Beatbattle III

In my opinion there’s a tune that is superior to the others. When vote will be closed I’ll see if I’m right :) :) :) :)

:drummer: see you :drummer:

2 bad you can’t vote for your own tune eh ;)

http://www.penningskamp20.dyndns.org/bb3/index.php
the songs are up for download but the voting process is still under way

I thought we were supposed to vote for anonymous entries… prolly didn’t feel like removing all the info.

oh for f**** sake!%(" something happend when i sendt the song to celsius. cause he havent recieved it. f%T"")? weeks of work in the toilet. ffs. :(

good luck to all of you though!

Shit! But we need to ear your tune the same… :D

yeah, post your entry here sewen :)

uh yeah, the beatbattle website seems to be down right now. which is annoying because in less than an hour i am leaving for the weekend. i have all my votes/comments written in a text file, so maybe i can find some time during the weekend to quickly pop back home and post them

if not, try not to end the compo for a few days ;)

That’s funny <_< I finished my tour around Italy just in time… then I left for almost a week to go to Holland… and when I’m back the beatbattle is just done :mellow:
I’ll post my entry even if the compo is over but it’s just a two-days edit :P

welcome back :)

(ah, the site is back up)

ah, dammit… my votes are gonna be a little off. i knew that two of the votes were ‘technical’ and ‘creativity’, i figured the third would be ‘overall impression’, but it’s actually ‘style’.

oh well. i don’t have time to re-do my numbers. i really think there should be an ‘overall impression’ score, so i’m using style for that. it shouldn’t sour the scores too much. style goes with creativity, imo.

it kinda makes sense giving overall score to style in a way anyway. or it doesnt. but it does

do you work into the toilet?

which job do you have? :)

ok that was a bad one :rolleyes:

i think skill and creativity are important criteria.
and you are right, that the term “style” is a bit mistakable…
i don’t know a better way to describe it as “overall impression”. B)

btw. the entire points are calculated as the average of the three categories.

When is the voting deadline??

I thought the style point was for how well it fitted the theme.

damn^^
this post is from me, i’ve forgotten to log in
:rolleyes:

Celsius, when is the voting deadline? :ph34r:

Unfortunately, I had no time to vote for now and I planned to do tomorrow… am I still in time? :)

thanx

i disagree. take the movie ‘fight club’ for instance. i’d give it a massive score for style, creativity and technical, but i still don’t like it. and the same reasoning applies to music.

there were tracks in here that had a lot of detail and effort put into them - they got high points for creativity and technical, but i thought they were musically very weak. if i was to treat ‘style’ as ‘whether they know what they are doing’, then i’d have to give high points for that too. taking the average of those would give the track a high score, even though i really don’t enjoy listening to it.

i don’t think averaging works. and even if you do use the average score when ranking the tunes, at least include their totals for each of the categories as well

it was just a question, not really a statement…
let me say it like this:
if i don’t like a song, i consider what i don’t like… perhaps the song is on a high technical level, but only a very ordinary house track with no variations. then i give more points to the tech skill and less to creativity. the reason for splitting one score into several categories is, that the composer gets a better feedback and the voting can be done more exact…
it was only a question from me (i don’t answer it myself), if you (all the participants) want, that in the future there is one more voting category named “overall impression” (or “personal taste” or something else…).

the song earwax.rns (which is cool btw.) causes my Renoise to crash. Something in the songloading I guess <_< .

Load earwax -> then another song while playing -> then it crashs!!! :(

sigh I have a dejavu!

Yes I know I have to post it in the bugreport sec. normally but…

Same bug of Premium Trance… Only with “earwax” (funny title!!)-------------
------------------------------- <_< <_< <_<