Why won't my track play all the way through?

Is there another way to get an entire song (4-10 mins) to play through to the end without increasing the number of steps in a a pattern?

I loaded the file into the Instrument window. Next I put a C4 note in Edit window @ step “00.”

When I press play, the file only plays for a few secs them fades away, then retriggers after the 64 step patterns recycles.

My pattern is 64 steps, Could that bee the issue?

I am trying to mix/master a track in Renoise but can’t seem get a track to play through to start the process unless I increase the # of steps in the song. I feel like the right answer is just to increase the step count, but something doesn’t seem right to me.

I followed the Sampler @ Sampler - Renoise User Manual and this thread; How to insert an audio clip to a track - #4 by James_Britt and this one: [Videos] Tutorials For Learning Renoise but I couldn’t quite find what I am looking for.

Any idea how I can load in a 4-10 min song and mastering it?

Khepra

I’m on a Mac OS Sonoma and using Renoise demo version,

Use multiple patterns :slight_smile:
I master songs in renoise all the time, no problem. You just need enough empty patterns to play the full sample. I usually put my lbp down to 1 as well. Enabling autoseek helps too

If the file is fading away, make sure you don’t have any modulation device on volume in the modulation section

3 Likes

Not sure why OP is getting a fade out, though. Whenever I trigger samples they’re usually good until they’re gone. The worst case would be needing more blank patterns to prevent a retrigger, but the fade-away part is a little perplexing