Metronome Volume

hi. the metronome defaults to as-loud-as-ever-you-can-play it, no matter if the master volume is a few notches from zero. can this be amended, please

How about actually having the Metronome button replaced with a Volume Knob…

sure, anything goes

+1

Seriously, I think that would be the best option. If the volume knob is at 0, there is no metronome. Turn it up to taste!

+1

+1 plus output option

Good to see you playing around in Renoise. ;) Let the world know if you finish any tunes with it.

Adjustable volume for the metronome would be great.

Perhaps it could also be assignable to a MIDI device.

Finally, create a folder for samples the metronome uses so the user can place whatever sample he/she wants for different click sounds. Then the use could access the samples, adjust the volume, adjust accent, etc.

Adjustable volume for the metronome would be great.

Perhaps it could also be assignable to MIDI devices.

Finally, designate a special folder (used by the metronome section in the preferences) for samples the metronome to use. This way, the user can place whatever sample he/she wants for the different click sounds. Then the user could access the samples, adjust the volume, adjust accent, etc.

This is one of those obvious features which should already be here, along with the record count in.

+1 for not becomming deaf by metronome

+1 ;)

can’t say I’ve ever used the metronome, but why not…+1 :)

For the time being, you can go into the Skin subfolder of the Renoise program folder and edit the Metronom.wav file to your preference. I have lowered its volume by 50% and I like it much better this way.

The metronome sound is a simple .wav file in the “Skin” folder of Renoise.
Simply load it up in a wave editor and change the volume ;)
(or replace it by a more friendly metronome sound)

Thats a solution, but a volume fader would be a useful quick fix. If not to script into renoise, then for us humble trackers.

I recently made a suggestion to use a rendered audioblock and play that as the Metronome, you can then define the sound of your metronome personally to your likings.

Or you could just take the metronome sample and lay it out 4/4 in its own track.

You can do anything you like with it then!

Bit long winded though…

Yes! Thats how I also do it.
Haven’t understand usage of metronome button.

If you ask from me, you can remote whole metronome function.

cAMEL :yeah:

+23!!!

Where can I vote?