[done 3.1 b5] Entering note names without "-" (C-4 vs C4)

When I grab a whole bunch of samples to be setup as a multi sampled instrument I have to manually adjust the root key. It would be handy if for instance d4 is accepted as d-4. So typing without the slash. Same elsewhere in renoise, for instance when setting the samples key range.

Please? Small thing to fix I guess, just a little bit faster, just the way we like it :badteethslayer:

This may not seem like much to some people, but my god would this save a lot of time for me. I can put in sharps really easily with just my left hand, but typing that dash is a huge pain.

I have thought about creating a tool to import lots of samples into an instrument by taking the

base note from the sample name, but I have not yet come around to it. Not sure if this is supported

by the API.

I have thought about creating a tool to import lots of samples into an instrument by taking the

base note from the sample name, but I have not yet come around to it. Not sure if this is supported

by the API.

Yeah this should be easily doable with a tool.

I made a tool for placing a sample… so you still have to do some manual work, but it’s a lot faster than without the tool.

Placing the sample based on the root name(s) should be pretty simple too. That’s for someone else to do, at least for the time being :slight_smile:

Easy and good change. Done that now as well for the next beta.

So it’s now possible to type c4 instead of c-4?

Easy and good change. Done that now as well for the next beta.

:wub:

So it’s now possible to type c4 instead of c-4?

Yeah, i think so :slight_smile:

Yeah, i think so :slight_smile:

Yes. It was only that, wasn’t it?

Yes that’s all. There were some other talk, so I was just wondering what the fix was.

Happy camper here!!

how about this?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/idea-for-chord/35105