Any news for future versions?

I am a fan of Taktik since his interview at noerror.scene.org :rocket:

At internet archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20020803155023/http://noerror.scene.org/people.php?id_p=3

2 Likes

We got to give credit to the devs : it’s old, rarely updated… but it’s rock solid. Astonishingly so even !

I’ve tried to move to Bitwig… aaaand I couldn’t use some of my favorite plugins (cracks and pops all over the place…)

The more updates you make, the more likely you are to break something.

Meanwhile we can rely on tools (THIS is crowd sourced and very close to open source).

So yeah, be patient, dig the software. Remember the days when people had to use only a couple of hardware and a tape machine : the best music comes from instrument you’ve dug and bent through and through.

2 Likes

:smiley: Looks like i’ve bought and got into Renoise at a near-perfect time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link to the interview! :grinning:

2 Likes

Adios then if they are like all like you. Lame troll.

If you people are going to troll each other (and just generally annoy because of boredom) at least try to do it with some real finesse.
Maybe one day a version of Renoise will come with a cool FPS counter in the upper status bar :slight_smile:
cpufps

1 Like

CPU: 666.66% FPS: -1 on Apple macOS

3 Likes

lol

So no future news yet. I bet that unkle TakTik is just working on some modular sauce for our next update. Wich is very cool because Buzz wasnt that bad to be honest, also not as good as Renoise is but still good.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

For reference:

1 Like

Can i please beg people to read existing topics regarding their question before posting something over and over again? It would tidy up the space, and rid all topics of contant loop :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have to thanks to you and also if I have any more questions can I dm them to the forum cops?

OK lol ova ACAP to both of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Meanwhile why not check out my new Doofer (which means stupid one in german) and bang out some crazy beatz! :scream::fearful::weary:

M

1 Like

I think renoisers are just a bit too hung up on loops. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

1 Like

Why ? Just… why ? Renoise is already as modular as you can get…

The assign menus are just as good, and are more “keyboard and mouse” friendly than patchbay.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

3 Likes

different toolz for different foolzz I guess.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But there certain things that are not possible to modulate with and would be great. Especially the speed of the sampler (with negative ones to go backwards) and the start, end and loop points.

That would put octatrack to shame and open a hole new range of modular sample tweaking madness.

What can I say? Although maybe you could treat -1 FPS as ‘infinite’, in which case you’d be getting a great screen refresh :slight_smile:

I wonder if anyone is ever going to think about/code a ‘linear daw’ with the ability to insert audio tracks, midi tracks and…tracker tracks on the time line :thinking:

1 Like

there is already live looper for automating start/end loop points, and works awesome?

image - As (I hope) - all works and looks great and crystal clear on 4K monitors / tvs

I guess Right Click and set Run as Administartor as default (Windows 10 x64) helps with resolution in this menu / submenu:

image - Change high DPI settings and High DPI Scalling Override checked.

1 Like