Mutant Breaks #6

oh well, a stupid little song from me. no breaks. here’s the xrns

Hi,
this is my short rapid mutation track,
xrns file @buy link

or here
mediafire
So far, nice tracks !

Please switch the download flag to on. (For you and everyone else participating) Thanks!

Here is my Mutation!!! = D

XRNS: raegaemutant.xrns

DEADLINE ACCOMPLISHED! NO MORE SUBMISSIONS.

Check back in a few hours for the vote pack.

I wasn’t aware that you were making a votepack so i uploaded a wav instead of an mp3. Here’s the mp3 if it makes it easier for you: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9bp515cstbcpu91/Molecular%20Swing.mp3

thread got comic sans’d!

that’s not funny, how do i change it back?

:drummer: 26 tracks! :drummer:

VOTEPACK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aKt6lGxb0GNTRvZmJzOW9PaDQ/edit?usp=sharing
VOTE SPREADSHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtaKt6lGxb0GdDV2UHZ4dUhGcWF6ci1VRm04M2RWNXc&usp=sharing

• Participants must vote for 3 tracks by writing their votes in this thread.
  • Participants who don’t vote before December 20th are disqualified.
  • Anyone who votes for my track is disqualified.

GO!

Now that is a lot of music! Will make my rock 'n roll co-workers very, very, very happy tomorrow.

Hello,

I will ask for a little.

I made ​​sure my songs in the vote pack now.

…It is supposed to be the sound of some bad.

It is to sound different from the one I made.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8no4ypos1pet0a6/for_Mutant%20Breaks%206.zip

why? :(

Taiji, to keep the xrns at small size all the samples of the tracks were converted to ogg format…

Should have went with my original track I started that was going to be straight up metal.

In a Mutant Breaks competition you should be using the MP3/OGG folder to judge, or decide based on what you heard in this thread.

The XRNS folder is just proof that it was done in Renoise. Nothing more. It’s the least important aspect of MBC. People should contact you if they want a higher quality version. (Or download the links you posted yourself).

Hope this answers your question?

Yes. This!

hey Conner Bw, i have some suggestion for future mutant break competitions …
minimum vst used in the xrns, and if so make it with simple freeware… in the days of old era trackers we didn’t have “problem” like this … i know times has changed and i understand it, but it’s a little bit of :(/> when you load a track and you can’t hear 50-60% of it becuase of missing plugins…

this is only my opinion ofcourse, id be happy to know what you think about it

Sure. Start your own contest! :)

Mutant breaks has been going on for 6 years.

The first 2 had celebrity judges voting from their iPods who didn’t use Renoise and never saw the XRNS (or give two shits about Renoise or trackers).

The next one, I was too lazy get judges so instead everyone who entered was assigned a number and I rolled a dice while taking a sauna.

The next 3 was arbitrary voting process, more and more absurd every year.

XRNS quality does not decide the winner. This is not changing. Sorry. :(

Thank you for letting me answer!

I was the ignorance… I’m sorry.

Thank you for letting me know also Burital ^_^

I’m voting for:

• Sodiufas: those massive DSP chains are truly awesome. Incredible work, something not from this world.
  • dfast: what a beautiful song! Nice mix of trackerish sounds and warm guitars.
  • Taiji: pretty simple, yet fun and enjoyable. Love those square synth melodies.

Besides that, some more works I enjoyed:

Click to view contents
  • f+d+k: I can feel some nice vibes in here, something similar to Boards of Canada. Too bad it’s unfinished :(
  • mars.64: really good drum programming, deep and mysterious atmosphere.
  • msymiakos: pure jungle vibes. Nice breaks chopping, that’s how it should sound like.

Thanks Conner for organizing ze g0od times.

…in no particular order…

1. sodiufas - pillarsofcreation

2. KMaki - No ends in o

3. lwpss - 01 bus rides make me sleepy

4. For me, this really captures that Cyberpunk sound.

5. Sounds like the daily grind and the effort in trying to arrive at an organized
    peace of mind before sleep/repair mode.

6. I’ve been observing trap music in the greater 808 music category, which was
    influential in the vote. It was this or Carbonthief’s “Just a Taste” which had
    some nice pads. For me, this sounded like classic 808 music. Minimal and clear.

I actually had this in my vote list prior to the vote-pack, because it reminded me of
Blade Runner (higher pitched melody to be specific and the telephone like ringing).
…if the replicants manufactured a kid and never told it was a replicant…
there’s a story in there somewhere.
Don’t ask, its just how pseudo-random frequencies generate visuals in my mind.

Among many good tunes my votes goes to:

• Carbonthief - Just a Taste (Lovely mellow sounds)
  • Chunter - Forever Waiting (Nice soothing stereo tune)
  • Burital - Miki Higashino_Yie Ar Kung-Fu Theme (Burital Refix) (Ahhh, takes me back +20 years)

:walkman: