Whats next for Renoise?

Can the developers of Renoise /mods or admins of this forum can answer this question:

Is Renoise still under development?

I think all music software has sort have, “reached the pinnacle of development.” The question is not, “is Renoise still under development,” but more so, “is Renoise going to be supported for the future.”

The stuff below this line is not directed at you. More just general thoughts on the thread.

It is obvious Renoise is still supported by the dev’s and the community. Isn’t that amazing enough? VST and Rewire allow Renoise to forever remain the most versatile, formidable tracker around.

Any professional music producer nowadays should be able to afford more than one daw. And anybody who is a professional who uses Renoise should also realize, “its a tracker.”

As for the hobbyist music producer goes: the hobbyist is usually far more flexible than the professional. The hobbyist should use the software he enjoys and if there is a feature he is missing, there is almost always a workaround.

Piano roll/audio tracks in Renoise - I’ve never been a fan of those two ideas and less the piano roll than audio tracks, the latter I can understand and support if they arrived. True, that I also have licenses for Cubase and Reaper, still, I never saw the need for Piano roll, audio tracks, in Renoise as it is a tracker etc.

_​_Sidechaining is too easy: Renoise, rewire, Cubase.

Renoise is not currently under development, the other project still is not finished. Then they planned to continue with renoise. I think they themselves don’t even know when that will be the case. I just got my first grey hairs.

the other project still is not finished.

you have a clue 'bout what “that project” is?

There are hints for neural networking, video, audio. I have no clue. I bet it’s a super nice sample editor. Or a game. Maybe a Oculus game? But how would renoise profit from that, as stated?

I believe that they’re working on revamping everything, including the license model. A new product rather than a new version: ReRenoise 0.1

On a serious note… imo the only information that is very vaguely suggested by Mr Muellers github activity is that Renoise “might benefit on the long haul” by experience with software supporting timestretching.

On a serious note… imo the only information that is very vaguely suggested by Mr Muellers github activity is that Renoise “might benefit on the long haul” by experience with software supporting timestretching.

https://aubio.org/ ?

Cool a fancy new rumor. Renoise gaining sampler with decoupled speed/pitch resynthesis functionality and automatic sample sorting and morphing in between states. Let’s get into it! Sample snorting, how nice!

https://aubio.org/ ?

Oh yeah, my bad. It was some kind of FFT in general I remembered. Something Renoise could “benefit from” one way or another, I guess.

It is a framework for analysing audio with advanced methods. It is thought to detect pitches, rhythms, colorations and such. It is not like spectrum analyser/FFT, but it uses such techniques to extract information about more comprehensible features of sounds.

I think I’ve seen its use in a neural network play tool that sorted sounds by their sonic qualities some while ago. Like it would detect hihat sounds to be similar to other hihats, and had them sortable by their qualities, i.e. sharpness, length etc.

a neural network play tool that sorted sounds by their sonic qualities

Well, you nailed it - unless you’re talking about the perceptual sound browser by freesound, which does a similar thing but is powered by their own technology.

What’s the name?

Well, you nailed it - unless you’re talking about the perceptual sound browser by freesound, which does a similar thing but is powered by their own technology.

What’s the name?

Rechoise

Did-someone-say-funny.jpg

I see enough cats in the euro community :wink: What about snakes man… so much hate… tisk <3

personally though I know and trust in this community and this DAW, I’m always intrigued for the hush hush wait. ALWAYS worth the hype lol

@niNja_pWn3d Tbh I don’t know when the cat pics started. I just noticed it was a thing and couldn’t help myself. I have no hate for snakes, I think they are very cool.

In fact, I have no hate for all animals/species. Quite the opposite.

I trap and release spiders often, I watch the ground as I walk so I don’t tread on any insects, I even trap and release roaches. Anyways. It has been some time since I was here and I must admit I missed the felinez and not to leave out the snakes…

CAT SNAKE!

89694820f115cb6cf765839448d5fc0d.jpg

No software updates - Time to post pictures of cats.

It’s like drinking to forget…

Catpix Anyone?..here yah Go!

13516159_1064012330360472_30712023759648

why they cant implement the elastique algorithm for real time stretch??

I believe they would have to pay a good portion of loot for licensing that #algorithm into renoise,

which would also make the price rise for a good amount.

Even this would indeed be a fine add, it might not exactly fit into the legacy and agenda of the dev - team & its chief rocker Taktik…

who is currently #mia while working on another very interesting software, which also would be a huge update in renoise.

You can find a bit of info on it in this #thread; interesting stuff.

Oh you mustn’t have got the memo. Apparently Renoise is complete, finished and perfect and with this knowledge, we are all wasting our time here and should instead be making music with the most complete, finished & perfect tracker that exists today and ever will. :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Ok, moore #catpix