Why Do You Write Music?

[center]HAHA! …YES!

nahh but on the realz, To free me from the stresses of life… some pick up a needle … I DROP THE FUCKING NEEDLE and pitch down that BASS!

…::niNja pWn3d::…
[/center]

+1 for your profile pic ;)

…::niNja pWn3d::…

Beacause creating something I am proud of is one of the most satisfying things I can possibly do.

I don’t write music, I just open up the editor and it writes itself.

All kidding aside, I originally started because I was put into piano lessons at an early age (5 y/o) and what’s the natural progression from playing someone else’s music? Writing your own. Now I just make music I want to hear and a lot of times, I’m chasing a sound I want…I never quite capture, so I keep chasing. It’s like a relationship. Sometimes the man is chasing the woman, sometimes the woman is chasing the man, but someone is always chasing the other person…that’s how it is with music and me. It’s like a mistress on the side…women get really jealous of time I spend on music instead of with them, even though I always invite them to participate in some way. Selfish critters, women…I’ll go shopping for underwear and handbags with them when I would rather be watching TV or something…bah…anyway. :)

^^ saved me some typing :)

I absolutely love music!

Because Satan commands me to write music.

I do not write music really. I type it.

So who is writing the music you’re typing, and why are they writing it? Also, is the pay any good?

Because music is breakin’ out of me, and i really can’t hold it in sometimes! )))

the number one reason is because i fucking love music and i absolutely have to be part of it!im all about sound!
to express myself,sounds cheesy but i guess its a truth!
to challenge myself,i consider making music my craft and i want to devote my time to mastering it
to forget about the world and all the stupid complexities it brings with it!
to spread more music for more people to enjoy,imagine a world with no music!!!
and i can honestly say hand on heart,i dont do it for girls or money!!girls fuckin hate me neways cuz im such an ugly asshole and id be lucky to make a cent with the trollop ive spewed out since 2006!!

now for some wise words from James Joyce.

“Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the part the schools cannot recognize”

“My mouth is full of decayed teeth and my soul of decayed ambitions”

So you asking me to pay you to write music? Interesting.

I guess that’s the answer you were looking for…why are you guys always so abstract?? :wacko:

If anything I was asking if one gets paid well to type the music others write, but actually…

… I was merely trying to point out that composing music is refered to as “writing music”, wether you type it or hum it or play it or dictate it to someone else, and I was being a smartass about it because your smartass post invited me to. That’s pretty convoluted, but not abstract ^^

I make music because I’ve always liked music. There’s that point where you realise, hey it’s possible for me to try and make this stuff too.

You gotta love that feeling when you’re working on a good track as well.

Because I am who I am, and I do what I do.

It’s the only thing I’m good at(speaking relatively of course) and it’s the only place, except for video games, where I can truly escape from reality and be in my own place. I also find putting emotions in songs, much easier than to talk about feelings. But most importantly; it’s fun.

never made a song that it’s so You that you felt so naked you couldn’t show it to the world?

to get an old skool rush

Think I came off a tad too pretensious than intended with my previous post :lol:
No, I haven’t. Why?

I’ve finally found my (real) answer:

Just because there’s the possibility to do it… And then I basically do whatever is fun. At times it doesn’t even have to sound good. :unsure:
To be honest, this music making thing (especially in Renoise) is just more fun than ANY game out there.