New Tool (2.7 & 2.8): Slices To Pattern

why can’t i find this on the tool page.
This is such a great tool. everybody should know :ph34r:

erm…this doesnt work with 2.8.2? i installed the tool and it doesnt show at the tools section…edit…the people who can read…this works flawlessly, many thx for that!

There’s a 2.8.2?!

Bugfix release mainly for OS X Mavericks users who had problems with their plugins crashing.

No new features.

Sorry to hijack the thread like this, but where could I find the 2.8.2 whatsnew/changeslog? (I’m using OSX Mavericks)

great tool!!

FR… for this working in R3’s Phrase editor, please oh please.

this would be super-lush… although, there’s a shortcut for “pattern selection to phrase”…

Im not at my comp now so cant check my R3 beta but has this feature been implemented into ver.3?

Does this work in Renoise 3? Maybe I’m not doing it correctly. Where is the beat sync part of the instrument found?

Thanks dudes

Works fine in R3, beat sync is in the sample properties, Sampler tab, left side of screen. Remember you also have to set the first note in pattern.

Thanks a lot for making this! :drummer:/>

thank you dBlue

Can a hack be made where you take the delay column values of one sliced beat and apply these to the internal structure of another beat? Quantizing one sound to the other…

I.o.w extract a kind of groove template based on the detected transients of one sound, auto-slice another sound and now move the sounds in the other beat according to the stored template. The result should be a new sample,

As the amount of detected slices will most probably variate between sounds, work with proportions?

Can a hack be made (…)

Can you learn some Lua and finally start making your own tools? :slight_smile:

Hehe.

Anyway, that does sound like a cool feature. I’ve had various similar ideas in mind for a while. This tool is definitely long overdue for a major upgrade, but it’s tough to find the time and motivation for these things. We’ll see.

Can you learn some Lua and finally start making your own tools? :slight_smile:

At the moment I rather spend time making music, than learning something new like Lua, though lately motivation is definitely increasing. I’m already browsing through tool content in the terminal, trying to understand the logic, something is bound to stick after a while :slight_smile: .

…but it’s tough to find the time and motivation for these things. We’ll see.

No worries, just throwing out ideas as always, anyone reading may take the challenge :wink:

i have some drum loops recorded at 130 bpm that i would like to use in my 140 bpm song. is this how i change the drum wav file to match my songs 140 bpm beat? or is there an easier way to time-stretch the wav file from 130 bmp to 140 bmp?

i have some drum loops recorded at 130 bpm that i would like to use in my 140 bpm song. is this how i change the drum wav file to match my songs 140 bpm beat? or is there an easier way to time-stretch the wav file from 130 bmp to 140 bmp?

There are timestretch tools ( http://www.renoise.com/tools/rubberband-timestretch-pitch-shift ), but the most easy thing to have your loops match different bpm’s is using the beatsync setting in the sample properties of the sampler tab in the instrument editor. You can set the amount of lines you want to have a sample synced to…

Haven’t had time to do a lot of Renoising lately, but I just want to thank dBlue from the bottom of my heart for this tool. It is categorically my favourite tool ever! So… thanks!