New Tool (3.1): Paketti (now compatible with Renoise v3-v3.4.4)

hi. here’s a few things you might find of interest.
math of selecting the first half of selected slice or sample. or the last half of it.
select first or last half

a completely new default XRNI method for Paketti Clean Render, Paketti PitchBend instrument loader, Paketti PitchBend DrumKit Loader

a Save as Flac + Save as WAV shortcut

Midi Mappings for selecting Track, Instrument, Octave, EditStep

Feature: Flood Fill Note & Instrument with Edit Step - this takes the Edit Step and fits the currently selected line note + instrument to it, or if you have a multi-track selection, it will take the current row and fill the selection with the note+instrument using editstep.

Selected Device parameter randomizer shortcut (and for all devices in track, and for selected plugin, or all plugins

Paketti Midi Controlled Volume, Panning, Delay, Sample FX Column “visiblizer + modifier”

Move Slice +10/-10/+100/-100 (sliceStart, sliceEnd)

Randomize Selected Device Parameters

Effect Column CheatSheet Dialog now either types to selected_row if no selection, or to the selection.

Select Padded Slice from Slice shortcut

Paketti Midi Populator
Creates 16 tracks. 16 instruments. creates sends for each track depending on how many sends in track. the 16 instruments receive midi notes from selected midi input device and channel. the tracks have columns visible by user preference.
the 16 instruments send midi notes to selected midi output device and channel. and they load VST/VST3/AU Plugin Instruments per track. naming the instruments + tracks accordingly to match the midi input device.

Midi Mapping for “Selected Instrument Macro Mapping 1…8”
so now everytime you use the Paketti DrumKit Loader, Paketti Multiple Sample Loader, or Paketti Clean Render, or “Selection in Sample Editor to New Instrument” - all instruments will come automatically set up with PitchBend, Cutoff, Resonance, Cutoff LfoAmp, Cutoff LfoFreq, Overdrive, Volume LfoAmp and Volume LfoFreq.
and there’s an *Instr. Automation device set to the track you are on, when you load the sample or created the sample, and all of them are automatable.
and the knobs you set for those macro mappings are for selected_instrument, so they’re not stuck there to one instrument, but “follow along” like “automap”

Note Interpolation (ala ModPlugTracker), shortcut + midimapping

Duplicate Track, set to Selected Instrument

Paketti Record Mode Signaler

1. do nothing 2. blend selected_track 3. blend all tracks
    Paketti Edit Mode Signaler (default, Selected Track, All Tracks) now with Scopes & Mixer video | Loom

mono to stereo sample editor

mono to left (right blank)
mono to right (left blank)

just implemented this logic for loading your favorite vst vst3 audiounit effects into either 1) Track DSP or 2) Sample FX Chain depending on if viewing Sample FX Chain or not. if you’re in sample fx chain view, you can load your favorite native or 3rd party devices to the chain you’ve selected, or, if you’re anywhere other than there, they are bumped to the Track DSP.

Sample Buffer Selection Halve / Double

Paketti Pitchbend Drumkit Loader - loads max 120 samples into new Instrument - with Pitchbend automation possible and starts from C0 and ends in B9.

Midi Mapping: Sample Editor: Sample Buffer Selection Control

Midi Mapping: Sample Editor: Loop Start, Loop End control

Midi Mapping: Added Slice positioning control:

Menu Entries for adding Modulation devices to selected Modulation Groups:

Shortcut for Paketti Clean Render Selected Track / Group. - Line-Input will set rendering to Realtime, otherwise High.

Midi: Knob for EditStep 0-64, and another for 1-64
Midi: Buttons for Select Next Track, and Previous Track.
Midi: Buttons for Editstep 0…64
Midi: Knob for Selected Instrument
Midi: Knob for Selected Track
Midi: Knob for Selected Track DSP

Also added “draw curve/line on selection” (Exp Curve Up, Exp Curve Down, Line down, Line up, Center-Max line, Center-Max-Exp, Center-Min line, Center-Min-Exp, Min-Center-Line, Min-Center-Exp, Max-Center-Line, Max-Center-Exp)

Shortcut for saving WAV or FLAC of selected sample (or selected slice), using Windows Explorer or macOS

Paketti PitchBend Loader loads a selected sample using the available OS Explorer (macOS shows a Finder), you select a sample from the formats .wav .aif .aiff .flac and .mp3 (feel free to ping me at esaruoho@icloud.com if you need other formats), then it loads the +12st Pitchbend Instrument, names the Instrument in the Instrument Box and the Sample in the Sample Slot by the selected filename, and loads the sample. Then sets Autoseek=On, Autofade=On, Oversampling=On, Interpolation=Sinc and moves you to the Sample Editor so you can see what you just loaded. This evades the need for using the Renoise Disk Browser for finding a sample, as it is far quicker to use the macOS Finder (or Windows Explorer, I guess) to load content. (This also provides you with being able to drag a wavefile from another macOS Finder window, to the Paketti PitchBend Loader dialog, and pressing enter, and there you are with the processed sample)
Paketti PitchBend Loader Example | Loom

Paketti PitchBend Multiple Sample Loader - does the same, but multiple files. Same processing for each file.

and so on.

