New Tool (2.8): Guru

I had some free time and decided to put together a synth definition for the Novation Bass Station II.

Would appreciate anybody who has a BS II doing some testing. So far everything seems to work properly and the default values seem to be pretty accurate compared to the init patch on the hardware itself.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.severeddigit.ca/software/novation_bass_station_II.lua

As far as the UI, I had one issue I ran into.

How do I make the slider default to “0” in the UI for say this parameter (seems I can only get -1 or 1):

Parameter {
id = "osc_1_fine",
name = "Fine",
type = "cc",
number = 26,
default_value = 64,
display_min_value = -100,
display_max_value = 100
}
1 Like

How are you guys running Guru in v3.1.1?
Tried now, installed Guru v1.7 in 3.1.1 on MacOS Sierra, but every time I try to load a synth definition (one of the built-in ones) in Guru, Renoise just freezes…

How are you guys running Guru in v3.1.1?
Tried now, installed Guru v1.7 in 3.1.1 on MacOS Sierra, but every time I try to load a synth definition (one of the built-in ones) in Guru, Renoise just freezes…

Working fine for me on Win10.

Ok thanks. I’ll try on my Win7 station :stuck_out_tongue:
But my biggest question I guess is - can the parameters in guru / the synth definitions be automated? Or is it just for importing, creating, saving patches? If so i’ll just stick to my midi doofers and sysex apps :slight_smile:

If anybody is willing to make some synth definitions for me id be willing to gift money to them via paypal, am looking for Access virus c, yamaha fs1r and novation super bass station.

If anybody is willing to make some synth definitions for me id be willing to gift money to them via paypal, am looking for Access virus c, yamaha fs1r and novation super bass station.

I would totally be into that but I think I would likely need the hardware to test on in order to make a worthwhile go of it. I’ll have a look at some of the midi charts for these though and see if maybe it’s not as bad as I think. Maybe I can even find someone in Vancouver with the hardware to lend me.

I would totally be into that but I think I would likely need the hardware to test on in order to make a worthwhile go of it. I’ll have a look at some of the midi charts for these though and see if maybe it’s not as bad as I think. Maybe I can even find someone in Vancouver with the hardware to lend me.

Then novation super bass station would be by far the simplest,the virus next then the fs1r.these would be really valuable to me nd I keep my word,if u want to make an attempt at it let me know nd we can discuss the money nd whatnot,cheers.

Then novation super bass station would be by far the simplest,the virus next then the fs1r.these would be really valuable to me nd I keep my word,if u want to make an attempt at it let me know nd we can discuss the money nd whatnot,cheers.

I was thinking the super bass station might be the easiest to take a crack at as well. I’ll have a look for the midi docs this weekend and get back to you.

yeah sure, what do you need?

Oh snap!

Just started using this. I’ve begun a definition file for the Modal SKULPT synth (http://www.modalelectronics.com/skulpt/).

Typing stuff out is a bit tedious : ) but this is just amazing. Even with just a few params defined it’snow trivial to tweak and create new settings.

Thank you @cornbeast !

Once I get a little further with the Skulpt I need to hack on one for the Korg VolcaFM (unless someone beat me to it).

Hi,
made a Super Bass Station layout…

GURU - Super Bass Station

2 Likes

hello!! does anyone have a guru definition for waldorf blofeld? seems there was a file here but apparently it has been taken down. thank you!!! :))

sent you pm

1 Like

Hi, i’ve uploaded the synth definitions (lua scripts) for the Waldorf Blofeld to github.

large editor window

small editor window (more tabs):

1 Like

Hey, so nice to see people still having use for this old tool, and amazing that it still works :slight_smile:

Cornbeast

4 Likes

yes we are use it!

Now i really want to make the Bass Station Rack panel…

but i cant get the right values…
the sysex would be this for the Rack:
sysex_message_template = {0xF0, 0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x01, 0x02, 0x22, 0x70, 0xF7},

source: Single sound SysEx format

Byte # Data Function
0 0xF0 SysEx start
1 0x00 Novation ID (0x00, 0x20, 0x29)
2 0x20 -""-
3 0x29 -""-
4 0x01 Model (0x01 = synth)
5 0x02 Type (0x01=Keyboard 0x02=Rack)
6 0x22 Type of data (0x22 = Single sound)
7-70 0x0n Sound data (64 half bytes)
71 0xF7 End of SysEx

and the problem is the controller numbers is like this:
Byte #(:Bit) Function:
26:0 LFO waveform=Triangle
26:1 LFO waveform=Sawtooth
26:2 LFO waveform=Random

26:3 Filter type 0=24dB, 1=12dB

26:4 Filter Mod. Src 1=Env, 0=LFO

please someone can help me about this old issue? @Cornbeast

Thank you and cheers

1 Like

i see you cant handle the sysex… i have the same problem with the Bass Station Rack…

any idea?

Hey, I found a folder of my old GURU scripts! They might be online soon… I’m not surprised people are still using this. IT SHOULD BE NATIVE!!!

3 Likes