Color Themes For Renoise

You’ll be blind before you get caught. :point_up:
I won’t ask why you were looking for a Windows 95 inspired theme in 2023… Good luck!

If you want to add to the subterfuge, you could replace the renoise logos/banners with MS logos in the skins folder :wink:

2 Likes

Short answer: I’m in public service and the computers are old as fuck :sweat_smile:

By the way, I’m already blind of one eye. I hope I don’t ruin the other one too :laughing:

3 Likes

Windows 98/Me/2000 inspired theme - minimal, office minded, 1998 - 2004

DevelopersDevelopers.xrnc (4.8 KB)

7 Likes

Oh, these are getting better and better. I hate Windows so much, but it really looks like the software(s) I used so many years ago :smiley:

3 Likes

Funny, i’d never thought I’ll have a nostalgia for software GUI styles and experiences - I miss the minimal brutalism of Windows 98/Me/2000 or XP without the skins. :wink:

4 Likes

Pantone Extended Gamut Palette extracted from the Windows95 screenshot posted earlier in the thread. May come in handy for refining the Office Stealth Theme. If anyone wants, I can generate Pantone palettes from each of the 5 colors to expand the overall palette. I might try my hand at making this theme, myself, but for now this is what I am able to contribute.

2 Likes

Anybody knows of a TR-909 theme? 80’s grey and orange would be supercool :slight_smile:

Not many colors on the TR-909. Attached is a palette extracted from an image of a TR-909. I’m not great with making themes, so if anyone wants to take a stab at it, this should offer a good starting point. (The 2 red tones are the display; unlit is darker, lit is lighter)

1 Like

Yooo thanks a lot for contributing!

Renoise at the office, baby! MS Excel stealth beat making!

Took a stab at making this theme. The only thing I didn’t change are the track colors, which are currently set to the new stock “Hybrid” theme’s track colors. The VU Meter uses the Windows 95 logo colors.

Macrohard Windows 95 (JRS).xrnc (5.0 KB)

7 Likes

this and remsky’s are now my fav themes, thanks… had no idea how much I wanted a win95 theme till I had it.

2 Likes

Not perfect, but here’s a take on a TR-909 theme.

TR-909 (JRS).xrnc (5.0 KB)

6 Likes

It looks awesome Jesse, lekker bezig! Thanks !

1 Like

ReESX-Gray - Korg Electribe ESX influenced theme - Monochrome-LCD look and Electribe ESX colour scheme.

ReESX-Gray.xrnc (4.9 KB)

7 Likes

Re-tooled the reds and made points in the Automation View red instead of Orange. I wanted to better follow the theme of the device as well as the idea that some parts would be more like a display with an unlit/lit state.

TR-909 (JRS).xrnc (5.0 KB)

5 Likes

Omg. Electribe ESX-1 and EMX-1 are my favorite hardware pieces!

I’d love a blue version for the EMX-1.

1 Like

A Global Hue Shift in the Theme Tab in Preferences might get you a blue version without having to modify much else

EDIT: I did it so you don’t have to (eyeballed the hue shift from a Wikipedia picture of an EMX-1 with a lot of flash glare) Probably has several elements that turned out horribly and require manual editing, but its a starting point.

ReEMX-Gray (remsky) JRS mod.xrnc (4.9 KB)

4 Likes

Updated Macrohard Windows 95 Theme. Worked in that horribly wonderful Teal that is terribly nostalgia inducing. 100% ripped out the default Track colors and VOL/DLY/PAN/etc. colors from the default Redux Gray theme. They worked so I stoled them.

I find this theme rather easy on the eyes. I also consider this the Final version.

Macrohard Windows 95 (JRS).xrnc (5.0 KB)

10 Likes

Badge@4x
OK, here’s my contribution to the ruse

put this in your resources>skin>logos folder in place of the original :wink:

6 Likes