Which Songs Most Say "1980's" To You?

One song that I frequently listen to and MOST reminds me of the 1980s is Men at Work - “Down Under”.

What a great song. :slight_smile:

A-ha - “Take on Me” is a close second.

The Cars - Shake it up
Wham - Wake me up
(The “choose life” shirt is targetted at the issues of teen suicide and drug abuse… as opposed to abortion)
Starship - We built this city
Simple Minds - Don’t you forget about me
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Soft Cell - Tainted Love

wake me up before you GO GO , ohhh yeah that’s some good stuff :)

Boogie Down productions/KRS1 = incredible.

Hey, I did throw in Whodini and Jonzun Crew to mention some old school
hip hop…

Ice T had some great albums, Run DMC should be noted as well along with the Fat Boys.

YES! Men at Work have some fantastic songs. I listen to their mp3s quite often actually.

I made the major mistake of trying that vegemite (sp?) product mentioned in the song below.

Have you experienced that misfortune as well? Was like motor oil somehow was placed into a thick
disgusting paste form with an enormous amount of SALT added. Sludge would be a good comparison or
axle grease perhaps.

Putting that on a sandwich would ruin my appetite for a very very long time.

Sorry to offend any eaters of said product that doesn’t seem fit for human consumption :wink:

yeah i’ve heard of vegemite but haven’t had any, maybe i should order some on ebay! i like to try everything at least once :)

Oh, I have to put my two cents in here:

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine (1983)
Paul Hardcastle - 19 (1985)
Kylie Minogue - I Should be so Lucky (1988)
Ofra Haza - Im Nin Alu (1988)
Mory Kante - Yéké Yéké (1988)

Songs with the TR-909 :
Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World (1989)
Technotronic - Pump up the Jam (1989)

Oh man… I like to try new things as well.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t have touched the stuff! Man, it’s that bad. Please don’t subject yourself to it!

When you DO order it, let me know what you think :wink:

Vegemite is packed with sodium, copius amounts of glutimates, and free radicals… all of which are bad for you in the amounts they’re found in vegemite. High amounts of sodium increase your chances of heart attack. High amounts of glutimate kill brain cells, and may cause many unpleasant side effects (MSG syndrome). Free radicals have been shown to cause a bunch of nasty stuff. Oh… yah… and it tastes like concentrated greasy soup broth mix.

i thought free radicals were supposed to “detoxify” your system??

Now we’re asking for it:

I grew up on Vegimite, so I actually with many other Australians enjoy the taste. But as I grew up I found out Kraft is owned by Philip Morris, a large cigarette company. So I made the switch to ‘australian owned and made’ AussieMite. It’s quite good.

Now if we’re talking 80’s schlock pop everyone has a soft spot for something they were excited by when they were 5 years old. Mine is this:

Choose 1985 - Various. We’ll I’ll be damned I can’t find a playlist… will have to get it from home…

glen frey - the heat is on

Am I old when I know almost every single song mentioned here? ^^

My contribution:

Kenny Loggins - Footloose
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Michael Jackson - Thriller

• a LOT more

THIS is the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo

Mother.
There is no other.
Like mother.
So treat her right.

…Says Mr. T.

Nothing says 80’s to me like old misfits or DRI… I guess it’s what I grew up with.

What is up with this guy? He seems as if he’s mentaly retarded. At the same time he’s wearing this cliche movie thug outfit with very, very gay shorts. :D Weird

i think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCojtZ6NK88
sounds more <1980 doesn’t it? ^^ ähemm

Ah man I remember listening to the album “Thrash Zone” so many times in middle school, it was insane. Beneath the Wheel playing in my head right now. Remember riding the bus to the mall and purchasing that and an Overkill cassette at the same time.

haha

Also grew up on The Misfits. Awesome stuff. Do you ever listen to the newfits? Cannot imagine them comparing to Glenn…

That track is definitely from like, 1997 or 1998

actually really early 9ties. But I love it nonetheless. :)
The FEEL is what counts. ^^
we’have now the (whatg shoud we call it? the twothousands?)
so we we’re approaching the tenners? hmmm

[doublepost]