[Done] Automatically Inserting Markers/Regions Into Rendered Songs.

Something that Bantai said in another thread gave me a nice idea which I think would come in very, very handy for a lot of people. Especially for those who post process their tracks in ways that require precise cutting of portions/loops from the song - re-sequencing in Ableton Live for example.

The idea is that when Renoise is rendering the song it could also insert markers or region points into the .WAV which other applications like Soundforge could use, thus making the life of a sample cutter a lot less stressful!

( Edit: the old images from this post aren’t online anymore, but this one illustrates the idea )

Hopefully others will agree and view this as one of those nice, simple little features which can make your musical life that little bit smoother.

+1 :)

mlon

Seems like a nice idea to me.

+1 maths

+10015. ONe love.

Sounds useful!

+1.00 * 10^10000

+1 this is seriously wicked. Anyone who doesn’t get that must be destroyed.

+1 this is incredibly useful. The markers / X rows is pretty nifty too, for sure.

^2

Yes, this would be handy indeed!

:thumbs up:

++1

Definitely (nice mock-up btw)

Yeah, sweet! (Metadata is useful stuff!)

support it.
even though i don’t think i had to write it… :\

GREAT idea!

dBlueLord has chosen it.

I was digging through my posts and looking for something I’d said a while ago, when I stumbled onto this one and got curious what may have happened to the idea? Obviously the original images I posted have been lost now, but I believe it looked something like this:

I guess the main problem may be due to something that taktik has mentioned a number of times before, that there is no official standard method of implementing things such as loop points, regions/markers, etc., and that each application may interpret them differently?

Anyway… apologies for digging up ancient posts, hehe. The overall response seems pretty positive though, so I wonder if this worth considering again?

We do of course have the option of rendering each pattern to a new .wav file, but I’m thinking this method could also be useful.

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html#cue

(edit: heh, 404 now?! :blink: )

Cool - that looks pretty comprehensive. Much better than other docs I’ve seen scattered around the web. Some I’ve seen don’t even mention cue points at all, for example.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I hope it’s not a big pain in the ass to implement this.