2 years without update ?

wtf you let the update sitting idle in backstage for a month without saying a single word, while people are revolting on the forums to have it? were you planning to play mindgames on the community as revenge to all the silly forum action?

but comes very welcome, works well for me so far, looking forward to a changelog.

This wonā€™t turn into a rantingale anymore, too much time has passed, we accept reality now. Changelog is the forum link I would say.

Yes, indeed, letā€™s make that happen :yeah:

I guess dblue broke the news, but we will have some additional stuff (content libraries) coming up soon as well.

So while you download and play around with the bugfix release, stay tuned for a more ā€œofficialā€ announcement in a couple of daysā€¦

Thanks!This is great news even if itā€™s a bugfix!Possibly, with a ā€œmore officialā€ announcement, some people can support with announcing it in other forums, social networks, blogs or websites related to music or for simply interestā€¦

The team (of which Taktik is the lead developer) is working on another project for a while, so Renoiseā€™s core feature development is on hold until further notice.

In short, the team simply had a desire to work on something else for a while, to explore some interesting new challenges, and to clear the dust and cobwebs from some lesser used parts of the brain. When a project has been ongoing for 15 years as Renoise has, itā€™s only natural that an occasional change of scenery or pace may be necessary to keep things fresh and interesting.

Nevertheless, Taktik is not locked away in some distant fortress of solitude, nor are the walls crumbling down around us at Renoise HQ. Taktik, Danoise, and another colleague of ours, are all working together on the other project and meeting up at Renoise HQ throughout the week, so itā€™s pretty much business as usual.

I am not directly involved with the new project myself, since I have my own things going on, but I do still drop into the office at least once per week to hang out, share ideas, or to simply talk some shit and have a laugh with my pals.

In closing, things here are fine, so letā€™s all just try to relax and calm down a bit, ok?

Cheers.

Bonus PS: The 3.1.1 bugfix was silently released on Backstage earlier this month, we just didnā€™t get around to posting an official announcement yet. If one of the pending fixes was pissing you off, it should hopefully be fixed now.

Thank you.

The release being announced in a FUD/speculation thread seems counter-productive :smiley:

Because as the post said, it hasnā€™t been announced, silly.

Speaking of random people saying things, 3.2 beta probably starts around march if you look at the release history.

Me wouldnt complain about a ā€˜temporaryā€™ Absence of Taktik here, who is the main Architekt of the DAW, we All love so much.

After having a slight & easy Problem while logging into the Forums & a ā€˜Please Help Meā€™ Mail to the support, I got a pretty quick reply,

by the Man himself, who I never talked to before & we got into a short and neat Convo, tooā€¦so far, Renoise is Taktikā€™s first Born Baby,

there might be other Projects & also other jobs to do in Between for whatever Reason we might not know about, yet on the long run,

this wont affect #Renoise in a bad way, or even ā€˜stopā€™ the Development of our favourite DAW; trust meā€¦thereā€™s nothing to worry About.

there is an update! hurray!!! check the backstage area :smiley:

wtf you let the update sitting idle in backstage for a month without saying a single word, while people are revolting on the forums to have it? were you planning to play mindgames on the community as revenge to all the silly forum action?

but comes very welcome, works well for me so far, looking forward to a changelog.

Youā€™re right. How long does it take to put a post in a forum to announce the update and quell the angstā€¦ Itā€™s pretty lazy of the devs actually.

It wasnā€™t a whole month, it was sometime this month, Iā€™ve checked it a few times in September.

OK. Bump in six months, letā€™s see how weā€™re doing by then.

Iā€™m bumping this now since more than 6 months have passed. (And the 3.1.1 ā€œreleaseā€ doesnā€™t really count, does it?)

So, how are things going? Would be cool if you could confirm whether there is any progress being made.

?

Bumpin this too cause danoise asked us.

thanks joule :wink: (btw joule i canā€™t thank you enough for all the great tools youā€™ve made in the past years. so: thanks again mate. youā€™ve made my renoise experience so much easier and better)

it would be kinda cool to have some comment from Taktik :slight_smile:

like heyy im Alive ā€¦breathing and eating regularly :slight_smile:

just think about it jajaja

Things are happening. Relax baby. We should at least see another bug fix release soon, and whatever heā€™s working on Iā€™m sure itā€™s most likely a huge VSTi thatā€™s being worked on with a piano roll substitute, synth, and a pixel art editor or video editing features. That makes sense.

the only sad thing ā€¦about this all update ā€¦stuff

it is thatā€¦somehow ,its becoming a reason that stops nu users to approach the software and even try and learn it

iā€™ve spoke with diff producers ā€¦people thatā€¦dont use renoise and they are aware of this ā€¦nor regularly update thing :frowning:

wtf !!! :frowning: how they know about this :frowning:

someone said that ā€¦he did not wanted to learn renoise because he was afraid that ā€¦ somehow it was a waste of time ā€¦to learn a software that was at the ā€¦wait of been discontinued

wtf is that :frowning:

ā€¦

This FUD is giving me anxiety. Itā€™s still a pretty solid daw and will be used for years. I just hate that itā€™s the only professional tracker. Iā€™d make a tracker if I could do it in Javascript but since that is silly Iā€™d just raise some money and hire someone to do it. Too bad Arguru isnā€™t around anymore.

Life is too short for an update.and we humans donā€™t get any anyways, use what is already there, some things get better with time like fine wine. A great book needs no update but rather that the reader spend some really quality time reading it and going deep into it.

Life is too short for an update.and we humans donā€™t get any anyways, use what is already there, some things get better with time like fine wine. A great book needs no update but rather that the reader spend some really quality time reading it and going deep into it.

If a book has printing mistakes it sure needs an update. Also, if the story did not end yet, it might get a sequel.

If a book has printing mistakes it sure needs an update. Also, if the story did not end yet, it might get a sequel.

Entire books could be mistakes filled with mistaken concepts and outdated stuffā€¦maybe a rewrite ratherā€¦or becomes superstition at some point. Say for instance the Bible or works by Aristotle ! These books are about ideas which are timeless, updates make no difference, since they are valid till the end of time, as we know it.

Bugs however are more of maintenance thing, just like typosā€¦could happen even while playing a jazz solo- unless you remember that there are no wrong notes only wrong choices :slight_smile:

Humans are imperfect so whatever they construct is also imperfect unless itā€™s directly copy pasted from the universal inspiration bank to whatever medium available at the disposal of the human being. That medium will never be perfected by definition so updates are expected the moment it is built. The last version of anything at all still needs an updateā€¦itā€™s an infinite line aheadā€¦

Perfection is an illusion and perfection angers the Gods.