Bump This Thread If You Purchased Renoise

I bought it about a week ago. After a couple of days of playing around with the demo i just knew i had to buy it.

Old Coconizer user. After years of trying (and hating) every tracker I could find on the PC I finally stumbled on Renoise. I didnā€™t even bother with the demo after looking at the tutorial vids :D

Renoise is the business. No better DAW out there XD. Not for the weak of heart though :)

Iā€™ve only had the demo for a day or two, went to purchase, saw the VAT and had to decline. Maybe next week.

PS Opened Renoise, remembered I wanted to copy some Goldbaby Drum samples into the Renoise/Samples folder, I minimised Renoised, copied the folder, maxiā€™ed Renoise again, and the Goldbaby folder was showing in my directory, no rescan. Sweet!

After 6 years or so of using the demo [jeez, has it been that long?! hell, my last posts on this board were from when 2.0 was in beta], I finally bought a license.

Man, Renoise 3 is so good! Took me a second to get used to the UI, but it only took a half-hour or so of fiddling to get my bearings.
And all the new stuff is really impressive! Real bang for your buck.

I can understand why every second post is an euphoric worship for renoise.
Purchased it last month and used it when i got the time. Its pure fun for me!
Will enter this forum more deeply soon. ;) Thank you renoise team!

Bought it yesterday! Totally random, never used a tracker before, but I just got this sudden must-have urge after looking at some tutorials and reading about it a bit. Looking forward to learning this!

Bought it a few weeks ago. Love it. I have an Octatrack and see a lot of similarities, in fact it is making me come up with new workflow ideas on the Octa. Dig it more than Ableton, it is like someone took the covers off the DAW and now I can see its inner bits - and wreak havoc.

My first music teacher in late 94ā€™ was using a (unknown to me) tracker on his monochromatic orange screen plugged in his hardware samplerā€¦ He was so fast and straight forward.

Thatā€™s a tool (the trackers) that doesnā€™t gets old, but on the contrary gets improved by adding concepts borrowed from more recents music creation tools.

Iā€™ve watched the interesting dev. of renoise since 2.0 and with the 3.0ā€™s features and improvments, I couldnā€™t wait first, to get the 3.0 version now, second, to support the dev. team and third to take part in the lively community. The price is also pretty convincing.

Also, the accurate events engineā€¦ No pdc problems like we may found in Ableton Live. I like it.
Iā€™ve followed the Bitwig launch (I know the comparison between thoses softwares canā€™t stand ) waiting to see which software I would get. Finaly for music creation, Renoise won the match.

iā€™m agree to me the first sequencer i use because in the past i didnā€™t use sequencer i made some loop with a wave player in synthedit and since i use renoise i can make two different things a the same time lol;)

Finally took the plunge. Iā€™ve been trying the demo since version 1.x (canā€™t really remember) and with 3 around the corner decided it was time to get the real deal.

Loving it so far :)

After having used the demo very briefly (as in, perhaps 10-20 hours total) a couple of times the past couple of years, I decided to buy Renoise back in January because of growing interest in electronic music production. This was after having demoed several of the ā€œbig onesā€; tried Ableton Live, Logic, Reaper, Cubase etcā€¦ Never been on the forum until now, hence my late registration on here (today).

Iā€™ve just bought v3 after writing an entire track on the demo over the space of 3 days (after months of writers block on Ableton). Its the first tracker Iā€™ve used in anger since my Octamed days in the mid 90s and Iā€™ve got to say, what an amazing program. The phrase sequencer is next level too, good work Renoise! Also it seems to be perfect for preparing loops for my Octatrack, bonus :slight_smile:

Bump. I bought Renoise and it makes me smile.

It also means that all the suck in my music is my fault.

I bought it awhile back and itā€™s my main DAW. I bought this when it was 2.5 in 2010? and have been using it since.

Bought 2.1 in 2009 out of curiosity (and tracker nostalgia) and rarely used. I used FL Studio (still Fruity Loops then?) and then moved to Ableton Live.

Renoise is my main DAW now.

Wishing I wouldnā€™t have bought it a second time, my money wouldnā€™t have went to the crippled, options-removed, poorly-laid-out V3. Maybe you can add another option people here on the forum request after they win an official Renoise EDM song competition, that seems to be the only time you listen to your users.

Been a user and purchased it since at least 2004, I thought it was 2003 that I started, but I canā€™t remember anymore.

Wishing I wouldnā€™t have bought it a second time, my money wouldnā€™t have went to the crippled, options-removed, poorly-laid-out V3. Maybe you can add another option people here on the forum request after they win an official Renoise EDM song competition, that seems to be the only time you listen to your users.

Been a user and purchased it since at least 2004, I thought it was 2003 that I started, but I canā€™t remember anymore.

ā€‹Dude, I think we get it. You donā€™t like that they removed the easy loop point option from 2.8 to 3.

I donā€™t think that Renoise 3 is the last word in layout, but I wouldnā€™t have called it particularly bad. Itā€™s a busy interface, but thatā€™s inevitable because of how much power itā€™s exposing. At least you can easily hide bits which arenā€™t relevant at any given time.

And Iā€™m sorry that you regret your decision, but at some point I have to ask why you didnā€™t do what everyone else does and give the demo a trial run before laying down your money? That is what I did, and I liked what I saw.

In fact, thatā€™s wrong. I loved what I saw, I loved what it did for my workflow, and I was mentally prepared for the fact that Iā€™d maybe have to work a bit to find all the extra nuggets of utility I might like to have. Just because it didnā€™t work the same as Ardour, or Lmms, or Rosegarden, or Sunvox, or even freaking Cubase was not a downer - it works differently because it is a different tool. And I embrace that.

