Covid-19 (Corona virus)

Corona can remain viable in air up to 3 hours according to new tests. These results (if confirmed after review) are supposed to be similar to 2003 SARS though:

For this study, researchers used a nebulizer device to put samples of the new virus into the air, imitating what might happen if an infected person coughed or made the virus airborne some other way.

They found that viable virus could be detected up to three hours later in the air, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

1 Like

Watt a horrible Mess we ar in!!

Watt a horrible Mess we ar in!!

New name for this thread.

1 Like

Dr John on thorough handwashing :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

I also read that hand washing with soap is more effective than ethanol based antibac products. Vodka and similar spirits will not help at all as the percentage of alcohol is too low.

2 Likes

HÄNDEWASCHNN NICH VERGESSEENN!!!

BERLIN Spingrzz from 148 to 542 in 24H!! WRONG NRS IN NEWSPAPERZ REAL IS 216!!!

All Clubs, Bars, Restraurants SHUT DOWN from Mid of next Week.

Inshallah

In Spain we are confined throughout the nation, complying with the Royal Decree regarding the Coronavirus “Alarm State” approved yesterday Saturday. In Spain, the “Alarm State” is a lower step than the “State of Siege”.

This is going to take a long time. Possibly 3 months minimum. Please, at the European level, to each country of the European Union, do not wait to have many cases, stop the virus when have few cases! Force your leaders to react now!!!

It is more than demonstrated that waiting is much worse, both in mortality and economic. If it is necessary to paralyze the entire country for 2 weeks for 10 or 20 cases, do it! Many sick and old people are going to die. This is very important!

It is shameful what the European Union is doing. You are worthless as a Union! This is a global problem, and the European Union is not even reacting. All the countries of the Union will have to act on their own, because the European Union is not up to the task.

Please, each one of your countries, wake up! If you have few cases, use drastic measures now. Don’t wait!

I know that in the Renoise forums it is for fun and sharing, but this matter is very important. We are not China! There they could not stop it in a short time. In most countries of the world it will be a drastic annual problem, to say the least.

Please inform in your countries. The main problem is that your health systems will not be able to absorb all cases, and many people will die due to lack of resources in a short time. The entire European Union should be supplying Health resources to the entire Union.

Support your health systems NOW! Supply them with resources, Intensive Care Units. Make a crash plan now.

There are countries that are already late, such as Italy, Spain, Germany, and many more. To the rest of the world, strengthen your health systems.

And nothing more. If you are finally confined to your country, compose a lot of music with Renoise and take good care of yourself !!!

For the care of the elderly and weak, do not carry the virus!

3 Likes

I agree. EU has shown it’s ugly face by not showing up in a health crisis… poor Italians in particular… What is EU designed for if not to take health as a top-1 priority. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Well… considering the hard facts of infrastructure, economy and borders, I don’t think there’s much EU could do. This is an event where subsidiarity rules. Countries are minimizing/optimizing social mobility between borders, depending on the situation in each country.

On the collective level, this is not a simple topic where the only weapon is 100% quarantines and social distancing to combat the virus. The aim is to flatten the curve and minimize the fatalities by finding the best balance of minimizing social mobility and achieving herd immunity. Minimizing fatalities and minimizing spread is not equivalent - which is important to understand. I think that’s why many people find government procedures a bit confusing at times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

1 Like

Yes, everyone talks about the damn curve, but the main problem is an absolute absence of prevention in all countries. Is incredible. While China was suffering, half the world saw it as a movie, as news on TV of a local problem there.

Well, now all countries are going to have to replicate a similar situation, probably much worse than what happened in China. China is a superpower of 1.4 billion inhabitants with infinite resources, which doubles the European Union. Here, each country is ridiculously inferior to China.

Let’s continue to assist in flattening the curve, which is very good. But tell a director of a hospital center. Meanwhile, Italy is in chaos, and in the rest of the countries it is waiting to see how they react.

1 Like

I find the neoliberal approach even here kind of annoying. There are 8-14 intense medicine places per 100000 habitants in germany (I forgot the exact number). And much less breathing devices. Instead that the government now heavily could force the production of all required devices and material, they prefer to fix the habitants so it fits to the economical circumstances.

And then they tell you “wow germany in comparison has a very well health system”, but actually it was in a very critical state just before the outbreak. I know this from first hand. It’s due privatization of the health sector. You can’t trim a hospital to maximum profit.

