New Tool (3.0): CDP lua tool

Crap.

Looks like the Yosemite upgrade broke the environment variable thingy on MacOS. Can’t get the blur, spec, hilite etc. working no matter what. Any ideas? :frowning: Anyone on Yosemite running it? I managed to fix it before but not this time:

Check this;

http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum/index.php?topic=47.0

Check this;

http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum/index.php?topic=47.0

Yup, got it figured out after. Thanks :smiley:

Updated to v0.5

5397 Screenshot 2014-12-07 20.19.03.png

Main changes are that practically all CDP processes are now supported (aside from a few multi-channel ones) also you can now use Renoise instrument envelopes for processes that take a breakpoint input.

There are also a few tweaks to the user interface and improvements under the hood.

Bigups to Djeroek for all the support behind the scenes and for making all the process definitions, this tool would not exist without his input :yeah:

Cheers :slight_smile:

EDIT: Latest version is now on Tools page:http://www.renoise.com/tools/cdp-interface

Awesome job, guys! You rock.

Updated to v0.5

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2014-12-07 20.19.03.png

Main changes are that practically all CDP processes are now supported (aside from a few multi-channel ones) also you can now use Renoise instrument envelopes for processes that take a breakpoint input.

There are also a few tweaks to the user interface and improvements under the hood.

Bigups to Djeroek for all the support behind the scenes and for making all the process definitions, this tool would not exist without his input :yeah:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Been a bit busy to use this as much as it deserves, but it’s a huge update nevertheless. Pure gold :yeah:

Hey guys,

I’ve been doing some sound design tutorials on my blog recently using the CDP tool. It is pretty basic stuff but it could maybe give a couple ideas or pick your interest about trying out the CDP tool. Anyways, I’d love to hear what you all think about it, so check it out and let me know!

http://vorpalsound.com/?tag=cdp

Thanks again to afta8 for this amazing tool.

I think this is great!

Nice to see how you are using CDP and how you iterate through processes to get the final sounds. Keep up the blog and thanks for posting :slight_smile:

can somebody get last cdp and user definition that work for him in one post please?
I didnt have any problem with first version but i cant get updated version to work with windows 7 32bit.

If it wont help i will make screenshots of my problems, thanks!

can somebody get last cdp and user definition that work for him in one post please?
I didnt have any problem with first version but i cant get updated version to work with windows 7 32bit.

If it wont help i will make screenshots of my problems, thanks!

You don’t have to use the definition file from the first post in this thread anymore, don’t need to do any manual copying/pasting besides the tool install, the latest definition file comes installed with the newest tool version above. What doesn’t work for you? Do some definitions work, others don’t, give more details please.

Thanks. When i dont copy user_definitions, cdp tool looks finally normal. But i still get this output and file is not produced:

C:\Users\Akiz\AppData\Local\Temp\Renoise-0-1584\Renoise_TmpFile-0-3.ana to read data.

Hey Akiz, have you tried this step?

“The usual cause of this error message is that the environment variable CDP_SOUND_EXT has not been defined (to wav). This can be done via Control Panel->System Settings->Advanced->Environment Variables.”

I´ve tried it but with user_definitions, so i will try it without and report back. Thank you.

It is:
Control panel - System - Advanced system settings - Environment Envirables

And it has helped somehow, almost everything works now but some things (reverb for example) still writes “output was not produced check your info” but it doesnt write anything more and it can be just my fault, i will test it more tommorow .
But thank you very much, it works much better now.

It is:
Control panel - System - Advanced system settings - Environment Envirables

And it has helped somehow, almost everything works now but some things (reverb for example) still writes “output was not produced check your info” but it doesnt write anything more and it can be just my fault, i will test it more tommorow .
But thank you very much, it works much better now.

You’re right, reverb exe plus a few other cdp programs coming with the install are buggy by default. The cdp devs released a zip on the forum containing fixed versions, overwrite the old ones with these. Check for more info;http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum/index.php?topic=14.0

This was an error of mine in building on Mingw without including “static linking” of the C++ runtime.

We will get some new distribution channel going for individual updates as soon as we can; in the meantime I have put a zip with new builds of the affected programs on my Bath Uni server here:

http://people.bath.ac.uk/masrwd/r7PCrebuilds.zip

I just upgraded to v0.5, and I too get the “An output file was not produced - Check your settings” message.

My settings:

• WIndows 7

• Exe path is set toC:\VSTPlugins\CDP_cdp

• System environment variables hasCDP_SOUND_EXT set to “wav”

I just upgraded to v0.5, and I too get the “An output file was not produced - Check your settings” message.

My settings:

• WIndows 7

• Exe path is set toC:\VSTPlugins\CDP_cdp

• System environment variables hasCDP_SOUND_EXT set to “wav”

Have you tried reinstalling the tool? It can sometimes mess up the process directory somehow. If that doesn’t work try deleting “Preferences.xml” file in CDP folder under “User/Library/Preferences/Renoise/v3.0.1/Scripts/Tools/” directory and re-running the tool.

Have you tried reinstalling the tool? It can sometimes mess up the process directory somehow. If that doesn’t work try deleting “Preferences.xml” file in CDP folder under “User/Library/Preferences/Renoise/v3.0.1/Scripts/Tools/” directory and re-running the tool.

Thanks for the quick reply, emre_k.

I upgraded to 3.01. Then removed the tool and reinstalled it. Then deleted the Preferences.xml file. None of the measures helped, unfortunately.

Just to be sure, when you start the plugin for the first time you enter the path to the CDP program files. Which one is the correct one?

• \CDP\

-\CDP_cdp

• \CDP_cdp_cdprogs

Not near my computer now but it should be the folder you keep the user definition exe’s you’ve downloaded. Also according to the first post even that shouldn’t be necessary now as it says “latest definitions automatically included in install of the tool”. So in your case I’m clueless :smiley: But I’m sure afta8 or djeroek can help you once they pop in.

\CDP_cdp_cdprogs

this one.

this one.

Thanks. Now I get:

“CDP Release 7 2014
Insufficient parameters on command line.”

Edit:

Isloate gives

“ERROR: INTERNAL ERROR: (Bug?)
ERROR: Failed to parse input file 0”

Filterbank1 Harmonic gives:

“ERROR: INVALID DATA
ERROR: Can’t open file 5000 to read data.”

While others again list the man page for the program.