Whats next for Renoise?

one of the most simple aplications of wavetable synthesis its features in 2 of my favorite reaktor ensembles

Carbon 2

Photone

basically the wavetable oscillator contains 50 or more tables that you can modulate using an lfo or an envelope …i guess the same functionality can be achieved in the current sampler if you just add a knob or fader that reads through the current imported single cycle waveforms …and a morphing script …kinda like the one that Massive use for the most simple sounds which i believe its just fading in or out between diff cycles

would also like to have a simple fm synthesizer in renoise like the old trackers
I’m usually too lazy for vst or samplesearch

thanks for the synthesis tips here
also helpful:

http://yusynth.net/archives/Roland/RTS_Practical1.pdf

https://ia800506.us.archive.org/21/items/synth_Practical_Synthesis_for_Electronic_Music_volume_2/Practical_Synthesis_for_Electronic_Music_volume_2.pdf

+1 fora synth in future Renoise

Observe that anative synth could be integrated with the tracker itself and itsunique pattern effects.

That would meanyou could do glides, portamentos, vibratos and lots of other cool stuff that’s not possible to do that easily with VST synths.

Really cool news!

On topic: my vote for improved СPU multicore support / advanced audio auto-buffering, is a must 1st of all.

Currently i’m able to run twice more Nebula or Acqua instances in Reaper than in Renoise (it just reaches internal 99.99% and sound squashes, while system resource meter shows only around 45% CPU power used)

Reaper’s “Anticipative FX Processing” - is the thing makes it super powerful for heavy DSP processing.

would also like to have a simple fm synthesizer in renoise like the old trackers

Can you elaborate on this? Renoise is my first tracker so I had no idea previous trackers included an FM synth! I thought they were all sample-based…Very interesting…

Could be referring to them fine, old Adlib - Trackers:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/reality-adlib-tracker/49142

&

Can you elaborate on this? Renoise is my first tracker so I had no idea previous trackers included an FM synth! I thought they were all sample-based…Very interesting…

so whats all the hype about. New version in ther works?

Well, there’s been a possible confirmation of intention, that’s about it.

Taktik is just uploading his #consciousness to da cloud…so we can all become one (inside renoise) in the near future. :slight_smile:

Oh and he’s about to release the ‘other’ project he’s been working on.

earlier, ram or rom (for samples) was very expensive, that’s why adlip’s pc soundcard (and successor of other manufacturers) had an fm synthesizer with yamaha opl-2 (later opl-3) on board

opl-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YMF262

a tracker history

http://helllabs.org/tracker-history/trackers.svg

BTW: not about Renoise, but on Redux - still hoping and waiting for MIDI out enabling (or MIDI-mode addition)

It would give perfect ability to use Renoise’s workflow in any other DAW much widely than just as sampler.

Was discussed before few times but, just for bump!

Sidechain?

It’d be cool to chain FX across multiple tracks. I also wouldn’t mind it if Renoise handled the same VST instrument across multiple tracks a bit better (whenever I try this the VST instruments clash and cause each other to cut out occasionally, so I just ‘duplicate’ the same VST to use it more than once at a time). A better Analog recording interface (ala. Reaper or something of the sort) would be nice, but I don’t mind popping in to Reaper for a more typical left/right analogue/multitrack recording setup.

A more intuitive way to do things like changing the tempo mid-pattern would be cool. I always have to Google what those pattern triggers are, and finding the right tempo hex is always a bit of a PITA. Doing things like “slow this pattern down as it goes along” or “speed the tempo up over the next couple patterns” is pretty laborious right now.

…would be a nice #idea

Sidechain?

i was thinking than a cool addition and also a problem solver for the audio representation in the pattern view

can be …to add another tab next to the scope and spectrum views …

a horizontal waveform representation of the current lines and LPB configuration with a line following the current position of the sample as the song plays …

it would be …super ultra awesome to have

and you dont …fucked up the …beautiful pattterns …and the best thing its that …as its another tab …you can hide it if you dont want the feature jj :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :dribble: :dribble:

so its not audio clips its the same sample you load in the sampler …its merely a representation …which can be improved over time …maybe by …showing how effect commands …directly affect the sample :slight_smile:

a horizontal waveform representation of the current lines and LPB configuration with a line following the current position of the sample as the song plays …

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-transporter/46803 :slight_smile:

I’d be happy just to see things polished up a bit when it comes to screen real estate, navigation, and workflow.

Renoise is quite good as a DAW and a tracker. I could even load and play my old Fasttracker modules made in like 1998 or even older. I am working with Cubase for many years. The thing i did not like is the slow progress since i left Fasttracker (and that is a long time ago). OK Cubase is filled and filled with instruments and tracks. Somehow Renoise its workflow for songmaking and track making is way more faster and even sounds good. So tumbs up.

The only downside is ? Well it seems Renoise is fading away ? No more updates ? No more talks…?

And when you send an email to support… no responce at all…

So i bought this month Renoise and Redux…

But i dont know it there is any followup on updates or support.

To me a good product, is slowly and steady fading away…

I’m going to buy them out and make it open source