How To Make Dub Techno Chord Sounds In Renoise?

Thx for showing intrest, The guy makes it look simple in ableton :(

In ableton it IS really simple, I had it after 3 minutes with a little fiddling around. In Renoise its another story, I would almost blame the quality of the effects in Renoise but thats just frustration speaking :lol:

Ahah yer his mono voice made me retire from trying.

Fair enough. I think you would have to shove the sound through thousands of Compressors, Flangers, Distorters, Reverbs and Delays to obtain something nearly like in the video. In the video he also uses oscillators, I don’t think there is something like this in Renoise. The effects are also stronger.

Yeah well he basicly uses 2 saw waves since he doesn’t really uses the FrequencyModulation features Operater is famous for. So I tried it that way, with 2 tracks but I don’t come very close, it just misses that ‘punch’ and dynamics.

He doesn’t use anything in Live here that isn’t also in Renoise.

Urgh well im struggling with it anyways!

Its nice man, but nothing special or anything…
…I mean, I did this like 4 years ago but thought it was so boring I just threw the whole thing away.
I honestly don’t know what you were thinking uploading this useless thing…

Honestly tho’, sick work man. I’ve got a long road to go before I get all that routing down ^_^

Checking this now! Is the second link diffrent? Because it isnt working. But the first link works!

404 Error. <_<

BitArts submits the example, and then…

This is evil. You say YOU can’t do it, and then when BitArts does it you insult HIS work, when YOU couldn’t do it!

Absolutley Spot on BitArts - <3 Thank you so much for this! I feel more clear about the whole thing :D

I was making fun of noby, indeed, very evil of me :blush:

Yeah I got it but can see how people missed the second post.

Yes because I’m the one who is rude and childish towards other people :P but please let’s forget all of this and put it aside :)

And on the topic, that’s pretty nice. I’d maybe add some intense phaser there to diverse the sound further, and maybe also some slow panning thing with the ring modulator. One other thing was that I thought the delay was a bit too intense. Maybe send it to a sendtrack and make it go through a bandpass reacting to the amplitude of the signal. Still, nice work.

Oops yea I wrote things a about the delay kinda stupidly, but I think it’s too pointy as it is, and I’d make it more misty by not having as much high end in it. I do think though the phaser would work really well somewhere in it. And by panning I ocfourse meant autopan ;), just put the rate of the ringmod to like 1-5hz and reduce the ammount, that’s the way I like to make autopannings at least :)

I just finished up a stage of something using your Dubtechnochords BitArts. :)
Posted it here

main link here
Bitarts Dubtechnochords(Moonriders Rmx).Xrns

I’m going to use this as future reference.

i played around with it yesterday. it’s very nice but i need to have a closer look at it to wrap my head around it. :>

nice work!