And why they are providing credits to even huge, rich companies with a ton of cash assets?

This virus won’t disappear so quickly, and reducing social activity can’t be solution over long time. So what is the plan after that? 70% of people will get this disease, they say. It’s like they think even the this virus crisis must be (good) business.

1 Like

Fact is the catastrophy is/was already here. Last year, these events were already facts to a large extent.

There are only two things left to do now:

1. Protect the risk groups
  2. Optimize the spread - in relationship to medical resources available, and the desired duration of the spread.

I’m not too informed about Italy, but I understand they have a relatively aged population. And possibly, they haven’t handled the situation too well.

The figure for herd immunity that I’ve seen is 60% total cases. So you have to make a choice about your own personal strategy. Allow yourself to be infected (out of solidarity), or practice extreme social distancing in hopes to avoid it? If you go for the latter, I’m guessing it will have to be done for quite a long time. About until the same time that they call ‘alarm is over’ for risk groups.

1 Like

This has also happened in Spain. Here we have a strong public health system that works (professionals in capital letters), but with a lack of resources (respirators, Intensive Care Units, even gloves, glasses, etc.). These “details” that doctors demand must be perfectly planned. Do not tow.

Many things in this world are initially thought to do good. Then come unscrupulous people looking for the business. This has happened with public health, absorbed by private health. But this in an Alarm or Siege State does not matter. The government takes absolute control of EVERYTHING, whether private or public. It will even start strategic private factories intervened to supply resources.

I do not know what each country does, but in Spain we have “put the batteries” in a few days. It has been a very rapid change. Today is day 1 of quarantine. What is to come is very hard.

1 Like

Schort update in BERLIN

Numberzz are simlar BUTT he Citiy CLOSED down allready.

People on street just Arabs & Türkss people No Almanns arouns as it seems. (Not a big probblem for me) Also very weird Maybe they doing Hamster parties inside keeping safe which I do also can understand. The Situation is very extrem and his has never happened before since WWtwo or so.

Good thing some neighborzz offereing Help for older people in the Houses like shopping or something. Other then Apoteke and Supermarkt there is everything closed now untill “Who knows”

Kraft & Ausdauer is now needed to get this “flu” thrugh!!!

Shouldntt a Pandemie be a global issue o a Tru p dont like Global!!! ughhh

Trump offers ‘large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

German government tries to fight off aggressive takeover bid by US, say reports

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=covid%2019

defender 2020 / coronavirus
strange, the american government is usually not careful

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/03/11/us-participation-in-defender-2020-reduced-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/?utm_expid=.8PmrxjecSrmPUvZz0dzjuA.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Situation quite messy actually in France, seems clearly not under control. We are supposed to stay much at home as possible. I think decisions are took a bit late, hope that will be not too late.

Seems that the world will be soon under quarantine.

Sorry to say that but I was sad today. I hope that will be ok.

The same thing here in Norway. Now people are told to stay home, but they’re not even being tested, so no one really knows how many is infected or if you’re infected yourself. Symptoms can be very mild for many people and i have a slight suspicion i might have caught it myself as i have felt some mild symptoms and i have taken subway, bus and tram the last week and a colleague showed up sick at work after a boat trip to germany…

Now i just read in the news they are going to shorten jailtime for prisoners to reduce corona outbreaks in prisons

In Sweden schools still open…

Seen a Vid that explains something critical.

It is, the spreading has exponential growth. But what is known is only number of infected people who became sick. Actually much more people are infected and spreading, but show no or little sign of illness. So while the graphs look like it has just begun, there is another graph that looks the same but just shifted several days ahead. That is real situation, all those people will become sick in X days.

Best thing to do is to stay home and go to public only for what is nessecary to live, like buying food etc. And wash your hands before and after you left your home. It will slow down spreading, but only if enough people stay at home. And buy a little stock of food and medication, so you can stay at home a week or two without leaving, in case you get sick it is the best to do so. Not really for yourself, but for other people - please take care not to spread the virus.

The virus might be okay for the younger among us, but the elder and sick ones are in danger of losing their lifes right now. If you are careless when you’re infected, then you are putting those people in danger, and also others in case the virus spreads too quickly and there is not enough medical ressources to treat everyone who needs treatment. So try not to be the asshole who was careless. Stay at home however you can, until the critical phase is over.

2 Likes