New Tool (3.2.2): Start Recording On Note Input v1.0.001 (August 2020)

Start Recording On Note Input v1.0.001

Start Recording On Note Input or STN starts recording notes from the first input note with follow the player’s position in the pattern. It will start recording from the selected line.

• Go to “Renoise/Options:~ Start Recording On Note Input” to enable/disable it.

StartRecordingOnNoteInput.Menu.v1.0.001

Conditions

The conditions that the scenario must meet:

1. Renoise: Options / ~Start Recording On Note Imput: enabled.
  2. Step Length = 0
  3. Edit Mode: enabled.
  4. The pattern editor cursor must also be at note position, within a note column of a note track.

Download

Related link:

Thanks to @helltrack for suggesting this feature…

Enjoy it!

7 Likes

Thanks Raul (ulneiz)Raul for another wonderful tool

thank you :slight_smile:

That’s a nice idea, thanks.

Hmm I don’t get this tool at all
It just does regular recodings , be it cursor scroll on or off
What am I missing

I have detected a problem with one of the notifiers, when the line break (step length) is >= 1. However, this shouldn’t happen because the step length shouldn’t influence when playback is on with line tracking.

I’ll check it out when I have time for a new version. Thanks for mentioning!

@gentleclockdivider. A new version is not necessary.

1. For it to work properly, just make sure the Step length = 0.
  2. If the Step Length is > = 1, the tool will not be activated. You can edit in the usual way.
  3. Anyway, you must have the option marked: Renoise: Options/~Start Recording On Note Input.
  4. The pattern editor cursor must also be at note position, within a note column of a note track.

I’m using MacOS Renoise v3.3.2 but this option doesn’t appear at all for me. Has it moved? Or am I missing something?

This is a Lua tool, you must download and install it first.

D’oh! Of course! Thank you! :smiley:

64 bit ReNoise 3.4.2 on Windows 11

This tool does not work at all.
Step Length = 0

I do have it installed and activated under “Options”

Make sure you have Edit Mode enabled (red frame in the pattern editor).

Tested in this scenario and it works correctly. The conditions that the scenario must meet:

1. Renoise: Options / ~Start Recording On Note Imput: enabled.
  2. Step Length = 0
  3. Edit Mode: enabled.

Edit mode is also on.
I’m wondering if this does not work because I’m using a MIDI keyboard, not computer keys.

Also, maybe this tool is conflicting with yours?

I do all recording live and only use VST, wich is why I find AutoClonePattern useful since I never know how long a song will be. :smiley:
The Autostart recording would be the perfect match to go with AutoClonePattern.

It also works correctly with the MIDI keyboard. I just tried it, again.

It would be strange, unless this tool disables the follow player. Try disabling this tool. So you can check if it generates a conflict…

This is a mystery indeed…
It is still not working for me even if I disable the other tool.
I dont have any more tools that could conflict.
How strange…

The pattern editor cursor must also be at note position, within a note column of a note track.

That did it…
I had to put the cursor on a track that had a VST assigned to it.
And even that did not work on a VST that has key-split active and I hit a key that does not actually play a note on that specific VST.

Thanks.
:+1:

I’m glad it’s working for you now. I have put all the conditions in comment 1, in case there is any confusion.