New Tool (3.0): CDP lua tool

Just a quick question - should we replace the definitions.lua file with @Djeroek update definitions files?

Maybe for now you could put the file inside the CDP progs folder together with all the process .exe’s, the user definitions file put there will ‘overwrite’ (sort of) what is inside the actual tool definitions. Done this way as installing a new version of the tool would erase possible made additions or changes inside the tools definitions. Keeping the user definitions separate makes sure they aren’t affected.

Though I think there were only a few minor changes made compared to what comes with the latest tool install, the grain stuff didn’t work when opening the tool on very small, short sounds. If you don’t plan on using those effects or simply close and open the tool gui on a longer sound it should open without problems.

Cool - thanks for that.

A query / request - I’m wondering if there is a way to spawn a notepad for creating a breakpoint file? So many of these functions seem to need it.

Not yet, but that’s a nice request, would be useful until a more native Renoise solution is realized. Maybe you misunderstood, just to be clear; functions don’t necessarily need breakpoint files, these are optional, use them if you’d want to create parameter change over time.

Some processes do need data input through text files, these are opened through the same toggles and are always the first parameter in the gui. If there are more toggles present in the same definition, you can bet the others are optional to load breakpoint files.

OK that’s good to know.

Are the Pitch functions working for anyone?
I’ve been trying to pitch down some sounds with the “Pitch Transpose without moving formants” functions and getting the “An output file was not produced - Check your settings” error along with the “Application doesn’t work with this infile error”

I get the exact same error here with a mono .wav 44khz/16bits file

but according to the manual there more than one step to do this. I am not sure if this CDP interface can’t achieve those steps.

«1.extract the pitch of the analysis-file source (REPITCH GETPITCH, producing a binary pitch data file .frq),
2.combine (REPITCH COMBINE, Mode 1) this with your new pitch data file (a .frq made with REPITCH GENERATE) to 3.generate a transposition file .trn (.frq + .frq = .trn) and then apply the transposition data (.trn) to the original analysis-file (REPITCH TRANSPOSE, Mode 4).»

One thing I’ve noticed:

If I do anything that requires analysis, I end up with an error.

Something along the lines of:

ERROR: Can’t open file
/tmp/Renoise-0-24766/Renoise_TmpFile-0.55.ana to read data.

When looking in my tmp directory (in the particular case of this error), I saw:
Renoise_TmpFile-0-52.txt

Wrong extension, wrong filename

Wondering how I could go about fixing these issues

Aight, I’ve updated the user definitions to include what doesn’t work (yet) in the title of the preset, (might have missed a few only checked additional needed repitch or audio inputs), but extract and put this file in your _cfprogs directory together with all the process .exe’s;

5049 user_definitions.rar

What pitch transpose isn’t working, what is the complete process name? If it is pitch altharms or pitch octmove these indeed don’t work yet as they need a repitch input.

yep, you read correctly, just as the pvoc based processes need an audio file to be converted to a .ana files first, the repitch processes need to have a pitch data file generated. Unlike the pvoc fft processes, this isn’t supported yet.

Please read first post of thread about known install issues and how to fix;

Happen all the time, with any preset, im on Mavericks 10.9.3

Yeah it was pitch octmove. New definitions gives a clear picture of what works and what doesn’t. :yeah:

Thanks again!
][oyd

Thanks, that’s about the nicest thing anyone could say! I’m really glad it worked out :)

Your post really made my day!

hi. i’m thick, so bear with me.
what is “select path to CDP executables” on OSX Mavericks? I mean, where are they supposed to be? I did install it, and can start distort on the shell, but wouldn’t have the foggiest about the location.
edit: okay, the solution was to type set in terminal and see that they’re at
/Users/esaruoho/cdpr7/_cdp/_cdprogs

now however, I’m getting “An output file was not produced - Check your settings” :)/> i have a feeling it’s somewhere in this thread

well, i can confirm that i can use Distort with the script!

incidentally, what if the right-mouse context in SampleEditor would allow for launching the script, under Process
->CDP? :)

Firstly, thanks for putting this together because it’s awesome!

Secondly I just had a crash when switching between exes. It gave me this;

std::logic_error: 'ViewBuilder: invalid value for slider: '0.613333'. value must be [1 - 1.22667].'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: in function 'slider'  
 main.lua:618: in function 'build_arg_params_row'  
 main.lua:749: in function 'build_args_column'  
 main.lua:803: in function <798><br>
  [C]: ?<br>
  [C]: in function '__newindex'<br>
  [string "do..."]:22: in function <br>
  main.lua:780: in function <777><br>```

<br>
<br>
Followed by this one;<br>
<br>

```<br>std::logic_error: 'ViewBuilder: trying to remove a view which was not added to the calling parent view.'<br>
stack traceback:<br>
  [C]: in function 'remove_child'<br>
  main.lua:782: in function <777><br>```

<br>
<br>
I'm on a 64-bit mac running 32-bit renoise.</777></777></798>

[quote=“Fairweather, post:194, topic:41466”]
Firstly, thanks for putting this together because it’s awesome!

Secondly I just had a crash when switching between exes. It gave me this;

std::logic_error: 'ViewBuilder: invalid value for slider: '0.613333'. value must be [1 - 1.22667].'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: in function 'slider'  
 main.lua:618: in function 'build_arg_params_row'  
 main.lua:749: in function 'build_args_column'  
 main.lua:803: in function <798><br>
  [C]: ?<br>
  [C]: in function '__newindex'<br>
  [string "do..."]:22: in function <br>
  main.lua:780: in function <777><br>```

<br>
<br>
Followed by this one;<br>
<br>

```<br>std::logic_error: 'ViewBuilder: trying to remove a view which was not added to the calling parent view.'<br>
stack traceback:<br>
  [C]: in function 'remove_child'<br>
  main.lua:782: in function <777><br>```

<br>
<br>
I'm on a 64-bit mac running 32-bit renoise.<br>[/quote]<br>
<br>
Do you remember which process you got this bug from?<br>
<br>
This is a known error.<br>
<br>
It happened because the range isn't set correct in the tool definition, according to the CDP manual it has 1 as minimal value, but if you try to use the effect on a sound that is actually smaller in length than this minimum, it'll show the bug. Close the tool gui, use the same process on a longer sound and you wont get the error. <br>
<br>
Or, If you have the scripting terminal enabled, you could open up the user definition, ctrl+f = search for the particular process that is buggy and change min = 1, to min = 0 for the parameter.<br>
<br>
If you know which process had this bug I can also fix it, collect more inevitable range bugs and paste a new user_definition file here.</777></777></798>

Thanks a lot (!) for this cool GUI wrapper for CDP. Makes CDP usage so much easier and provides a huge playground for sounddesign. Keep up the good work !

What about Linux? Can you help me to get it work please :-)?
Ubuntu 14.04 / 64bit system and apps.

All I know is there are linux sources that can be downloaded here;

www.unstablesound.net/downloads/CDPrelease7src-linuxbeta.tar.gz

But I’m not sure if you have to be a pro programmer to get this compiled into something usable, maybe ask somewhere on the official forum for support?

I compiled it on Ubuntu studio. I had the issues I mentioned in my earlier post. Haven’t looked much more into it.

You had problems with CDP not being able to read the .ana files right? I don’t know how it is done in Linux, but on windows you need to set a environment variable somewhere in the configuration. Maybe you can do something similar in Ubuntu?

Read; CDP7: Error analysing sound files with PVOC process