Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 26

Voting over and happy to see a fair amount of people take a listen and pick their favourite this time :)

Congratulations to E.H.V.A.H. SDC with a well deserved win

Although it must be said it was an overall high quality turn out this time so thank you all!

Next round coming soon ;)

1. E.H.V.A.H. SDC
2. td6d
3. Dunks
4. Kurtz
5. Vastique

Tracking over, pack uploaded, time to get voting!

Deadline for votes is 12noon UK time Tuesday 29th November

Grab the pack at: http://www.mediafire.com/?kdw6ff65jf5qa4n
(As there are a few entries I will look at uploading to Soundcloud.)

Deadline for entries is 12noon UK time Friday 25th November.

Rules:
Tempo: Any
Genre: Any
Time Signature: Any
Compulsory Sample: None
Additional Rules: No Samples! All sound have to be generated by yourself using MXB’s ReSynth tool, default waveforms only. Render Selection allowed to generate layered sounds using different envelopes on different sections. Think transient compared to tail of drum hits etc. Renoise only. All features, functions, DSPs etc of Renoise allowed except Draw.
Submissions: Please submit links for download to me via PM so we can keep voting closed. .XRNS file must be submitted! Preferably alongside an audio file (mp3 320kbs preferred.)

ReSynth Tool:
http://tools.renoise.com/tools/resynth

… and MXB is invited to participate to this round !

And this round we gotta beat KURTZ! :lol:

even the best things cannot last forever ^_^

So we can only use the 4 forms embedded in resynth or can we load waveforms? :)
Gonna experiment a little bit although I’ve already won this one…

Sorry meant to make that clear in the rules.

Only the built-in waveforms. No “wavetable” mode, IE loading of your own waveforms.

Also revising one more rule:

As Renoise does not yet have Envelopes Per Sample I am going to allow Rendering Selection To Sample. So you can have a few layered synth sounds and then render to try and get more realistic drums (mainly) where you are going to want very different envelopes to generate the transient section compared to the tail.

Name has to be “InsX+InsY+InsZ” or similar and for this round please don’t delete instruments that haven’t been used in this way (maybe leave one pattern with them layered to show how it was done. Entering the same data multiple times for the sound you want is annoying!

Huh? :huh:
Edit: ah, i get it. :P

Mee too ! Ha ha ha, cool thanx kazakore, I asked myself how the hell I could make my drumkit !

That was obviously meant to be “please don’t delete instruments that haven’t been used” so people can try and piece together your resampled creations ;)

Or I guess have been used to create a new sample but aren’t in a pattern also makes sense…

Work in progress:

http://soundcloud.com/cm2/synthesized-boom-bap

(kick got killed by SC a bit…)

Not had a chance to even start on this the last week so unfortunately will be out of the game myself but I hope some of you guys have had a little more success ;)

I’ve got 2 hours left, and I even didn’t started it… :lol: :lol:
too many things to do this week, glued to skyrim, coding my kinect device… :wacko:
I will have to release a quick done thing just before the deadline… for sure, this time beating my compo’ will be a piece of cake…

Going by the timestamp of when you posted that you had a little over 9 hours still… Three and a half hours to go now people ;)

EDIT: Although nobody pointed out my initial post said Friday so assume everybody is so used to it running Thursday to Thursday (plus date was correct) that unless I see a complaint/request by closing time I will keep it as the above ;)

Well, i got a half an hour left and i haven’t started, so if i’m able to get something done it’s probably not going to sound very nice. :P

Well crap - I always thought the deadline is friday. Fuck it! I’ll submit my track tonight anyways.

Huh, ohhh. The deadline states: Thursday 24th November :lol:
So, today or tomorrow? (I’m not finished either)

It did say Friday and that was my error. First post has been edited, date was always correct for today but a failed copy, paste and edit on my part means I missed it said Friday. If people were thinking Friday was the deadline guess I can extend this for the extra 24 hours.

Otherwise you would have about 20mins…

EDIT: Deadline now confirmed as tomorrow, noon, UK time!

Awyeah - it’s still on! :lol:

There’s still a chance! :P

I have already submitted, does this mean I can re-submit tomorrow?