Whats next for Renoise?

https://youtu.be/iC8UUNt0fiU

Original, never had that before.

Personally I would like to see:

Track presets/templates

Sub Projects

Both ideas from Reaper, but exceptionally useful.

Pianorofl.

Sounds cool and not that difficult to program, seen from a non coder perspective, way cooler than a pianoroll. :slight_smile:

I only skimmed through the article and i certanly did not understand it fully. I did however download the recommended IR package and it only contained 25 azimuth samples per channel, but where are the elevation samples? Shouldn’t there be 1250 samples in all per channel and shouldn’t those only cover 1 permanently set distance? If i understand correctly we would need a vast amount of samples to cover a greater distance? And how about sound reflection and such? The way i see it, if you were to make one conventional stereo IR as the way we normally use it, and turn it into an equivalent binauralHRIRbank, then we would need 2500 versions of it just to cover this single IR. So wouldn’t it be easier and less resource hungry to make a simulation of the effect instead?

Have i misunderstood the way it works perhaps?

It’s true we need 3 params : azimuth elevation and distance.

The previous method would require lots (too many) IR files and would increase dramatically the size of the renoise package.

And also, binaural resynthesis of acoustical environement in realtime is a very complex and CPU demanding thing.

However I keep on believing in that kind of feature http://www.pcjv.de/vst-plugins/stereo-plugins/

or

https://facebook360.fb.com/spatial-workstation/

(See the FB360 Spatializer, only available for OSX but Windows’ version is coming soon)

… that would be included in renoise as a DSP, fully automatable

… that would be included in renoise as a DSP, fully automatable

Sounds good. :slight_smile:

halamus Today, 12:55

Personally I would like to see:

Track presets/templates

Sub Projects

Both ideas from Reaper, but exceptionally useful

Hi, do u know that u can open 2 renoise instances simultaneously?

I like this more than virtual projects, since

• you can play both renoises at the same time, no loading involved while switching
  • copy paste works flawlessly
  • u can place each renoise on different desktops

My personal high priority :

Sidechaining, yes sample accurate (thru send device, targeting any right/bottom fx listening to input 3/4), parallel container device(to make dry/wet processing possible + real parallel processing!)…

Absolutely 100%!

Also the “Layers / Instrument-Container” would be really cool and handy.

for parallel just need a Redux with some VST wrapper

renoise_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

and its line-in devices…BC PatchWork can display(makes accessible to the host DAW) the macros of Redux with two clicks IMO it is the most comfortable (and with BC PatchWork also can add VSTs to the effect chain(s)) drag and dropping working between them (on device level too)

Probably dead.

Trying to monitor or even discuss the progress of this otherwise awesome software is often just a waste of time and breath.

It’s like watching a great jet driving around in circles, wheels on the ground and stayingsafe at the airport. And you constantly ask yourself “is this jetevergoing to lift off and fly around in the air at some point?”

Just as a thought experiment:imagine that thedevelopers actually took the Renoise code and then made a new DAW out of it,more focused onconventional featuresrather than tracker ones.All this using a different product name, company name and no associations whatsoever with Renoise.It wouldprobably sell 100x times more than Renoise ( because of its non-tracker interface,just get the simplefact that it takes lots of time to build tracker skills and almost nobodyis willing to do that anymore).

But who knows? Maybe in a few years from now they will actually decide to lift off and go for the conventional features that would seriouslyattract many, many more users and enable those users to experiment with trackerisms and gradually transfer to the Tracker Gate. So let’s keep watching and see what happens.

Ah…Mr.Bungle …fuckin great band .

Love 'california ’ l.p…mike patton’s a legend

Just my two cents. <Looks around nervously to see if he’s on topic> Frankly, I’m pretty satisfied with Renoise 3.1. That being said, I’m a old skool sample mangler and I use vsts to produce samples, but that’s about it. I’m sure there are some bugs that could use squashing and I’d love to see some feedback from the devs showing progress in that direction. But, if they didn’t change anything, Renoise is an excellent tracker and I’ll use it for a long, long time.

