Mutant Breaks Competition #15: Mix it up and make some friends!

I see Corb, Ishineee, H3adl3ss, HeartBeatHero, Jek, and Lneheb found their way over to the discord server.

Just to make sure, have MrZensphere @Fabrice @BriocheBaps @Raegae @dspasic and @Skolskoly been able to establish contact with their teammates yet?

Anyway, if people feel like it they can share their progress on the Discord, or here in the thread, I suppose.

2 Likes

we are in touch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes we had a vocal chat yesterday H3ADL3SS and me :handshake:

1 Like

Excellent! I’m happy to hear that.

i guess i have established some contact with MrZensphere through the forums, not sure if he would join the discord server, since he didn’t reply to my messages yet.

1 Like

The discord certainly isn’t mandatory. Just as long as you guys are in contact and get the project on its way. Though I suppose MrZensphere is kind of busy at the moment performing at the sacred earth festival. But as he is such a regular forum dweller here I’m sure things will work out fine.

We have made connection

2 Likes

Just checking in, how things are going a week in? Everyone well on their way?

I had a bit of set-back with an unexpectedly busy week. That’ll improve by coming Wednesday. Hopefully by then I will have more of an handle on what I want to contribute to our track. I’m hearing things in @supercomputer60s ideas, but I haven’t really been able to capture them yet. That’s part of the challenge and fun of course. Making wildly different ideas work.

Anyway, I hope you’ll are faring well!

2 Likes

nooooo im late :frowning:

oh well. been super busy moving, anyways. very little time. dont even have a sound system atm, blew my sub before i left and havent gotten a new one yet lol

will still be tuning in to listen, tho. :slight_smile:
certainly a really interesting concept, too. cant wait to hear the tracks you guys come up with!

1 Like

Aw, it would have been lovely to have you on board Kara. Next time!

Did you do anything special when you blew your sub? As in, was it worth it?

1 Like

I’m curious what genre mashups people are doing… anyone care to share?
@ishineee and I are doing hitech synthwave :grin: should be interesting lol

2 Likes

Haha :grin: I’m curious about too!

About me and @H3ADL3SS we are currently on a track merging orchestral + breakbeat + chiptune + metal
(this could change yet, but we are on the way)

3 Likes

heh. totally worth it, lmao. it was on its last leg anyways, and i had to have some fun irritating the neighbors before i left, so now my sub rests in peace… lol

it did a great job and lived a good life, it died proud. i can only hope that i have the luxury to go out the same way some day - as an immediate electrical fire hazard still trying to keep the beat.

anyways, i may not be participating but my ears are perked. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO :drummer:

2 Likes

Senseiprod is busy at the minute, so we’re slow off the mark.

After a brief chat, ive sent him something to chew on, Macedonian folk music sample, 606 drums in a techno/hip hop style, a few samples of a grime artist and a bass guitar. F knows what hes gonna make of it, but its certainly a collage of genres lol.

3 Likes

Macedonian folk grime sounds promising :thinking:

1 Like

Cool! I’m liking what you all are bashing together. Very,very interested in hearing the results!

Supercomputer60s and I decided to make “horror techno”. I got kinda stuck with our initial musical idea. So I started fresh with some of SuperComputer’s contributions. And I feel we are firmly on our way now.

Interesting side note, turns out that if you slow down techno rhythms and drench them in reverb with all manner of clanging sounds you get kind of a dark, scary trip-hop, gangster rap vibe. Who knew.

lol sounds like a good way to go, indeed.

1 Like

Cooking up a storm with Corb. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Digging that image HearBeatHero! Looking forward to hearing it.

1 Like

The deadline is looming. How is everyone progressing?