Command Tables

would be nice to see some command tables to get some more complex/precise sample editing! :)

When making a feature suggestion, it’s very important to explain exactly what the desired feature is and how it should work. Otherwise you are forcing the developers to do the research themselves, which can be quite time-consuming and frustrating if the information is not easy to find, and can easily result in certain behaviours being misunderstood.

So, for the benefit of everyone here who doesn’t use LSDJ and has no idea what you’re talking about (myself included, haha), could you please explain exactly what this ‘command table’ feature is, how it works, etc?

Cheers :)

Ahhh right i getcha!

well a table would be like a mini version of the pattern editor but connected to an instrument. so every time the instrument is triggered it will run through the command table.

command tables are alot more precise then if you would be to put the commands in the pattern editor because it would allow you to put commands between the beats.

a little tricky to explain

but lets say this is the pattern editor:

00---------------
01---------------
02---------------
04---------------

then this would be the command table compared to it

00---------------

01---------------

02---------------

04---------------

so you could put commands for in between the beats and connect to it an instrument so that the command table will run whenver the instrument is triggerd

i hope that made some sense but like i said its a little tricky to explain but anywho who does use LSDJ (tracker for the gameboy) would be fully aware of this feature ^_^

LSDJ’s screen interface structure

P-WS-
SCPIT
G----

Project Screen: like Renoise’s preference screen
Wave Screen: where you can edit the individual waveforms of the synth programs
Synth Screen: “The synth screen features a soft synthesizer that generates sounds to be
played back by the wave instruments. In total, there are 16 synth programs.”

Song Screen: like Renoise’s Pattern Matrix (4 channels = pulse1 pulse2 wav noise)
Chain Screen: like Renoise’s Pattern Sequencer
Phrase Screen: like Renoise’s Pattern Editor
Instrument Screen: where tables can be turned on or off (you can also run tables in the Phrase Screen)
Table Screen: explained above (in a way, the overall structure goes from macro to micro, likening it to pattern zooming)

Groove Screen: triplet example on Youtube

And now I totally understand :)

This has been discussed a few times in different threads here, and is usually referred to as “instrument patterns” or something similar. I agree that it would be an insanely useful feature to have.

yeah of course! i like to make my own kicks in trackers so creating them would be MUCH nicer with this feature!

Yeah, turning up the LPB way up high to make, say, a simple kick doesn’t make much sense.

+1

This feature would be very usable for chip style music.