Now I would like to suggest that instead of complaining about the world changing under your feet, you join me in finding one cool thing Renoise 3 can do for you per week, and making a song with that.

In the words of Michael Jackson:
If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself, and then make a change.

So. Challenge accepted?

ā€‹Dude, I think we get it. You donā€™t like that they removed the easy loop point option from 2.8 to 3.

I donā€™t think that Renoise 3 is the last word in layout, but I wouldnā€™t have called it particularly bad. Itā€™s a busy interface, but thatā€™s inevitable because of how much power itā€™s exposing. At least you can easily hide bits which arenā€™t relevant at any given time.

And Iā€™m sorry that you regret your decision, but at some point I have to ask why you didnā€™t do what everyone else does and give the demo a trial run before laying down your money? That is what I did, and I liked what I saw.

In fact, thatā€™s wrong. I loved what I saw, I loved what it did for my workflow, and I was mentally prepared for the fact that Iā€™d maybe have to work a bit to find all the extra nuggets of utility I might like to have. Just because it didnā€™t work the same as Ardour, or Lmms, or Rosegarden, or Sunvox, or even freaking Cubase was not a downer - it works differently because it is a different tool. And I embrace that.

Now I would like to suggest that instead of complaining about the world changing under your feet, you join me in finding one cool thing Renoise 3 can do for you per week, and making a song with that.

In the words of Michael Jackson:
If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself, and then make a change.

So. Challenge accepted?

First off, I didnā€™t pay them money when V3 came out, I paid for it during the V2 period in hopes that V3 would be a great thing. They made great promises of V3 back in the early days of V2, especially ones on the midi front, like, you know, being able to actually do things like smooth pitch bends using the pitch bend wheel, and more options for quantizing thatā€™s supposed to make note entry more accurate and instead it made it impossible to do any quantizing at all or it will be off 3/4 of the time.

How about someone just help me with converting my V3 song back to V2.8 and Iā€™ll stop complainingā€¦ Or maybe the Renoise team can offer a converter or something, with the knowledge that some people really really donā€™t like V3. What Iā€™ll be doing after that is switching to software that they actually have midi input as a primary thing instead of a sad, pathetic afterthought, and software that isnā€™t geared almost purely around making EDM.

Iā€™ve been asking for basic easy-to-add-in options since 2004, theyā€™ve never come. The only significant options Iā€™ve seen them add are ones that they had to win a song contest to be in the programā€”the option to record live audio input. They werenā€™t going to put that option in unless someone who wanted the option won the contest. I donā€™t like the way they go about things. They only put things in the program that the programmers seem to find cool. If they donā€™t think itā€™s that important, it wonā€™t get in the program, they donā€™t give a ratā€™s ass what they people actually want, and thatā€™s a BAD thing for a small company. If they were big like Microsoft or something thereā€™d be an excuse.

People have been requesting decent midi options since the start, but instead of putting those things in, letā€™s just change the entire interface and put options on the right upper corner that the only way to get to options related to those are on the bottom left corner.

No, challenge not accepted. I wonā€™t be using V3, I never know what else theyā€™ve removed from the program, and Iā€™m TIRED of having to look at the FAQ for EVERY LITTLE THING over a program Iā€™ve been using since 2004. Itā€™s a bunch of crap. You want to make your fancy EDM, go for it, thatā€™s all this program is good for, theyā€™ve proven that thatā€™s the only audience they care about.

Who needs to be able to count out their ā€œcomplexā€ parts when itā€™s always some 4/4 4 on the floor trance/techno/house bullshit? Thereā€™s no complex timings, so quick keys work fine for you, ā€œHey, listen to my EDM! Itā€™s so inventive! This program is so awesome, it lets me easily create a 4 on the floor beat and move effects around on a cheap pattern I put in at random!ā€ Yeah, thatā€™s what this program is made for.

Iā€™m sick of it. Again, Iā€™ve asked for some really SIMPLE OPTIONS since 2004, theyā€™d be pretty easy options to put in, but no, the programmers donā€™t think itā€™s cool enough, Iā€™d have to win an EDM contest to get those options put in, so fuck it. It doesnā€™t even matter how many people ask for an option, or have a problem with some new option, if the programmers donā€™t think itā€™s important, nothing will happen. They can even get support from the top contributors on the forum, but you know, who cares, the programmers donā€™t like the idea so screw it.

So no, I WONā€™T be using V3. I want to finish this song in 2.8 and be done with this bullshit program that the programmers donā€™t give a ratā€™s ass about what the users want except their EDM crowd.

Have fun making EDM. Boom sss boom sss boom sss boom sss. Yeay, arenā€™t you impressed?! Itā€™s so complex to change around the effects. Itā€™s so complex to paste a bassline someone else made. Oh so difficult! Yes, quick keys are just fine for that kind of music! Oooh aaaah!

Yeah, 10 or 11 years and not a goddamned thing Iā€™ve hoped for happened in this program, it just became more and more tailored to EDM.

So yeah, have fun everyone! Iā€™m done with this shit!

Ive didnt have to look into the manual with V3. I had to with V2 when i began with Renoise. And V3 is just updated V2.
Maybe you have some special needs because i dont know about anybody who has same problems with so basic things like youā€¦
So dont generalize please.

1. I dunno why you talk about simple EDM. Renoise 3 has phrases that can make complex polyrhytmic stuff that couldnt be done in R 2.8. Even unique instruments envelopes together with doofers support experimenting. I dont really understand what your problem is, there is nothing in R3 that would look more EDM than R2.8, not a thingā€¦