162 replies to this topic

#151 Johann

Johann

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2774 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 16:50

No one reads anything you posts because it's guaranteed to turn into this.

yeah sure, only it doesn't 99% of the time. I made a comment that was misunderstood and got immediately attacked, and just made the mistake of standing by what I originally said because, uhm, it made perfect sense, while the stuff that was slung at me was low to say the least.. and then getting pissed off. but yeah, that other pompous drama queen is totally innocent, this is all just because "Johann posted". as I said, use something else as a vehicle for your petty, shitty little grudges.

Edited by Johann, 01 July 2010 - 16:51.

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#152 Airmann

Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:dnb, production, mixing, mastering, sound design, developing

Posted 05 July 2010 - 19:49

a dry/wet on the compressors would be sweet ass

fully agree ... directly from my heart !
  • subskan likes this

#153 silverwings

silverwings

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:16

learn how a compressor works.. or maybe use it on a send bus... :D
  • Garf likes this

#154 Airmann

Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:08

FYI ... I know pretty well how compressors work <_< . Of course send bus is possible, but dry/wet is much more convenient if
you want to apply e.g. parallel compression, or use it in a complex DSP chain, etc.

See for example or

Edited by Airmann, 06 July 2010 - 21:13.

#155 noby

noby

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Sound

Posted 06 July 2010 - 22:25

Oh yes! +1 dry/wet slider for teh compressors. Also, maybe the filter thingy that also appears on the gate :-)

#156 mr_mark_dollin

mr_mark_dollin

• Normal Members
  • 2823 posts
  • Interests:Quiet Revolutions.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:51

A lot of my tracks are slightly moist :lol:
Posted Image

#157 wrl

wrl

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 21:57

can't do that on master!

#158 Airmann

Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:25

can't do that on master!

That's right.

Of course you could route the output of every track and send track to a final send track (master surrogate), and from there you could send to another send track for dry/wet master application.

But obviously this is a real PITA to do, so another point for dry/wet

#159 Airmann

Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:39

Another good example where dry/wet is missing:

e.g. yesterday I tried to route some audio serially through two filters like it's done in "fab filter", "antares filter", "Uhe filterscape" etc..
Cut off freq of both filters is controlled by a hydra device.

If the filter had a dry/wet slider I could control the effect of each filter much better - means the overall effect of the serial combination.

#160 029

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:01

Got to say -1, for this one.

Personally I see it in the way, that incase one would need a wet fader, one could accomplish that anyways whenever one wanted by sending the track to 2 different sends, and then simply applying their percentage.

(Sorry but I do not see the rationale.. What is the way you guys compose of, in order for needing such a device as a native functioning? (like it is, in FL studio for example - but why could it not be accomplished by easy workarounds?)

Edited by 29, 10 July 2010 - 01:33.

Timelessness, must exist in order for the time to ever begin..

#161 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:34

(Sorry but I do not see the rationale.. What is the way you guys compose of, in order for needing such a device as a native functioning? (like it is, in FL studio for example - but why could it not be accomplished by easy workarounds?)

to me it's not about not being accomplishable, but ease of experimentation: setting up a send track to do this, to find out it doesn't sound good, takes way more time than giving the dry/wet a little nudge. (I guess I'm not so much speaking about a dry/wet device but "dry/wet for all fx" here)

and what if you have 5 (10, 20) fx in a chain where you want that? several of such tracks.. a send track for each effect?! :blink:

this is fine if you're building something specificially, but when "just" composing experimenting, it's just not an option IMHO: the fact that you would need to use a send device and a send channel just to check out how a certain effect sounds mixed with a bit of dry..... means that you *never* do that, unless you already know what you're looking for...!

and yeah, I do agree that if you know what you're looking for, even 50 send tracks are not too much, they can be named and colored after all... but for tweaking sliders to find a sound you like, it'd be just too much hassle to even bother most of the time, at least for me.

think of this as "an inline dry send channel" or something. it'd be a simpler way of doing a simple subset of what you can do with a send channel. you (theoretically) don't use word to edit a two-line ini.file, you use notepad. along that line, you might use sends when you do more with them than just retaining a bit of dry, something inline otherwise. at least that's my take on it.

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#162 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:45

why does filter 3 set with default model 24db pole add gain?

#163 Rpnz

Rpnz

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 21:03

is this scriptable?
House Music All Night Long. - Say What?