Live Act with Renoise

stepseqdrehk2.png

Hello,
to create this new live act I have used Renoise and the Tools “Live Dive (Launchpad Edition)” and “DJ Crossfader”. As Hardware I am using two Launchpads Mini for controlling which of the patterns of a song to play, two Korg Nano Controls to mute/unmute and change the volume of each track and a M-Audio DJ Controller to mix between the Songs and prelisten the next patterns.
My aim is to mix between different songs in one Renoise instance, and mixing tracks of Song A to Song B and vice versa to get a nice transition. The preparations were quite big, but it worked for me…

I would be happy if you like to listen to it :slight_smile:

Soundcloud link:

http://soundcloud.com/cietechno/live-at-sceenfm-broque-radio-show-122014/s-yah6v

I have made a video how I am mixing the songs in each other:

:walkman:

The Soundcloud link is no good. I was signed in to Soundcloud but still get this:

Sorry! We can’t find that track.

Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
Maybe the track has been removed.

I can’t find it, either (also logged on), so probably an oversight. I am intrigued by the photo, though, and would love to see a video of you performing with that set-up! :slight_smile:

The Soundcloud link is no good. I was signed in to Soundcloud but still get this:

Sorry! We can’t find that track.

Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
Maybe the track has been removed.

I can’t find it, either (also logged on), so probably an oversight. I am intrigued by the photo, though, and would love to see a video of you performing with that set-up! :slight_smile:

Sorry for the wrong link, I have fixed it and it should work now :slight_smile:

@Mivo: I have recorded another live set at home on video and will cut the video and upload it soon

Works now, thanks! Haven’t listened to the full hour yet, but what I did hear sounded great – pretty much the kind of stuff I enjoy. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the video!

Works now, thanks! Haven’t listened to the full hour yet, but what I did hear sounded great – pretty much the kind of stuff I enjoy. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the video!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:
Video is in progress, I hope it will be finished on the weekend.

This is very interesting!

In fact I want to see a video of you using this configuration.

There’s one thing I don’t understand, you said you mix differents track but in one renoise instance.

I sometimes do mini mixes myself, but always with two instances of renoise.

Anyway, nice to see this, I really hope to see a video (of both your hands and your screen).

Cheers!

this looks really interesting, would love to see how you’ve done it. Set is sounding good too!

Great to see others using Renoise in live environments. This is from a few years back but this is my set up using Renoise at Glastonbury -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1R8ISqLxu4

I have now added a video which is a short excerpt from a session at home.

This is very interesting!

In fact I want to see a video of you using this configuration.

There’s one thing I don’t understand, you said you mix differents track but in one renoise instance.

I sometimes do mini mixes myself, but always with two instances of renoise.

Anyway, nice to see this, I really hope to see a video (of both your hands and your screen).

Cheers!

I am rendering the tracks of each song to samples and create a new song with all rendered tracks. Say Song A has 8 tracks and Song B has 8 tracks. In the new Song I am loading the rendered tracks of Song A and B; in the first 8 tracks the tracks from Song A, in the next 8 tracks the tracks from Song B. Then I am routing them to Send Track 1 and Send Track 2. With the help of the Tool “DJ Crossfader” I am now capable to crossfade between the two send tracks. If you add another send track (3 and 4) for each Song, you can prelistening to your mixing if you have a soundcard with multiple outs (and can route it to a headset). Please see the tools page for details and how to do it. Maybe I can add an example songfile the next days.

To create a whole live set I am then using the tool “Live Dive”, so that you can switch between the tracks of different patterns. You could seperate the songs to different patterns and so you can A/B crossfade between different songs.

The rendering and setting up the new song takes some time, but it works for me quite well.

this looks really interesting, would love to see how you’ve done it. Set is sounding good too!

thank you :slight_smile:

Great to see others using Renoise in live environments. This is from a few years back but this is my set up using Renoise at Glastonbury -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1R8ISqLxu4

Thank you, great video :slight_smile:

Ah! Very interesting video, and with commentary, nice!

And thank you for your explanations about how you do your live, I never thought of using renoise that way.

I hope to see more of people using renoise with external devices, it is inspiring.

I really wish more people would explain exactly what they are doing in their live demonstrations they way you did. This is awesome dude. Very cool! Hope to see/hear more from you.

Ah! Very interesting video, and with commentary, nice!

And thank you for your explanations about how you do your live, I never thought of using renoise that way.

I hope to see more of people using renoise with external devices, it is inspiring.

Thank you. If you need more information, just come back to me.

I really wish more people would explain exactly what they are doing in their live demonstrations they way you did. This is awesome dude. Very cool! Hope to see/hear more from you.

Thank you :slight_smile: There will be probably some finetuning in song selection and transition then :wink: