Wishes for next releases

Airwindows uses MIT license, which I believe is flexible enough to include in Renoise.

That said, I don’t see the benefit of including the Airwindows suite as native Renoise devices. SurgeXT has them included, and the only real benefit of that is to use SurgeXT’s modulation to control the effects. If SurgeXT hosted VST effects, it would probably behave the same way.

In Renoise, I don’t see what could be gained from a native implementation of Airwindows, since native and external devices more or less behave the same way, and provide the same types of control. Well, maybe the only thing to gain is that the plugins may be tweaked to be more stable and less resource heavy than the VST counterparts - but, are Airwindows taxing on CPU and memory? i would guess not.

Variable pattern lengths per track

That’s a good one, especially after looking at some of the tracker suggestions in here Basic Tracker Alternative to Renoise? - #22 by lilith, and some of them have this feature.

1 Like

My main concern with Renoise is the track delay which is way too small even with the max value (-100ms), many legato libraries require more, even up to -400ms to work.

Better metronome and easier time signature control would be good.

Also what would be nice is if moving selections wrapped over patterns so I could move a selection to the previous/next pattern just click dragging without having to cut, go to the previous/next pattern and paste there. Now if I click drag a selection, it stops at the top/bottom even though the previous/next pattern shows. This would also help with instruments that use smart delay which require the notes be moved earlier in order for the instrument to play correctly. For example Straight Ahead Samples libraries use it a lot.

2 Likes

Check out phrases in the instrument editor, here you can setup different pattern lengths. Possible to play these simultaneously. If only phrases could somehow be represented more usefull visually, when run in the main pattern editor, right now you’re kind of blind.

1 Like

Wishes for next releases

a next release.

4 Likes

Happy and healthy Taktik, Dblue and Danoise!

8 Likes

Ok i will post my request here as well and hope it gets noticed. I would really like to be Be able to drag and drop a sample from the list in Renoise into a third party VST. After auditioning the sample inside Renoise browser, to get it into say like Quanta, I usually have right click and choose the “reveal in exporer” option which is a pain in the backside to be honest. Every other DAW i have ever used allows for such. PLEASE!!! make this happen.

1 Like

I know it’s been beaten to death, but I think it bears repeating every so often…

Renoise needs a native synth(s) :slight_smile: Just simple ones, like the ones in Sunvox (and actually I think the Sunvox sound engine is open source). I know Renoise’s sampler can behave a lot like a synth, but it’s not really the same thing.

6 Likes

jack-nicholson-yes

3 Likes

Redux has 12 stereo outs

2 Likes

+Renoise themes work in Redux

3 Likes

I would love to be able to hide or shrink tracks in pattern matrix so I could focus on the ones I use and ignore “outtakes” I don’t want to delete but don’t use right now

You can collapse grouped tracks in the mixer and they will be collapsed in the pattern matrix. Would be nice if individual tracks could collapse, too

2 Likes

Thanks a ton! That’s exactly what I wanted to!

1 Like

AI sound mixer, something like this: https://experiments.withgoogle.com/ai/sound-maker/view/

1 Like

The cow-synth example on that page sounded pretty cool, but the bass and flute synth was literally just a bass and flute played at the same time. I don’t think we gotta worry about this particular AI starting Judgment Day.

1 Like

My little wish would be simply a rock-solid Midi Drag&Drop, if you aren’t familiar with the current issues you can read up here:

<3

Where is taktik? What is happening? World spinned over 365 times already… And there are some annoying bugs with sidechain. How can we increase your motivation?

5 Likes

Native delete unused dsp option

1 Like

I know right, paging @taktik - any updates at all yet?

4 Likes