What is the most wanted feature you would like ?

Delete unused samples.

LV2 plugin support :smiley:

lol, people screaming for a native modular synth …c’mon guys …It would take years to build some half decent …considering the developers don’t even give a rat’s ass about the current weak sounding filters.

Want a Modular synth ----->REAKTOR .

Don’t expect anything on thes ame level from the renoise team .

They are good at what they currently do …expanding modulation sets, redesigning the gui etc…but dsp wise …look elsewhere …

lol, people screaming for a native modular synth …c’mon guys …It would take years to build some half decent …considering the developers don’t even give a rat’s ass about the current weak sounding filters.
Want a Modular synth ----->REAKTOR .
Don’t expect anything on thes ame level from the renoise team .
They are good at what they currently do …expanding modulation sets, redesigning the gui etc…but dsp wise …look elsewhere …

​I think you’re being a little unfair to the developers. They care - and their filters are pretty flexible. I’ve found that often their filters start out a bit weak, then with a bit of tweaking take on a whole new personality.

It’s not what you have, it’s what you do with it.

I do think that even if an integrated modular synth isn’t an option, at least modular routing should be relatively easily implemented, alongside variable length and placement tracks.

Voted for modular synth because native FM(as well as other things) that also uses pattern effect commands like glide and vibrato etc would be great, but I’m most keen on little workflow improvements more than any big features. If I want a great synth I can always load VSTis and those work well enough even if they don’t share commands with samples. Some things I would really like to see…

1. Measure highlight in pattern editor

2. Select/copy/paste volume column only without needing the advanced edit mask

3. A switch to make recorded notes play when editing with play position follow off

4. Custom initialize state for plugins

5. Easier way to assign a mod set to all samples in the instrument, maybe right or middle clicking the button where left clicking only does one sample at a time

6. Song > expand, expands all patterns and adjusts LPB accordingly. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s already a tool for this actually, should look into that…

1. Easier way to assign a mod set to all samples in the instrument, maybe right or middle clicking the button where left clicking only does one sample at a time

You can use modifier keys like shift and or ctrl while mouse clicking samples to set more than one mod-set at the same time.

1. Song > expand, expands all patterns and adjusts LPB accordingly. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s already a tool for this actually, should look into that…

https://forum.renoise.com/t/snippet-convert-song-from-lpb4-to-lpb12/30227

Nice tool, thanks!

Delete unused samples.

Delete unused xrns! :blink:

Frequency modulation between samples.

Moar pattern commands!

for example;

SXX is great on high Lbp’s for that oldschool tracking timestretch effect, but how about a finer grained resolution stretch that can be controlled through a pattern effect, summoned at will? :drummer:

Control bpm tempo in phrase.

Control Lbp in phrase.

Set phrase loop start position (can take probability factor YXX effect).

Set phrase end position_(can take probability factor YXX effect)._

Set amount of phrase loops (N amount).

Set type of phrase loop (forward, backwards & ping pong.

Have additional tempo commands in the phrase editor that work similar to the pitching effects (DXX, UXX & VXX) where programming of similar subsequent commands either make the tempo rize, fall or modulate in between at a set factor.

Set sample loop start position.

Set sample loop end position.

Set type of sample loop (forward, backward & ping pong).

& set amount of loops before continuing through sample.

control individual groove parameters.

Please untap more granular sound design possibilities team Renoise! :yeah:

I’m really really hoping for a detachable mixer-window in the next version. It would be so cool to be able to control the mixer from a separate touch-screen next to my midi-keyboard…

I would also like to have Note-off’s automap’able to MIDI-hardware instead of only using the regular computer-keyboard.

And (drumroll) my biggest wish: Notes that are represented by graphical blocks that can be stretched or shortened with the mouse. I don’t see any real need for a regual pianoroll but it would IMO be a tremendous benefit for the whole workflow-process if one could just record a note and then just “bungy-cord” it instead of fiddling with inserting and moving note-off’s.

I’m really really hoping for a detachable mixer-window in the next version. It would be so cool to be able to control the mixer from a separate touch-screen next to my midi-keyboard…

Lol there’s a whole thread catered for that wish. (That I would really want so my third monitor actually does something useful.)

For Redux:

Numerical db output volume value (peak and rms)

For Both:

Keyjazz on sample

PIANO ROLL!

Modulate sample start and sample loop is incredibly desireable.

For Renoise future: concentrate on composition, matrix editor, idea pools, mixer, metering. It is what differs it from Redux. :slight_smile:

Modulate sample start and sample loop is incredibly desireable.

I agree!!

Are you using Afta8’s Loop Control tool? It works pretty well for loop point modulation, although it doesn’t help with start position.

Honestly, I find it kind of baffling that there isn’t a sample start position modulation option beyond the 0S pattern effect…

I would be curious to hear a bit from the devs./renoise team core about their vision of renoise in the forthcoming versions, any roadmap or what features THEY think should be added, if by any chance they read this…

:w00t:

My dream: vertically-scrolling audio tracks (waveforms), same width as existing columns… I want easier audio editing, but don’t want to lose the ‘vertical mindset’ that’s made Renoise fun for me.

More realistic, maybe: updates to the DSPs. I’m pleased to see there’ll be more and better filters coming from Redux, and I’d like that to extend to other effects. I demo-ed Bitwig, and was tempted to get it just because the effects were so good – note, there were not hundreds of them, but they were all very high quality and had configurable routing (ie fx-within-fx, so effect 2 only effects the wet output of effect 1, that kind of thing).

A native synth would be good too, something versatile, light on the CPU and very very stable. Synth1 kinda does that, as well as all the fun to be had with native sample synthesis of course, but anything new would be welcome…

OH NEARLY FORGOT some kind of setlist/preloading/cueing arrangement for live sets would be great! I suspect live stuff is not a priority for most users but it doesn’t seem like it should be that difficult…?

Also very curious to hear what the devs have in mind for the future.

Internal midi routing would make a lot of things much easier.

And that appears to be the highest vote right now. Glad to see I’m not alone in wanting that added. :smiley: