Xrns_randomizer

I found a forgotten post from Plastic in the Merge Songs thread on July 11th, 2007 and I thought i’d break it into it’s own thread for anyone interested in exploring these ideas. Feel free to append or implement new ones as well.

Can someone repost the xrns files?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijtgpb

Thanks for the files, using them I was able to update the script. I have committed my changes in CVS

Windows users who want to help test can double click get_cvs_dev_version_scripts.cmd in XRNS-SF version 1.4. Others can check out the code using their CVS client of choice.

New features: Randomize modes based on scales, option to keep note octave.

Valid modes are:

• chaos
  • shuffle
  • harmonic_minor
  • locrian
  • lydian
  • melodic_minor
  • pentatonic_blues
  • pentatonic_major
  • pentatonic_minor
  • pentatonic_netural

Some feedback on my implementation appreciated.

Haven’t tried the script yet, but it sounds like the randomizer is going places no tracker has been before…excellent work !!

This reminds also me that I should work some more on the microtuning script (been busy the past couple of weeks) :wink:

Thanks!

PS: Kaneel Sink Sink Sink in preserved octave pentatonic_major, BOTB Syntherzupier in preserved octave pentatonic_blues with track beat 00 on mute, both winners!

:D

Thanks!

i dont even knows what this means :huh:

If you are on MS Windows 1) download the XRNS-SF GUI 2) Unzip 3) Double click get_cvs_dev_version_scripts.cmd 4) Launchxrns-sf.exe

This will result in getting the CVS version of this script (as well as several others) and an easy GUI to mess around with to try new combos.

If you are on OS X or Linux, see this link for CVS access. You’ll have to know the command prompt though.

Good times.