be dangerous a bit for your effects. Correct solution is to use galvanic separation of grounds either by DI in signal chain (passives are better) or using a fancy power adapter. To test this try to run the guitar directly to sound card without any effects and see it the noise is gone.

My wall sockets aren’t grounded and i have only 1/6 of all the sockets i need. If i connected my pc, monitors and audio monitors to grounded sockets then i bet that would solve a lot of the noise problems, but i don’t have grounded sockets. My monitors make noise too, so it’s not just the guitar who picks up noise.
The noise is being picked up from the electronic devices and wiring, if i move away from those things the noise goes away. I never questioned why the noise is there and i know there’s nothing wrong with either the cables or the sound card and effect box, so there’s no point for me to do any tests to verify this.

I see. Yes well reducing noise in non optimal power situation is always tricky.

GT-001 does a great job hiding the noise though, using gates and filters and what not, some presets you don’t notice the noise at all…but would probably sound even better with no noise at all.

Just got Audiothingies Doctor A effects unit, so far just been using it with the TD-3 triggered
from Renoise but im wondering if it is possible to somehow send some track audio to it and
have it return; need to look into that bit.

You can do that if you have a Multi IN/OUT soundcard

You can also do that if your soundcard have multi out (for surround)