What Would Be The Point Of Renoise Piano Roll?

If this would be rotated 90 degrees and placed NEXT to a tracker-track this would be cool.

Pianoroll looks like tetris to me

Maybe it could be made to resemble Nibbles to please the oldskool people, and everybody would be happy.

peh… that’s over 9000 times too late, dude.

Snake Rattle 'n Roll…? :(

now you’re just t-rolling :rolleyes:

That’s how I roll, man!

Here Renoise, HAVE A PIANO ROLL!

We also have Prole in English, short from proletarian, meaning the low/working class in a derogative manner. Guess both stem from the same Latin root.

I know, I should get back to work

Yeah… there’s also “Proletarier” in German, which has no negative connotations (at least not for me). But the short form certainly has…

Excuse me for asking, but how would piano roll help you in that situation? It seems to me piano roll as planned to be implemented in renoise would have just as much data visible. I’m no piano roll user nor have been, so I don’t know about the delights it may offer.

Also track goups and alternate pattern views could clarify that sight dramatically, and they have been on board for a long time now. I wonder why the piano roll got priority over tracker usability.

I haven’t been into pianoroll before but now that i bought a keyboard, i think it would be nice addition.
Not that i was ever against it. I think it could offer better quantize and maybe groove patterns and so on.

I think beyond it having usefulness to current users it would also bring a bunch of new users
I mean lets be totally honest here the tracker interface isn’t for everybody but Renoise is so so powerful in other areas that it may well bring an influx of new users who would prefer a piano roll

Bungle

name those areas, then?

for me the most powerful thing about renoise - by far - is that it is a tracker!

what else is there, really?

???
You only use Renoise because it is a tracker ?
You dont find anything else in it useful ?

Why not use a free tracker instead then ?
Seems like you wasted your money to me

Bungle

everything else I find useful in Renoise – most every other DAW has, too. and more. so yeah, I’m using it because it is a tracker, with great sound quality and a fantastic user interface and stability. that’s worth 50€ for me, it would have been worth loads more. I don’t think that odd at all. However you said Renoise has all these other wonderful features, yet you can’t name one… now that is odd. Seems like you wasted a post there to me, wanna try again?

For me the most powerful thing about renoise is that it is a solid, kickass tracker integrated with many of the features of a daw. Can’t wait for the piano roll, combining that with a tracker to edit the same files is going to lead to some seriously fun tracking mayhem. Actually pretty much everything on the to do list I’m looking forward to playing and experimenting with. Although my most looked forward to features are now integrated: rewire and audio in… being able to jam into renoise with instruments while tracking or use my outboard gear/EQs and record everything right back in, is redefining the way I track… and running renoise out of pro tools. yum :dribble:

Careful renoise devs, if you keep this up i’ll become addicted for life ;)

So because it has features that are in other DAWs that means they cant be powerful in Renoise right ?
That is your stance right ?
Oh and don’t put words in my mouth either, i never said Renoise has all these other wonderful features, i said Renoise is powerful in other areas which means something entirely different, Granted English may not be your first language so i will let that pass

On the other side though you say Renoise has “Great sound quality” “A fantastic user interface an stability” hmmm powerful in other areas wouldn’t you say ? (Yes thats right you contradicted yourself while trying to be condescending)
I am going to hazard that your answer will be no for some stupid reason because you seem to just want to be confrontational on this forum
I’m fairly sure everybody has observed that so i wont say anymore
Please now troll away at will

Bungle

So much sand, so little vagina…

^^

You asked why I don’t use other free trackers, just because I asked you to name those other areas Renoise is great in, which people who don’t get the tracking interface might like to use, instead of just claiming they exist, implying everybody knows what they are. You STILL didn’t do that. You wasted two posts now.

Renoise sounds better, is fast, as a great UI – compared to other trackers. Those are not super special features for me, they are simply what make the Renoise tracking experience the best of all the tracking experiences I tried.

Just how big of a fucking tool are you?? :blink:

Piano-lolz should be illegalized, they turn people aggressive.