(When) Will Renoise Be 64Bit?

taktik, thanks for replying, nice to get an answer :)

Yes, RAM is the main bottleneck for me, speed is not really an issue. I suppose what might help, since it’s a pain to load guitar tracks in an external VST sampler that can stream, is to have a streaming option for long samples. Cutting up samples and then triggering them at appropriate places is also not really practical if one is doing multiple takes.

I’ll post this idea in length in the appropriate section though :)

Although the main bottleneck are the large VSTs I use.

Thanks, at least I know it’s a work in progress and something to look forward to, along with all the great improvements that come out with each release!

I agree with you with the large sample vs RAM thing, but for this, you know we have the autoseek function now right?

damn it.

64bit came to early…

theres still much to do.

Yes, it’s one of the most useful features for my workflow :)

You can try to use jBridge for 64bits VSTs, and let us know your results.
The full version costs around $20, so it’s not crazy expensive IMHO. And there is a trial version so you can make sure first that it works with your setup.

I myself haven’t tried jBridge yet, but it was suggested by some members of this forum before, so I assume it works well with Renoise.

im still on win xp,didnt know that theres no rewire under 64bit?? :unsure:

What about 33 bit?!

You can’t skip numbers like that, WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!

I tested it briefly, but it was a bit of a pain, not hard to use or anything, probably wasn’t in the mood for yet more complications ;)

When I have some free time I’ll give it another bash.

I’m not hitting any RAM bottlenecks just yet though, the biggest track of mine uses roughly 2.8GB for Renoise.exe alone, so it is approaching ;)

Giving this a little bump because I’ve just run out of memory in Renoise, Kontakt and other big patches! I want to use all my 8GB of ram!

since the rewire protocol has gone 64-bit now, i think it’s reasonable to expect that renoise will turn 64-bit for win x64 at some point

Really? cool!

Yeah, but there’s the VST issues to work out.

I bought JBridge last night, it seems to play very nicely with Kontakt and doesn’t seem to add any or much latency.

Hopefully it’ll work well until Renoise 64bit, of 33 bits :D

Like Duke Nukem: When it’s done… :drummer:

I also registered jBridge.
It doesn’t work flawless with all plugins though.
But frankly, using 32-bit Renoise and jBridging the 64-bit Play plugins is a quite magical combination, i don’t think i’m going to need the 64bit version of Renoise.
(I do hope i’m capable of updating to Play 3.0.15, right now EastWest support was capable of helping me messing up my Play installation but unfortunately not fixing it.)

I haven’t ried the 64bit bridge, just multiple instances of 32bit Kontakt via jbridge. Kontakt being the main beast, hehe, that’s the real hog atm for me. I ended up deleting most of the jbridge ‘links’ as it were, jsut kept the big plugs that hog up my RAM, makes things a little easier.

So far, so good… now to look at another 8GB of ram for my i7 … :D

that’s great news. I think I’m going to give up linux for music production… sadly :( lack of proper VST(i) support is too much for me now. Maybe in the future when I will buy some hardware synths…

Waiting for 64 bit renoise for windows then!

Any idea how this guy claims to be using 64bit Kontact in Renoise without doing anything but loading the plugin?

You can’t, simple as that. It’s probably just an error in the way he wrote his post on the forum.

In post #6 he’s not sure, so I think it’s just confused a bit.

or, he’s using jBridge to bridge 32-bit renoise to run 64-bit kontakt?

quoting from jBridge’s homepage:

I specifically asked him that question and he said not.

I suspect he’s actually using 32bit Kontact and confused but he swore that wasn’t the case…

I think he is confused because he probably installed the 64-bit version of the plugin, but when installing the 64-bit version, the installer automatically also installs the 32-bit plugin version (not the 32-bit standalone executable!). Lots of plugin installers work that way.
Only the stand-alone player he uses is 64-bit. He can trace back the bit version in the info splash of the plugin after he loaded it into Renoise. I’m sure he’ll find 32-bit somewhere in the info snippet.