Give us loop fine editor back

zoom is your friend. :blink:

The battle of los editors

+1 as I often use Renoise to make looping sound effects for games at work.

If I understand correctly, the replacement looper feature works inside renoise only?

people may want to create loops which are not zero-crossing or even not continue, that’s why the loop editor should be back

+1 for the fine loop editor!
yes, why was it removed? if we would know the background logic of this decision, perhaps it would be easier to accept.

Can’t understand why fine loop edit has been removed, used it all the time with earlier versions. Hopefully it will be added again…

just started getting back into renoise after about a 4 year hiatus.

thanks for all the awesome improvements you’ve made. really blows my mind the changes since 2.x

i appreciate the loop crossfader thing because i think it does a better job than the other automatic loop fixer jobbies i’ve used.

however.

i got a little frantic and anxious and fearful when i could not find the loop fine-tuner.

then when i googled and found that it was removed, it felt like a punch in the gut.

PLEASE bring it back. i’ll pay an extra 60 euros or whatever on my next renewal.

there are use-cases that the fine-tuner cannot be beat or replaced by anything automatic, ever.

the automatic thing is destructive to the sample. fine-tuner is not. that’s the biggest thing for me.

while i see that the automatic guy does a decent job depending on what your selection is, it still doesn’t provide the information or control that the fine-tuner did.

it looks like i’m not alone in being Very Negatively Affected by the removal of this particular feature. it was the best fine-tuner i’ve ever used.

alternative? yes.

replacement? no!

:slight_smile:

I would pay 30 euro’s for returning this loop-fine editor and 200 euro’s for keyjazz on a selection of a sample. :guitar:

Wait, do you expect us to get an extrenal wav editor, edit it there, and hope that it will import the loop? I’m going back to a non-crippled version of your software.

Just bring it back, please…

or maybe an option for a split view?

hmmm before you will see this post as a mega sneaky crosspost, why not combine my wish with the screenshot seen in Weizenkeim above this post?

I mean, play some notes on the keyboard… hear the selected red part… find that it is awesome and loop it :wink:

JAZZ!!

I’d really appreciate such a feature!

But real loop finetuning would need 2 extra panes, not only one, i.e. one for loopstart and one for loopend. I think it’d be quite helpful to see both waveforms next to each other, to get a visual grasp of the subtle wavecycle difference “click” that might happen. So another horizontal split in the right extra waveform view in weizenkeim’s mockup.

As for eleminating the “click”: is there already an option to x-fade a selected section around a loopstart with the equivalent around the loopend? The builtin x-fade tool - I haven’t yet grasped how it actually works.

Another nice suggestion: placement of loopmarkers not on per-sample-step, but with fractions. Yeh, you dig the finetune and Ability to place at zero crossings between 2 samples.

Oh wow… seriously?? :frowning: i was just looking for the fine loop editor in Redux Demo. Came here to find out what i’m missing. It’s Redux and Renoise that’s missing something. Bring it back please!

1 Like

I think it’ll come back, lots of squeaky wheels over this. Time to apply the grease.

oh shit it’s the future but still no fine loop editor

2 Likes

Yes, please bring back “fine loop editor” and bring Renoise into 2019 and the future again! :smiley:

2 Likes

Please bring this back and also what DJ Terrabyte mentioned: " keyjazz on a selection of a sample."

1 Like

thank you thank you :slight_smile:

recap; select a piece of sample… press enter.
dont like the pitch? play another note!
then hear it starts at the beginning of the sample, not the actual selection.
join this discussion haha.

Renoise is so perfect on its own, this is the tiny thingy that would give it that sparkle I dream of :smiley: