Windows 7 x64 support for future releases

I wonder if such support is planed and 'd like to know which versions will be last to support this operating system. Any ideas?

if no support for Windows7 i dont buy or renew my licence. so simply is that!

1 Like

Windows 10 license cost about 15 dollars
Windows 10 is the best Windows that microsoft have made (in my advice)

Switch to if you can

2 Likes

Nope next system when Win7 stop working is Linux. Win10 is for all Victims! Read Mickysoft Eula. Every Keystroke are telephone to mickysoft. Win10 is NSA Soft!

1 Like

I don’t care
Windows is a tool for me

https://tails.boum.org/

1 Like

Agreed with NPC1, for sure!

What about your smartphone?

Why?

A smartphone is also a spy

My is not. I’ve got vintage Nokias for phone calls + debloated Lineageos with custom configured iptables for web.

1 Like

i have no smartphone, only old physical keybord handy (only tel & sms, no Internet)

1 Like
2 Likes

From my point of view,the only problem of “surveillance” is when you go on “dating” site (like tinder,badoo…)
I don’t want to explain what

It would be cool if someone from original developers replied considering Win 7 support.

Microsoft has ended Windows 7 support on january 14th 2020.

Esu support till 14 jan 2023, pos systems till 14 oct 2024.

ok then let’s hope that future releases will fall before that deadline… :pleading_face:

Windows XP is dead as dead and Windows 7 is also a very outdated OS. So: Renoise runs perfectly in Linux (Native and Wine) and especially, if you are running the Wine-Version of Renoise, many VSTs work out of the box.

The linux native build is even more stable than the windows-version, but some Windows-VSTs are quite hard to install in a container like airwave/carla or linvst.

If you fear to use Win10 out of privacy reasons, I would suggest you dual boot and install Linux for your daily surfing-stuff and Windows 10 without any network-drivers for your Renoise-Stuff. You even can download your stuff in Linux and store this stuff in your Windows-partitions.

There are ways to keep on renoising :wink:

1 Like

I can’t see any outdateness (yet), all i see is cheap marketing stories. Win 7 can run even latest Blender.
If we compare Win 7 & Win 10 in terms of stability. Oh my…better not to do this. Win7 have faster renderings, better I/O performance, less bugs, less telemetry. Win 10 is in permanent beta phase.

As for Linux, it’s installed on my second laptop 'puter. Manjaro to be precise, quite nice OS.

3 Likes

I have no problem with windows 10 (since 1 year)
It’s fast,even on my old I5 4570 ,16gb ,180Gb SSD + 1Tb SSD

I just advise to not disable Updates

It has a clean desktop…But I have to admit that the transition from Win7 to Win10 was hard for me…many changes

Manjaro is based on “Arch Linux”,so it’s surely a fast OS