Beatbattle III

I just downloaded all enties… nice to hear. just a question, wasn’t is supposed to be an annonymous voting? cause almost all entries have the authors name in the song info…

anyway, even if Gwilym didn’t wrote his name in his song it wasn’t very hard to work out wich enrty that was his :rolleyes: :lol: hehe ;)

23 ppl out of 31 have voted so far.

I will fix the deadline to next wednesday (10th) to give a little more time to the last people

Done. Is the voting only for participants?

Argh. I don’t like housemusic very much, so i could not enjoy all of the tracks really. But some where still cool though.

I would have expected more Hiph0p/breakbeat stuff in such a “Beatbattle” compo :)

Overall i’d say the real winner here is renoise itself, proving that putting your hands on it will much likely result in a pro-sounding piece of music :)

Loolarge

Vote is only for participants, I guess :P-------------

I think an “overall impression” voting category would be nice, for next beatbattles…

Will be the comments open for all then? If yes I´m really gonna to re-think my thoughts :blink:
Some of ´em are crap I think after listening to some BB3 songs again :unsure:

i just wrote a massive post for this thread, but i’ve decided to save it as a .txt for now, because it gives too many clues as to which song is mine. i don’t know if the entries were supposed to be anonymous, but if they were i don’t wanna mess it up.

i’ll post after judging is completed.

but twilek, you’re almost definitely right :lol:

edit: PT, you shouldn’t be concerned about whether your comments are public or not. i was harsh to some people, and overly nice to others, and for a while kinda hoped that my comments would end up anonymous to avoid conflict. but then i decided that it doesn’t matter, they’re just my opinions, nothing to be ashamed of - everyone has opinions. none of them are anything personal.

after voting, when the final rankings are calculated, the entries are not more anonymous, the composer name is shown next to the song title.
the comments are then visible for all, but they are still anonymous. there will be only written “comments on track <…>: …”.
so no fear, and write, whatever your opinion is. B)
but try to be honest, so that the composer gets a detailed feedback…

Entries aren’t anonymous. Many people (me too) wrote their names in song properties… :) :) :)

yeah, you’re right.

okay, well MINE is anonymous :D (for now)

(and, as twilek has proved, not very)

Agree with you but my point is that I wasn´t even harsh or whatever. My comments were mostly uncunstructive like “Wohooo I like this song” or “boh it´s crap” <_< gotta hate myself now sniff. I was more expressing how I liked the song than about suggestions or critiscm. Ahhh well let´s see, guess I won´t bother the compo-host with a voting change. (Also my lazyness don´t allows that to do :rolleyes: )

they never said in the rules that if you’re entering you have to be able to write detailed, constructive reviews for every song (that would take WAY too long anyway). what you wrote should be fine.

I didn’t write anything… found it hard enough to come up with 3 scores per song (thats 93 scores!), hope this doesn’t count as not having voted yet…

I didn’t write anything too…

Too much busy in this week

Sorry :(

I am eager for the results and criticism. I hope people where harsh on my track so i can be entertained by negative feedback.

Anyone know what the deal is?

I think the voting deadline is tonight at midnight… That means you’ll probably have to wait until tomrrow to see the results.

If everyone already has voted then there is a possibility that the results will show up already tonight… but that’s only my personal speculations.

Maybe, negative critics makes you laugh, huh? In that case I didn´t get it :blink:

but I´m more guessing about that negative thoughts are making you see where you lagging at. So in that case, that´s it :) (still guessing)

Anyway let´s see tomorrow I guess :rolleyes:
(and yup I know I´m to much believing :) )

bah. this just makes me feel like i wasted my time.

if you refuse to improve, instead laughing at people who try to give you hints on what you’re doing well and what you’re doing badly, then you might as well just put a big sign on your tracks saying NO FEEDBACK PLEASE and save us the energy…

AND THE WINNER IS …

http://www.penningskamp20.dyndns.org/bb3/index.php

Congratulations to youtH with his track earwax who wins a renoise license!

The 2 followup prizes (a renoise Tshirt) go to Klaus Lunde with BB3_pm and yinxs with Crank me uP!

Exceptionaly, Fabio Nardi with Rwtw_Masif also gets a Tshirt because he came last :)

That guest post above was me, in case you’re wondering ;)
I just read your comments and I agree with almost all of the criticism, it is not a very original track, and not finished (I was rattling away on the keyboard until midnight on the deadline). The solo was played live, one take, no retouching, I am not sure if that makes it sound good or shite :) I had no inspiration so I just did my best on making the standard bits sound good. Thanx again all who voted, I never win anything!