Paketti is in Gumroad Paketti - A Suite of Features for Renoise

i’m ingesting all that i can script out of the 7361 “Ideas and Suggestions” into Paketti.

here’s some feedback I’ve gotten for Paketti:

Here’s some feedback I’ve gotten from people about this tool.

“It’s like it’s Renoise+”

“Your extension has so much to it. I was playing around with it the other day and I feel like I need to spend just a day to learn everything I can do with it. It’s like Renoise+”

“Your tool is really well thought out - most well thought out Renoise tool I’ve come across actually. Functions I even didn’t think about and it’s already inside your tool. Speaking of dedication.”

“I was mostly in awe and started immediately imagining new ways to use renoise”

“This is by far the most thought out tool ever. Why is this not natively implemented?”

thank you for supporting the work.

hit me up with new ideas and suggestions.

2 Likes

just added a method for inputting effect parameters + values using the Pattern Effect CheatSheet:

Paketti CheatSheet Effect Command Dialog with Randomize

3 Likes

here’s a couple of new things. KeyBindings for Paketti specific KeyBindings, and “all Renoise & all tool KeyBindings” dialog

these are multiplatform so work on macOS, Windows and Linux. unfortunately KeyBindings.xml is only updated on quit of Renoise, so i can’t offer dynamic updates.

@Lytz1

wait… i think i finally get what you’re saying. so you want it to not really be editstep, but to be “match-to-note-step”.

i.e. if there’s 6 notes in the pattern on that track, you go from the first note to the 2nd note, 3rd note, 4th note, 5th note, 6th note, while staying in the effect column.

if i understand this correctly, please could you confirm? it sounds like a great idea.

two midiknobs, one shifts the selected sample forwards, the other backwards.
hows this for offset

shortcut for stripping silence.
strip sielnce

shortcut for moving beginning silence to end.
bolt beginning to end

2 Likes

thanks to the donations i have been getting for Paketti, I was able to get a midi controller with pads, so i am now fixing dozens of MidiMappings to work on is:trigger. meaning now there’s midimappings for adding a vst, vst3, audiounit, ladspa, dssi device to selected track (or selected sample fx chain), or loading your plugin of choice to a new instrument slot.

2 Likes

PAKETTI the GOAT tool for renoise!
:pray:

3 Likes

thanks for the nice meme!

hi, here’s a bunch of preferences dialogs (3) - there’s way more but these might show some inkling of what Paketti can now do.

2 Likes

improvements to the paketti gater, which has volume, retrig, backwards, panning.
and output displaying (using only effect columns -there are other configs)

some of you might get a kick out of this feature… it allows you to select a track’s patterns in pattern matrix and draw a long automation across those, to selected automation lane.

Multi-pattern Automation drawing via Pattern Matrix selection

center->top->center->bottom->center exp curves

multipattern panning linear automation

3 Likes

here’s the current list of impulse tracker shortcuts in Paketti.

this new Paketti feature is from C64 trackers written by Aleksi Eeben, Heatbeat/CNCD. i was hitting him up for ideas and he said that PollyTracker, JohnPlayer and Quantum SoundTracker all have this “Replicate at Cursor” feature…

So I’ve added it to Paketti.

check out a video with audio

yes. everytime you shoot one of the two flavors of it ( Replicate at Cursor for All Tracks or Replicate at Cursor for Selected Track) it starts looping the pattern content from where the cursor is.
i can’t quite put to words how powerful this is and how fun it is.
hope you get through the video.

2 Likes

grouper

here’s something that was requested by @Jalex in the renoise forums back in 2011.

quick&useful.

2 Likes

is it different from shift+g in the pattern editor?

what’s that shortcut called, @Jonas

ah, apparently it is a tool I once installed which groups a selection in the pattern editor :slight_smile: , thought it was native since it feels so natural and obvious.

edit;

I think it is this tool; Group Selected Tracks | Renoise

1 Like

thanks for letting me know it’s a tool. i’ve added it as a shortcut to Paketti, and it, yes, does definitely feel like it should be there by default :slight_smile:
another “I can’t believe Native Renoise doesn’t have this” moment.

also @Jonas thanks a lot for pointing me to the tool, since i can now do the “Pattern Matrix” selection idea posted in the thread:
New Tool (2.8): Selected Tracks To Group - #9 by joule by @joule

and i already, last night, fixed the “errors out if master or send track is selected” because it made sense (your report i saw on made me smile since i had already thought about that error New Tool (2.8): Selected Tracks To Group - #8 by Jonas )

anyway, interesting stuff. also noted i need to preserve group state so if i select this:

it shouldn’t end up like this:

nice. i’ll first tackle the pattern matrix.

2 Likes

here’s editstep added to PlayerPro. you can modify editstep at any point in time with ur editstep shortcuts (or the Paketti midimapping for 0-64 editstep → then result:

playerpro tweak editstep

1 Like

where do i find this?

I will send u a build over dm.