New Tool (3.1): Paketti (now compatible with Renoise v3-v3.4.4)

here’s a couple of new things. KeyBindings for Paketti specific KeyBindings, and “all Renoise & all tool KeyBindings” dialog

these are multiplatform so work on macOS, Windows and Linux. unfortunately KeyBindings.xml is only updated on quit of Renoise, so i can’t offer dynamic updates.

@Lytz1

wait… i think i finally get what you’re saying. so you want it to not really be editstep, but to be “match-to-note-step”.

i.e. if there’s 6 notes in the pattern on that track, you go from the first note to the 2nd note, 3rd note, 4th note, 5th note, 6th note, while staying in the effect column.

if i understand this correctly, please could you confirm? it sounds like a great idea.

two midiknobs, one shifts the selected sample forwards, the other backwards.
hows this for offset

shortcut for stripping silence.
strip sielnce

shortcut for moving beginning silence to end.
bolt beginning to end

2 Likes

thanks to the donations i have been getting for Paketti, I was able to get a midi controller with pads, so i am now fixing dozens of MidiMappings to work on is:trigger. meaning now there’s midimappings for adding a vst, vst3, audiounit, ladspa, dssi device to selected track (or selected sample fx chain), or loading your plugin of choice to a new instrument slot.

2 Likes

PAKETTI the GOAT tool for renoise!
:pray:

3 Likes

thanks for the nice meme!

hi, here’s a bunch of preferences dialogs (3) - there’s way more but these might show some inkling of what Paketti can now do.

2 Likes

improvements to the paketti gater, which has volume, retrig, backwards, panning.
and output displaying (using only effect columns -there are other configs)

some of you might get a kick out of this feature… it allows you to select a track’s patterns in pattern matrix and draw a long automation across those, to selected automation lane.

Multi-pattern Automation drawing via Pattern Matrix selection

center->top->center->bottom->center exp curves

multipattern panning linear automation

3 Likes

here’s the current list of impulse tracker shortcuts in Paketti.

this new Paketti feature is from C64 trackers written by Aleksi Eeben, Heatbeat/CNCD. i was hitting him up for ideas and he said that PollyTracker, JohnPlayer and Quantum SoundTracker all have this “Replicate at Cursor” feature…

So I’ve added it to Paketti.

check out a video with audio

yes. everytime you shoot one of the two flavors of it ( Replicate at Cursor for All Tracks or Replicate at Cursor for Selected Track) it starts looping the pattern content from where the cursor is.
i can’t quite put to words how powerful this is and how fun it is.
hope you get through the video.

2 Likes

grouper

here’s something that was requested by @Jalex in the renoise forums back in 2011.

quick&useful.

2 Likes

is it different from shift+g in the pattern editor?

what’s that shortcut called, @Jonas

ah, apparently it is a tool I once installed which groups a selection in the pattern editor :slight_smile: , thought it was native since it feels so natural and obvious.

edit;

I think it is this tool; Group Selected Tracks | Renoise

1 Like

thanks for letting me know it’s a tool. i’ve added it as a shortcut to Paketti, and it, yes, does definitely feel like it should be there by default :slight_smile:
another “I can’t believe Native Renoise doesn’t have this” moment.

also @Jonas thanks a lot for pointing me to the tool, since i can now do the “Pattern Matrix” selection idea posted in the thread:
New Tool (2.8): Selected Tracks To Group - #9 by joule by @joule

and i already, last night, fixed the “errors out if master or send track is selected” because it made sense (your report i saw on made me smile since i had already thought about that error New Tool (2.8): Selected Tracks To Group - #8 by Jonas )

anyway, interesting stuff. also noted i need to preserve group state so if i select this:

it shouldn’t end up like this:

nice. i’ll first tackle the pattern matrix.

2 Likes

here’s editstep added to PlayerPro. you can modify editstep at any point in time with ur editstep shortcuts (or the Paketti midimapping for 0-64 editstep → then result:

playerpro tweak editstep

1 Like

where do i find this?

I will send u a build over dm.

here’s something new:

Pick any automation parameter from automation view, turn a knob assigned to ”control value of selected automation parameter”.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 10.11.21

1 Like

modified it so that if there’s a selection in automation, then it writes there
record automation selection

1 Like