I respect the opinions of all, just saying my peace … :slight_smile:

Cheers.

I’m overall happy with 3.1, though ever since I switched to a 1440p display, the extremely tiny font outside of the pattern editor is challenging for me. Using Windows 10’s high dpi scaling makes everything look blurry, so that’s not a good solution, either. I’d be extremely grateful for a “vectorial” GUI with native scaling to improve accessibility/usability of the interface on higher resolutions. If I (with admittedly not perfect eye sight) have these issues on 1440p, I can’t imagine using Renoise on a 4k display.

actually what I dream of in terms of GUI would be renoise behaving exactly like blender. Freely dividable and joinable frames which can show any content from pattern matrix to instrument envelopes. Layout presets saved by song/default, detachable if you really want to, shortcuts sensitive to cursor position rather than marking one area active. PLEEEEASE (Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of cute animals at hand. Just imagine a puppy licking a cat that’s fucking a hamster strapped to a hedgehog or something like that.)

And, and, and? Will we get proper side chaining? :w00t:

I’m overall happy with 3.1, though ever since I switched to a 1440p display, the extremely tiny font outside of the pattern editor is challenging for me. Using Windows 10’s high dpi scaling makes everything look blurry, so that’s not a good solution, either. I’d be extremely grateful for a “vectorial” GUI with native scaling to improve accessibility/usability of the interface on higher resolutions. If I (with admittedly not perfect eye sight) have these issues on 1440p, I can’t imagine using Renoise on a 4k display.

Hi Muvo.Several users have already complained about the same, I included!What happens is that the GUI is something like a closed thing.For possible it seems to be necessarydesign from scratch all GUI of Renoise.Unfortunately, the team Renoise, seems to focus on small details, and not something as weighty as this.

I think that will take time to change the GUI.A couple of years at least, taking good decisions where they want to go.The problem of small fonts and icons is very serious in high resolution screens and big monitors, where Renoise would be quite a portent, to have more workspace.

This change will be one of the largest in Renoise.Just a damning thing: Renoise leads with the same Graphical User Interface since he was born.

To name a few examples:

• The software “Virtual DJ” needed to be rewritten from scratch in the change of version 7 to 8.One of the main reasons was the GUI itself. The GUI v7 was based with fixed skins in BMP format, a garbage! They took the necessary time and did not hesitate inform its customers.Customers despair, but it was worth the wait.They took of passage to change all the audio engine and improve it, besides improving the anti-piracy system.

• The software “FL Studio” needed a big performance to change the entire GUI to complete in the change of version 11 to 12.Visually, version 11 and 12 look very similar, but 100% GUI was changed.

There are plenty of examples,not particularly expensive software that has needed time and resources to change the GUI. It is a very important and costly step should be well thought out, because it will mark the future evolution of Renoise.

A GUI that preserves the essence of the order of Renoisebut flexible enough to be ordered to suit the user would be bigger, no doubt.I do not see that this is impossible.Even some not too expensive VST have adjustable GUI in various sizes. Why Renoise will not be able?Time, animus, desire and resources…

Renoise 4D

Arrange your patterns and effects in 4D space, now also includes smell, touch and weather simulation, all fully trackable and arrangable in the new 4D Matrix Editor.

Original, never had that before.

wtf if someone gave me rice white bread green beans and bean soup for lunch i’d be mister bungle too. and a giant piece of cake would give me just enough energy to keep it up until the bell rang!

I’d personally like to see:

-More intuitive automation (I get pretty annoyed when I’m trying to scroll in on a point at the edge of my pattern and accidentally skip to the next one etc.)

-DSP in tools.

-Built-in synthesis capability.

-Ability to route doofers to other tracks and other DSPs outside of the doofers.

-Maybe reaching a bit here but: libpd integration.

-More esoteric DSPs. (Can you imagine how much fun it would be to have a phase vocoder timestretch/pitchshift device? or a spectral delay? Or a granulator??)

-Emoji in the pattern editor.

I only support emoji in the pattern editor if it includes a proper gun. none of that squirt gun shit