Do We Need A German-Speaking Forum?

I can only understand AWSTRAAAYLIEN, so I have no idea what you’re all talking about. :P

Drž hubu, ty idioti! Snažím se meditovat o Renoise zde! A věřte mi, všichni mluví o tom, že není pomoci!

Počkejte … Co?

Koho to zajímá? Já ne.

Špatný překlad PRAVIDLA!

Click to view contents

Shut up, you idiots! I’m trying to MEDITATE about Renoise here! And believe me, everyone talking about it isn’t helping! Wait… What? Who cares? Not me. BAD TRANSLATION RULES!

Cenzura … kdo ji potřebuje?

VY jsou nepříjemné!

Ale já jsem taky!

檢查 …誰需要它?

你煩人!

但我也!

Click to view contents

Censorship… who needs it? YOU are ANNOYING! But I am too!

In that case there should be a forum for every language (Swedish in my case) too. And to prevent they get out of hand just make someone that knows that particular language to moderate it.

On the other hand, there’ll probably be a lot of different forums if all kinds of languages are supposed to be supported.

Nicht ganz richtig, aber jedoch meiner Deutsch ist nicht so gut wie gut Deutschers sich selbst erklären können.
(Es ist jedoch besser dann was Google Translate mich vorschreibt in die meisten Fällen.)
Aber ich verstarke damit Conner seiner punkt das wir fals Team nicht die richtige eindrück ausbilden wenn wir nur manchmal frage beantworten und wenn es auch noch in einige Fällen, armen grammatik enthält.

Meiner forum tag sagt: Renoise Support Staff (EN/NL). Jeder person kann sehen das er mich im Englisch und Niederlandisch ansprechen darf. Und das ist bis heute noch nimmer ein problem gewesen und das soll in die nachfolgender Zukunft kein problem sein.

Bei allem Respekt, jedoch ist dein Text nicht leicht verständlich. Wenn es dann zu kniffeligen Beschreibungen kommt, ist es manchmal dann doch sinnvoll wenn jemand darauf antwortet, der die gleiche Muttersprache spricht.
Natürlich ist mein Deutsch selbst als Deutscher nicht perfekt, dennoch bei weitem klarer wie es bei deinem Versuch sehr deutlich wird.

Mir geht es einfach um die Benutzer die überhaupt kein Englisch sprechen, oder nur in einem sehr begrenzten Umfang. Mir kann es persönlich egal sein, jedoch klammert man so auch potentielle Kunden aus.

Support ist nicht gleich Support … schade eigentlich das hier gemauert wird. :(

Nachtrag:

Morgen treffe ich mich mit einem Freund, der nach meiner Renoise-Demonstration eine Lizenz erworben hat. Ihm hat das super gefallen, kommt jedoch nicht wirklich weiter, weil ihm unter anderem auch eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fehlt.

Bambooli, what are you asking for?

If VV’s support isn’t “german enough”, how do you expect a german forum to help if no one from the Renoise team is available to speak “good german?” You will give support? Other users?

…that’s called a user group.

this is surprising for me: each time i have been in germany, the people i met knew english pretty well; i thought germany didn’t have such kind of problem with citizen having a pc and an internet connection. Italy has it adnd it is no surprise to me at all.

we actually have a small benefit here: Dutch people are taught German in school. that’s why i can understand most of what was written in German above. this means that, seeing that Vv is Dutch, he can indeed give support in German when this is absolutely necessary. that way, a German user who’s English is not that good may post his question in both languages (as suggested before), thereby gets to learn English a bit better in the process, and everybody’s happy.

as was also mentioned before: Bambooli, feel free to translate the manual into German. i’m sure with a little help from the forum you could make a pretty good translation that will suit some German users up to a point. seeing the software is in English, they will, in the end, need the English manual at some points anyway, and those can live side by side. do your translation, make a forum post under ‘beginners questions’ and request for a sticky. you’re done.

This thread is now ridiculous.

A dozen people have offered to help your friends, proposed solutions on how your friend’s could be supported, even told you if they really need help ask them to post in german and no one will complain, everyone wants to help your friends!

Instead, you are asking for special treatment.

