Mutant Breaks #11 - VOTING (review and win a copy of Redux!)

(TheBellows) #61

Of course points counts. At this point, If you shared your .xrns, write all the reviews and win the poll, you can win. And if you used all native, but didn’t write the reviews and win the voting, you can win. Not everybody did the reviews. I wanted people to use all native and write the reviews. Is this unfair?

But if the points count then why doesn’t RedPanda win? He was the only one who had both xrns with native fx (5 point), reviews (3 points) and 3 votes (3 points). So if the points count, then i can’t see anyone else with an equal or higer score. Usual in contests the highest score wins, so i’m a buit confused.

(Conner_Bw) #62

PS: Too busy 9-to-5-ing but when I have a free hour I’ll link all the reviews, solicit, and figure out a random Redux winner. Aiming for Wednesday. If random already has Redux, then i’ll pitch in for a copy of Sononym. Random winner’s choice.

(TheBellows) #63

We have to finish this, and I can’t change the rules anymore…

But that is exactly what you just did imo. Isn’t there anyone else who agrees with me on this?

First you promise away points to those who uses only native effects, provides the xrns and writes a review, but then you suddenly decided to annulate these points and only judge by the amount of votes instead. Neither Sunnk or Stailer used only native effects according to your list above, so they both only got 8 points, while RedPanda has 11, followed by Vaeprism with 10 points.

I may of course have misunderstood something here, but i can’t fathom what that might be?

The rules are pretty clear in the original contest announcement:

VOTING

• Open vote : anyone - also non-contestants can vote for their favourite track. 1 vote / person

• Use only native Renoise DSP’s and track fx and share your .xrns file(s) to gain 5 extra points

• Share your .xrns file to gain 1 extra point

• Write a review about every entered track to gain 3 points

I feel i have no choice but to declare shenanigans! :panic: :w00t:

(Komu) #64

But if the points count then why doesn’t RedPanda win? He was the only one who had both xrns with native fx (5 point), reviews (3 points) and 3 votes (3 points). So if the points count, then i can’t see anyone else with an equal or higer score. Usual in contests the highest score wins, so i’m a buit confused.

Only vote winner gets points for votes. 5 points to the most voted one. When Stailer or Sunnk wins the votes, its 9 points and Redpanda and few others have 8 points.

(Komu) #65

All native + 5 points

All reviews + 3 points

Vote victory + 5 points

Vst used/shared .xrns + 1 point

If this is misleading, then I’m sorry, but I said it so I have to stick with it.

(TheBellows) #66

Only vote winner gets points for votes. 5 points to the most voted one. When Stailer or Sunnk wins the votes, its 9 points and Redpanda and few others have 8 points.

If so, then why is there nothing about this in the original contest announcement? How were we gonna be able to guess this?

(TheBellows) #67

If this is misleading, then I’m sorry, but I said it so I have to stick with it.

Well, i can’t say i have seen this anywhere, you have not written this in either the original announcement post or the voting post.

(Komu) #68

If so, then why is there nothing about this in the original contest announcement? How were we gonna be able to guess this?

I’m sorry. That was a long day.

(Komu) #69

I did not mention that 1 vote is 1 point either.

(TheBellows) #70

I’m sorry. That was a long day.

Don’t worry mate, i really appreciate your work and effort you put into this, and if everyone else thought the rules were clear enough that’s good enough for me. I still think it’s a pretty weird voting system, but if that’s the way the ball rolls i’ll roll with it.

I did not mention that 1 vote is 1 point either.

but that would have made a lot more sense and that is how MB used to work, so i wouldn’t characterize it as very far fetched to assume this. :wink:

Though the previous rounds did also have a twist with random elements.

(Komu) #71

Don’t worry mate, i really appreciate your work and effort you put into this, and if everyone else thought the rules were clear enough that’s good enough for me. I still think it’s a pretty weird voting system, but if that’s the way the ball rolls i’ll roll with it.

Yeah maybe its not the best one, but I’m not a professional for making competitions. :slight_smile:

(Mannaz230) #72

Is there Ozone on the exported track?

Aye, as much Ozone for the final master as there was Serum used to create samples and stuff! I did use VSTs while making the track but I ripped them all out and replaced everything with native FX and bounced all the synths into samples so it could be played natively.

But hey if the difference between first place is just on a technicality like this, it’s totally cool with me if Stailer gets it!

(Komu) #73

Hey how about two winners? Stailer and Sunnk still battles for “the best track” title and Redpanda wins the “points and effort” title. Both gets the video! :walkman:

(stailer) #74

Hey ! Ok for me… But i want my Redux copy if i win ! :wink:

But hey if the difference between first place is just on a technicality like this, it’s totally cool with me if Stailer gets it!

Thx very much Mannaz !

(Komu) #75

Komu - Dawn Of A New Beginning
i like the intro, its so smooth, dawn looks quite promising, for me the song gives feeling that something heavy have dropped from shoulders and it is time to move on finally, well-balanced composition

[/i]

Those were my feelings when I was composing the track. :slight_smile:

Hey ! Ok for me… But i want my Redux copy if i win !

I can’t get you the Redux. :frowning:

(Mannaz230) #76

Redux was for the best review, wasn’t it? How are we voting for that?

Lots of quality tracks here and congratz to everyone who entered…

Favorite track, I voted for sunnk - heat death

It left me feeling I had been repeatedly punched in the face, had my wallet stolen and left a wake of small children crying.

It is relentless which kind of sums up Global Warming for me.

This made me burst out laughing at a bus stop and people looked at me so I guess this has got to be my favourite.

Also shout out to Abissus’ review post that contained so many puns it was like reading a different language.

(Komu) #77

Okay. Online again!
But the votes are gone?? :tired_face:

(Komu) #78

Here is the update and WINNERS:

MBC #11

Congrats to our winners!
And I want to thank you all, great tracks, great people! :slight_smile:

(ABįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ) #79

(sodiufas) #80

Who is the winner? I lost track with that new froum thing :slight_smile: