Wives/girlfriends Etc Moaning About You 'music Making'

No, this is false. My significant other is not my child. My significant other is my equal.

I also don’t have any experience in being the receiver of anal sex. It doesn’t make it a prejudice. It makes it something I don’t want in my life. Neither my partner.

I meant the connection between the M/s relationship and fascism. Where’s that connection?

We never had a problem with making music and spend time together.

When I say I’m going to make some banging beats this evening, she says oke and does her own thing.

If she says I’m going to shop with girlfriends ( :P), I say oke and do my own thing.

It has never been an isseu. :)

I can’t imagine that it can be an isseu anyhow.

Now that is how things in life should be!

Well unless the master choses to be the slave 50% of the time, I don’t see how it isn’t.

I’m not calling practitioners fascists with fascist agendas.

But to deny that it’s a fetish with authoritarian tendencies is ludicrous.

I think I spend more time on the internet looking for vsti’s and info on circuit bending than actually making the music. Fortunately I’m in a relationship in which both of us can be in the same room and playing video games all day and have minimal reaction ( unless we’re playing an MMO ). However, whenever I’m writing something I absolutely HAVE to be alone. My g/f never complains when I’m in my sanctuary for long periods of time and finds ways of occupying herself. Still I hate getting the feeling that I should be upstairs being the good boyfriend when I’m making great progress.

I’d gladly give up Renoise time for Good Times with the girl ;)

Giving up time to walk the dog and pick up his shit, however, is not Good Times. :P

Gee, man, I’ve never been into a M/s relationship but I think that the important thing is that if they are consenting adults, any further judgement is unnecesary. We are not talking about blackmailing, slavery or any threat, it is something that both people want that way.

my experiences with women when they come over is:

they will stare at you while doing suggestive things until the urge can hold back no longer.
also, those memories became the most engrained clear as a sunny day memories i think i will ever have of them.

i really don’t think i could honestly live with any women though, in my exprience they want too much.

That can be solved:
Ditch the dog and either buy her a cat instead who can roam the streets alone, or don’t hold any pets at all.
(also a lot cheaper on your monthly food budget)

Too late vV, we have two cats already at the moment, and intermittently we save death row cats and dogs from the animal shelter. One of the little fellas shat next to my mid-fields yesterday, took me a few hours to work out where the smell was coming from. :smashed:

I’m used to cats, they are manageable. Dogs can be a real handful though.

I personally know quite a bit about the alt.sex scene, and the only way I can see a dom/sub relationship working is if it’s not full time, and if, for the most part, the dom has a less degrading, more loving attitude. Keeping someone in complete submission 100% of the time goes against the definition of consensual, and would seriously wear on one’s self esteem. Being treated like an object or a slave is nothing more than a sexual fantasy, and should be treated as such… even 50% of the time is much more acceptable than 100% … For this reason, I think a full time TPE relationship very much mimics a typical patriarchal (or matriarchal… not that it’s typical) relationship.

If you’re going to do it though, ffs, make sure you respect the safeword.

I’m not making music at the moment, but it has nothing to do with my relationship, I’m simply taking a break from it all, not feeling creative at all and it’s too much hard work to get back into it.

Though I miss it, and I’m gradually playing myself back into the game. And she’s all positive about it vocally, but I can sense that all she wants is for me to spend time with her all the time. Very mixed signals she doesn’t even understand that she gives. How someone can say “I really want you to get into your hobbies and make music, play games and hang with your friends, I’ve never said that you couldn’t do that” and at the same time, when i want to hang with my friends, play games or make music she calls me all the time when I’m out, complains that the music isn’t her style when I make it (I’m mostly into quite noisy stuff at the moment) and feels that I throw her out of the living room whenever I play games.

Ah well, I bring these things up at even intervals, we have a quarrel that ends with me having a mental breakdown and her thinking I’ll break up with her, we get an understanding and mutual apriciation for each other, hug and feel much better. And it’s back to basis again, no lesson learned other than we don’t want to loose each other.

And that’s just my side of it all, I’m having some chemical imbalances in my brain manifesting itself as depressions, irrationality, impatience and aggression (although, not violent) so I also think I may well be distorting things. I’m getting more aquainted with my mental issues and know when I’m not acting myself, so we might end up genuinely happy and balanced too. Or, she might end up not being the right girl for me, which sucks because I know she feels I’m the guy she wants to grow old with.

But anyway, I’m deviating. On topic, it’s all give and take. For us it’s like, I give of my time to her, and she gives me time for myself. Because we’re different like that. She doesn’t really like being alone, and I NEED to be alone quite a bit. But seriously, you don’t have to put up with watching crap soap operas, get active and make suggestions for what you can do together. You both have to enjoy it. If she hates football, don’t expect her to go with you to the game. If you hate opera, let her know she can’t expect to have you with her. Find common ground etc etc etc etc blah.

And for Christ’s sake, get the studio out of the house and turn off your cell when in there.

Sagosen basically says it all. Just move your music out of the home and into a professional context; problem solved.

If you live on your own? No problem. You live with someone else? Show them some courtesy and realize that

a) Listening to someone banging on the same tune for hours on end (usually starting out quite horribly) is a form of psychological torture and

B) Being in the same room as someone (as with small apartments) is an implicit social pact to acknowledge one another.

Assuming that you have a RIGHT to do something exclusive when in a social context isn’t just poor social ability, it’s plain rude.

And it’s so simple to fix too. Move the music away. Or make dates for it. Institutionalize it. While on that topic, move the music somewhere where there’s no internet and no way for the outside world to screw with you. Double win.

We’re artists. Art is always going to be an intimate partner for us, and we have to realize that the attention we pay to him/her can spark jealousy in those others that are close to us. This isn’t unreasonable. We just have to be clever about how we deal with it.

Well Said.

Girlfriend is one problem, wife and a baby and two jobs is another. Music making happens whenever the hell I can find time for it. But as difficult as things are, I don’t think entering into an arrangement of unidirectional passivity with another human being gels with my liberal ideals. If it’s voluntary, what’s the point in enshrining it in an agreement? My two pence.

I like my women completely out of control, unpredictable and free.

I’m not living together, so maybe this post is totally irrelevant. When my girlfriend is here I will spend time with her, all the other days she is not here I will make music or do any other hobbies. A relationship demands time…

Sometimes she wants to help me with music, that is really fun. She will just listen in my other room while reading or something (yeah, I make music pretty loud) and yell suggestions towards me. Other times she will gather alot of courage and place herself behind the microphone (wine helps!).

I have “lived together”, with her or my parents on holiday for example, and it worked fine. She did her thing, I did mine :)

I wish I had a girlfriend moaning about my music making… Fact is, I am single since over 5 years now. I pretend that this is cool. But SRSLY it isnt.

amen :P Being single sucks, no matter how much i try to convince myself it’s rad.

being single does suck, sometimes.
however on the other end of the scale, it’s great not having drama, committment, expectations, plans, head games & worries. there is probably a lot i left out, but it’s great thing for saving money.

i can see how having a wife or serious girlfriend could make one seriously focus on what is important, only problem with that is you really do have to include the other into what you do somehow so the bonding will happen.