Vielleicht könnte man die Idee auch begrüßen und sich hier bei den Benutzern erkundigen, ob es Personen gibt, die bereit wären ein Subforum zu moderieren. Das scheint mir hier jedoch nicht willkommen zu sein, damit alles so bleibt wie es ist, nicht wahr?

Das Ergebnis ist eindeutig mit weit über 20 Stimmen gegenüber gerade einmal 5 Stimmen für diese Idee.
Ich denke das Thema ist durch. Es war nur eine Idee, mehr nicht! Das hier so ein Wirbel entsteht, wer hätte das vermutet? :huh:

Nachtrag:

Ich würde anderssprachige Subforen begrüßen, auch wenn ich dort kein Wort verstehen würde. Hauptsache die Benutzer können sich in diesen Foren effektiv helfen. Das ist hier der Unterschied. :huh:

Ok, well this is my last post in the thread. Sorry if I am posting loudly and with vulgarity . I live in a French province of Canada. Although I am fluently bilingual, many people in my province are exclusively French speaking. I understand the issue, but also understand “special treatment” since the rest of Canada speaks English. Here’s my executive summary:

• Other users speak other languages. Everyone wants to help. That’s not an issue, I hope? We have a real community here, and the compromise is English.

• As of today, if your friends need help, they can ask in German. Put [German] in the subject, for example. No one objects to this. No one ever has.

• I am for “other language” forum, but I see how this will cause problems.

• Other Renoise Team members, higher ranking than me, disagree with me.

Best regards.

In my opinion there is no need for a subforum. As already offered, just post in german if it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary to get the message across. If people are able to write in english they should do it, for the sake of the community, which is then probably able to reply, and later on, learn from your thread. Also, it’s a fine refreshment for early english lessons. ;)

If you write german posts, there won’t be a lot of people able to help you, which was also mentioned already.

Also, i personally find it arrogant if people use languages others don’t understand, IF it is just for comfort and not necessary to bring the message across. Otherwise, that’s fully ok of course.

As a final statement: I am a native german speaker, and i will be glad to help if someone is not capable to express him/herself in english. And if i can of course, i’m just a beginner myself. ;)

i demand an austrian subforum in the german subforum ! :badteeth:

When looking at the voting-results, it seems that there is no real urgent demand for it no.
If we would translate this request into added marketvalue, we gain 12.20% percent extra marketshare on the German market. But who voted yes?

I don’t think we are “totally taliban” :P
But that we have adopted english, maybe even too much, so why bother with the aggreviation :)
On top of that there are swedish forums that are dedicated to music (in swedish) but are not specific to one software package.
E.g. 99musik.se, there are several renoise users on that board (me included) so there are no problems using that site to discuss renoise-topics.
Also alot of discussions are not really software dependant, e.g. how to use one set of gear or effect to create X is really similar to all type of music programs.

So another option to the original poster is to find a german music forum and ask for a sub-forum there or start a Renoise thread which everyone can use.
Point is, as have already been said, why put the extra load onto the renoise team ?
It will surely not take long before someone else ask for a X-language sub-forum, and of it goes.

I haven’t voted because it’s not up to me.
I would vote no however, to keep the “native” renoise forums non-fragmented.

as you may or may not have noticed, Bambooli decided to take up the good advice and started an initiative to make a German translation of the Quick Start Guide! [German] Wir Brauchen Eine Deutsche Schnellanleitung

Yep missed that :)

let’s start a forum for germans learning english.

I think is good for Renoise to be available in other languages. I speak Spanish, but its good to start with something.

If someone needs them,
here are translated into German language user manuals

Renoise Bedienungsanleitung 3.1
https://mega.nz/#!ARwDRagR!8lv64N8Ri1-YXLyc2NIygbARcpaacHKG8gilDt82xd4

Renoise Schnellstartanleitung
https://mega.nz/#!IAghnSDC!E5kxu1HAg_JPBYwfONn6Qn25KD4wrIK0U2r5Sc1tpzE

Redux Schnellstartanleitung
https://mega.nz/#!tc5RDAIY!6DvVsCLxVWg1b6C5FH2TyCVmWmtBjIqMrlhmiANGqkw

Greets, Neander Diggi Thaler